**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stay or Leave: Important factors that you do consider while taking a decision about your alliance

TJ82TJ82 Posts: 610 ★★★
I would like to hear from community, what makes you decide to stay or leave an alliance.

Is it consistency in AQ performance (100pc finish without having much trouble)? Is it being in top tier in AW (depending on your level)? or both? Or playing with friends you made here is far more important.

An example, say if you in an ally with some friends and the ally is performing consistently in AQ, but struggling bit in AW. You have a feeling that you and
some of your friends are overgrown for this alliance. But they still insist on staying. What will you do? Does progress means everything or having some friends also makes a difference. So based on this above example would like to hear view from forum.

Sorry in case if this is bit confusing 🤗

Stay or Leave: Important factors that you do consider while taking a decision about your alliance 44 votes

AQ performance has to be good, AW can be ok
31%
samalasravanTerraCassyHammerbro_64WRIRTankRichardsonEtjamaJollyHawkFiiNCHLucianoDelHoyalowlevelplayerFeroX_the_fat_heringTheToxicCactusHarpener 14 votes
AW performance has to be good, AQ can be ok
4%
CtuchikMathgeek 2 votes
Consistency in both AQ and AW performance
31%
DL864Jim0172BowTieJohnheartbreakid_22LordNeoLucasjones_98Crumb3307Aaronc94MauledSean_WhoJtheGoatDominic518Agent_X_zzzSavage 14 votes
Playing with friends
18%
MikeyBoi69pseudosane10or_StrongRonD9Suxy88Hobo_GoatSuperiorSymbioteCaptainGame 8 votes
Others
13%
MoosetiptronicMarvel2289Denzel116NeotwismThicco_ModeYa_Boi_28 6 votes

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Playing with friends
    I consider it better being that you can work even better I’ve seen a lot of ally’s with that one person who doesn’t get along with most
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    AQ matters the most to me. After that, its the people.
    I recently left an alliance that had good aq and aw, just because the leader was a tyrannical dictator jerk that would yell at some of our members that were only like 10 years old.
    My new alliance does around 30 million aq points a week(that's good for my level) and is OK at AW, but not the best. AW sucks anyways.
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    Playing with friends
    Id have quit a year ago if it wasnt for my alliance group chat
    Even on days without aq or aw we're chatting to each other and it has especially helped during lockdown
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I feel the need to add a complex answer here. You name it, i have seen it in this game as far as people staying, leaving, and rage kicking everyone.

It all depends on what YOUR viewpoint is. There are enough alliances to find what you like, then stay. but I dont see it as AQ or AW or friends. it is the direction of the alliance aligning with what you want. I describe it as 3 factors alliance leadership has to consider:

1) Push in AQ
    2) Push in AW
    3) Push with friends and accept where you fall

Once alliances start flip flopping, you get some new recruits who have an impression that you are all about war! then you bug them about AQ and they question leaving because they want AW! Or, you push AQ to make a certain rank, someone fails to pull their weight in the alliance and nothing happens, you are giving friends preferential treatment, and people see that and move on. That's not to say you can't push both AQ and AW, but you cant expect someone who hates one to accept both. I try to tell my friends who lead alliances that you need a #1 goal. after that, you can have a #2, but you need to remember it is #2.

Short answer, I prefer AQ #1 and friends #2. But flip-flopping to pander to recruits/new members will push me away quicker, as well as pushing everything at once, and giving friends preferential treatment.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    AQ Rews > AW rews.
    Having a good alliance with good friends and allies who respect one another is good boost too.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Another option to consider, break off and start your own alliance.

This is actually what happened with me and a handful of folks in my first alliance. We outgrew it, wanting more progression. The leader wasn't really leading. We broke off, started our own alliance with a focus on what we wanted and agreed. Took since time to get it filled, but in the end and after almost 4+ years, the core group of us are still together.

But overall, it comes down to what you want out of this game. Once you know, there are many avenues you can go to achieve it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Others
    It really depends on what you want. I prefer a more relaxed alliance to fit my schedule
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Others
    Tayyab82 said:

Neotwism said:

Simple answer....are you having fun? A lot factors into an alliance and it's different for everyone. Some ppl want max rewards no matter what. Some ppl like a relaxed atmosphere and don't care as much about the rewards.some just want to play with their friends. These are all great reasons for staying and leaving an alliance. As long as the alliance makes you happy when playing the game and the enjoyment outweighs any stress that comes along with it then I would stay put. Once the stress outweighs your enjoyment it is fine to politely move on.

Yes having fun is definitely most important factor, but bit difficult to findout. Some consistent performance in say either of AQ/ AW and regular connect with friends you have been playing with for long time can make it hard for you to decide. Deep down you know you have outgrown ally and might not be happy with one of outcome, but other factors make it hard for you to decide.
    It may be a difficult decision but it still boils down to if you are happy. There is a point and time ppl can outgrow their alliance. Then they need to decide what it is that makes them happy playing. Personally, I prefer knowing my teammates and what is expected from everyone over getting a few more shards and t4 frags. It's fun and less stressful knowing I am part of a stable alliance with little turnover and I won't be kicked if I make a small mistake. That stuff makes the game more fun for me to play. I know I could get better rewards if I changed alliances but that stability means more than the rewards. The game has plenty of content these days to earn resources. I'm at the point in the game where playing for fun is more important than rewards. The rewards I earn are enough to keep me happy.