**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can Heavies be Parried ?

Yeah well I encountered this quite a lot while playing arenas. Is it not a bug ? Is it meant to be like that ? Please share your thoughts on this...

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    If you timed it well, yeh sure.
    If you have the "Stand your Ground" mastery, it can also inflict the stun fro the parry
  • A heavy attack can be parried if your Opponent has the Stand Your Ground mastery active. That Mastery grants a chance for a Champion to withstand a Heavy Attack while blocking, and if it activates at the same time as a Well Timed Block, it can cause the opponent to Parry your heavy attack.
  • mani274mani274 Posts: 93

If you have the "Stand your Ground" mastery, it can also inflict the stun fro the parry

I got parried while using heavy.... Not the other way around.
  • mani274mani274 Posts: 93

A heavy attack can be parried if your Opponent has the Stand Your Ground mastery active. That Mastery grants a chance for a Champion to withstand a Heavy Attack while blocking, and if it activates at the same time as a Well Timed Block, it can cause the opponent to Parry your heavy attack.

Thanks for the explanation... By the way are you not in Quarantine ?
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    mani274 said:

I got parried while using heavy.... Not the other way around.
    As willowisp said it has to be with the mastery
    So you can only be parried in arena or AW
    Champs that trigger autoblock shouldn’t be able to resist a heavy
    Mole man can resist heavies I believe
  • Opponents in Arena probably have StandYourGround Mastery, which allows you to stand firm against a Heavy.

And if you mean that then you yourself become stunned (from an actual parry, and not just that your Heavy didn’t knock them down), that is a possibility in conjunction with the StandYourGround. They could activate block as you attempt to heavy (timing like a normal parry) and because the Heavy is blocked it could result in parry-stun.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    It’s a fun but rare occurrence in game
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    @will-o-wisp where does your name come from
    I assumed at first it was Pokemon
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    mani274 said:

A heavy attack can be parried if your Opponent has the Stand Your Ground mastery active. That Mastery grants a chance for a Champion to withstand a Heavy Attack while blocking, and if it activates at the same time as a Well Timed Block, it can cause the opponent to Parry your heavy attack.

Thanks for the explanation... By the way are you not in Quarantine ?
    You don’t need to be in an office to access a website...