**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Increased difficulty matchup in 5* Featured arena: What give?

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
So, I went there with a team I normally used which I knew shouldn't face a death match.
Well, I was wrong.

Let's not focus on my lack of skill to win the fights.

There is a change has happened in 5* featured arena.
Or am I wrong?

Should this be happening?
Why is this happening?
Because now there are more R3 6* champs out there?
Should this be happening and make that 5* featured arena becoming too competitive between players with huge rosters (mostly use money in the game) and players that who have medium size rosters (mostly do not use money in the game)?

Nothing is wrong to use money to buy GMC to increase your rosters but is it okay to let these guys competing with players that slowly increasing their rosters in 5* Featured?

Should they have separate arena matchup pools?

Am I just have to go with it and have to make some huge rank up of my team to compete in the 5* Featured arena?

So many questions but so little answers.
Or maybe am I wrong after all?

I would love to know what you guys think about this.

PS: Looks like I have to put down my ambition to go for the 5* arena champ for now.

Comments

• Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    Game is progressing so is peoples roster. The death match cutoff will not stay the same.
    If you really want to use those r4 4* then mix them up. Use 2 5* r3 and a 4* to be safe.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    is it even possible to win a fight against a 6/3/45 with a 4/40?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    I can see with all the other recent complaints who have been using 2 champs at the 5* equivalent of only 3/30 (with a 4/40 or 5/50 equivalent).

But this case is a full 4/40 Dup'd Team and even though Spidey(s) may be on the low end, that Electro is at least upper half within the spectrum of all 4/40's ratings.

I still at least try and spread out the ratings (1 from upper range, 1 from mid range, 1 from lower range) of the Rating Spectrum when doing ALL 4/40 (or their 5* r2 equivalent) teams.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Something has changed, a team I've always used has now brought a death squad. It may be the changing dynamics of the game, and now we're forced to find the new minimum team that avoids the death match. It just sucks. I was lucky I was able to get past the death matches, but now I know where to stop and readjust my later teams
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    You can win the fight as long as AI throws speacials
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    The same thing happened in the past when 5/65 were rare, and then became more common. As rosters progress the death match limit rises as well.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Thanks for all the feedbacks guys. Really appreciate it. Have a great day
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    The ceiling of Total PI has been raised again with the introduction of 6* R3s. Increase your Total PI by 1000 just to be safe.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    In the 5s featured arena, I’ve noticed that fights 11-17 are now much harder, but doable. I’ve always used my r4 and r5 5 stars for those fights.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Surprised that you hit the deathmatch with that team tbh. I've still not been hitting them using 2/35, 2/35, 1/25 except for when I bring the low PI R1s.

If I want to use all of my 5* I've been doing 3/45 1/25 1/25 until I'm out of R1 champs then just doing 2/35 2/35 2/35 until I'm all out.

But yeah, as people have said, the more R3s available the more likely it is you're going to luck out, especially as the R3s are all very high quality champs as well.