**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Six Star Blues

2»

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

How do you guys get past the bad taste of pulling trash six stars? My last pulls have been Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Beast, Karnak, and now Mordo, none of whom I have any use for. To make it worse, I have a t5 Mutant catalyst, but no mutant to use it on. Anyways, how do you guys deal with bad streaks of luck, especially since six stars still take so long to get?

Step 1: don’t spend money/units chasing 6*’s

Step 2: pop crystals, and do not spin them

Spinning is more exciting.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Lohan33 said:

Feel better?

Proxima, VTD, Man-Thing, Angela, Hood, Guillotine, even KP. Could have uses. Especially VTD. Build-A-Champ.
    Luke Cage is better than Kingpin.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    there was a time back last year where every third pull on a Cav crystal was a 6* champ for me .. i didn't even care that some were trash .. fast forward MONTHS from then and i haven't sniffed one. some say RNG sure but there has to be something else to it. at least i believe ... to be able to "randomly" go from one extreme all the way to the next ya know smelled funny to me.

but i digress. it is what it is.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Spinning is more exciting.

Of course it is. It provides a shortcut to the brain’s reward system...but you don’t actually get the reward that was spoofed in your brain, and your desire to repeat the process increases, with little of value to show for it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Thebgj said:

I have the same problem ...until today, maybe.

I’ll let you all be the judge.

I just pulled Namor (I’ll supe him in 2025). He’s my 15th 6*. I’m not happy about it, but it’s a new 6*!

Me

Wdym you're NOT happy about it??? He's an amazing champion!
    Namor is not an amazing champ unless he is at a very high sig or max sig. Namor himself, unduped, is mediocre at best. Even at max sig, he's only good for his sig ability and prestige
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Thebgj said:

I just pulled Namor (I’ll supe him in 2025). He’s my 15th 6*. I’m not happy about it, but it’s a new 6*!

Me

Namor is not an amazing champ unless he is at a very high sig or max sig. Namor himself, unduped, is mediocre at best. Even at max sig, he's only good for his sig ability and prestige
    I have fun with Namor unduped. You hit Imperious Rex, massive damage.

Thebgj said:

Me

I have fun with Namor unduped. You hit Imperious Rex, massive damage.
    Yeah, but you have other champs that can hit that damage and more faster and easier than him. He has good damage, yes, but his ramp up is slow.
  • GizGiz Posts: 134
    You need to spend on cavs to get the good 6*'s....KabamRng!
  • SL1229SL1229 Posts: 61
    Giz said:

That's interesting...Most of my 6* openings have been pretty crappy. Of my 20 6*s, 13 have been from 6* crystals, of which all, but two have been useful (Thing and Gulk). The remaining 7 have been from cavalier crystals which were Namor (twice), Domino, Havok, Omega Red, Dr. Strange, YJ, and HTD (twice).

For some reason, I'm inclined to believe that IF you pull a 6* from Cavaliers, the ones you pull are better than the ones you would get from the 6* crystals...
    SL1229 said:

Giz said:

That's interesting...Most of my 6* openings have been pretty crappy. Of my 20 6*s, 13 have been from 6* crystals, of which all, but two have been useful (Thing and Gulk). The remaining 7 have been from cavalier crystals which were Namor (twice), Domino, Havok, Omega Red, Dr. Strange, YJ, and HTD (twice).

For some reason, I'm inclined to believe that IF you pull a 6* from Cavaliers, the ones you pull are better than the ones you would get from the 6* crystals...
    Idk about that, I have pulled four six stars from Cavs: Annihilus, Dorm, Ant-Man, and awakening on my Corvus. I got Ghost, Corvus, Sentinel, Void, and Symbiote Supreme from the basics. I have gotten better five stars from Cavs though. My five star roster grew so much more from forty Cavs I opened on cyber weekend versus all the five star crystals I have opened since. From those forty Cavs, I got Fury, Sunspot, Doom, And Steathly. Compare that to the amount of five stars that I have pulled from regular crystals in a 6 month span (December to today) the only champ I pulled that improved my roster were Thing and Claire and then awakening Captain Sparkles and Doc Voodoo. So in 6 months, I did less for my roster than I did in one day by buying forty Cavs.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    SL1229 said:

Giz said:

I don't see that at all. From cav I got, electro, both cycs, Diablo, sentry, and htd.

From basic I got my winners like sym supreme and those champs I can find a use for like rhulk.
  • DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    Got lots and lots of useless 6 star champs before finally getting a couple serviceable ones
  • HamptonHampton Posts: 6
    My 6stars so far...

Cap WWII
    Hulkbuster
    Abomination
    Miles Morales
    Cyclops
    And last but not least...duped Hulkbuster

It's not easy.....just focus on the 5stars man...
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    I don't even have any 6*
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    just move on and get excited for the next 6* champ you'll get in 2-3 months time depending on your ability to explore epic EQ and other side events that provide 6* shards.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Hampton said:

My 6stars so far...

Cap WWII
    Hulkbuster
    Abomination
    Miles Morales
    Cyclops
    And last but not least...duped Hulkbuster

It's not easy.....just focus on the 5stars man...

Hey, HB is getting buffed, so there's that