**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena Algorithm change?

frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
Fighting in the 5* Featured arena after 40+ rounds I used a R3 5* - R1 5* - R1 5* team and get matched up with a 6* death squad. At first I thought it was a fluke. Won the round. Used a similar team and got matched up with another 6* death squad and lost my streak. Has anyone else experienced this? This is the first time I've run into this and it's beyond frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    Using 5* r1 (especially two of them on same match) is a potential death sentence.
    And if you got away with it one time before, doesn’t mean you can count on that being OK other times.
  • Options
    If this was my first time in the yard....I'd agree with you. However, this has been a constant over months of gameplay with no issues only to have it pop up in the new featured 5* arena. This is why I question if there was a change made.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

If this was my first time in the yard....I'd agree with you. However, this has been a constant over months of gameplay with no issues only to have it pop up in the new featured 5* arena. This is why I question if there was a change made.

No just more Hav got more that 1 rank3 6 star that why it changed
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited March 2020
    Are they the SAME 5* champs your using, or just the same ranks but different champs.

Could depend on maybe how high up on Rating range the particular ones are that you’re using. ie, your highest 5* r3, versus your lowest rated r3. Could matter as far as if you’re meeting the overall Team Rating requirement for preserving Streak.

But anyways, I find it safest to only use one 5* r1/15 (or 1/25, forget how high the first rank goes) at a time (and NOT base level r 1/1 unleveled champs). And with other champs that are on the higher end of whatever other Rank you are pulling from.
  • Options
    ...and just to be clear, you’re comparing 5* Feature Arena to 5* Feature Arena ? And not versus 4* Feature or T4Basic/Alpha arenas (where 6* are not allowed and so may have slightly lower requirements)
  • Options
    It's not the same 5* team each time. If it was I'd assume it was an issue with the combined PI being too low. I never use 5* R1 champs that aren't at max level. All champs are at max level for their specific rank. Team was R5 Morningstar (7232) - R1 Unst. Colossus (3081) - R1 Black Panther CW (3094). Second Team - R3 Sabertooth (7005) - R1 Rhino (3100) - R1 Sup Iron Man (3097).
  • Options
    And yes...it's the 5* featured arena that this happened in. I've run this arena for a long time (5 year vet) and have never had this issue before today.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

And yes...it's the 5* featured arena that this happened in. I've run this arena for a long time (5 year vet) and have never had this issue before today.

Read what I’m said above.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    My simple ans is: avoid any matchup with two 5*r1 in your team.
    4*r5 better than 5*r1 if you don’t have sufficient higher ranked 5* in your arena team.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

frodo2377 said:

Read what I’m said above.
    I did after I made my last post. That makes the most sense as to why things changed.