**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Random power bar question

Am I the only one that noticed 10 hits don’t fill up the power bar like before or is this something new ?

Comments

• Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Are u using a 6 star?
  • Options
    Ohhchewy90Ohhchewy90 Posts: 201

Are u using a 6 star?

No I’m doing arenas and I’ve noticed that it takes 11 hits to fill a power ball
  • Options
    Bar*
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    i remember vaguely somewhere that power rate gain is abit different across different ranks of a champ. like a 5* r2 might gain power with more hits compared to a 5* R5?
  • Options

i remember vaguely somewhere that power rate gain is abit different across different ranks of a champ. like a 5* r2 might gain power with more hits compared to a 5* R5?

No this is something new cause with all my 3* 4* and 5* it’s all 11 hits if I don’t get a parry in between
  • Options
    Are you comparing formerly using 4* 5/50, versus now using 5* either r3 or r4 ??

The RANK that a champ is determines their general Power Rate. Each rank higher (regardless of whether 3*, 4*, 5*, etc) increases Power Gain by another 5%

So what is strength wise a similar 5*r3 will have 10% LESS Power Gain that it's similar strength 4* 5/50 does.

(but besides that, I’ve normally never filled SP1 with just first 2 full combos.)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158294/champions-of-different-rarities-gain-power-at-different-rates#latest
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Each rank gives a bit more power than the one below it i isn’t remember the exact numbers
    But it’s enough to make a difference in the long run for certain champs and to be noticeable
  • Options
    Parry MLLLM Parry MLLLM pretty much never fills 1st bar power for me, even with rank-5 champs.

Now the OPPONENT'S Power Bar, that's another matter, hitting them 10 times WILL reach their SP1 because being hit gets more power than doing the hitting,
  • Options

Are you comparing formerly using 4* 5/50, versus now using 5* either r3 or r4 ??

The RANK that a champ is determines their general Power Rate. Each rank higher (regardless of whether 3*, 4*, 5*, etc) increases Power Gain by another 5%

So what is strength wise a similar 5*r3 will have 10% LESS Power Gain that it's similar strength 4* 5/50 does.

(but besides that, I’ve normally never filled SP1 with just first 2 full combos.)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158294/champions-of-different-rarities-gain-power-at-different-rates#latest

This has to be something new cause my maxed out 3 and 4 star champs don’t fill up a PB I could wrong but I’ve always remembered once I did my 10tj hit on a combo I was able to use a special regardless of the rank and knowing how kabam moving lately j wouldn’t put it pass them
  • Options
    And I just tested it out with a maxed 5* Corvus , rank 4 Medusa 5* , maxed 4* GR , and maxed 3* doom none fill a PB with 10 hits
  • Options
    Unless you happened to have certain synergies working in your favor (there are a few sets of them that bump up Power Gain), reaching SP1 after just 10 hits would be way too quick for attackers.

They would want to have opponents be able to do a SP1 (after some full combo sets) before the combo set that would let you do your SP1 first.

Or at least, that seems to be why the timing is Opponent after 10 hrs, but attacker needing at least a little more hits that just 10.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Am I the only one that noticed 10 hits don’t fill up the power bar like before or is this something new ?

My friendly neighborhood summoner, don’t lose sleep over it man.

Just accept it for what it is and move on. Trying to work out how this game works or functions or whatever will only bust a blood vessel in your brain. And you still won’t have an answer.

• Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Parry MLLLM Parry MLLLM pretty much never fills 1st bar power for me, even with rank-5 champs.

Now the OPPONENT'S Power Bar, that's another matter, hitting them 10 times WILL reach their SP1 because being hit gets more power than doing the hitting,

Try taking the same 10 hits and see how fast your power bar fills up and let us know if it’s at the same rate of speed.
  • Options
    TaintoTainto Posts: 66

100% noticed this and searched to see if anyone else was noticing. It has nothing to do with rank champs it has to do with the same rank of champ now getting a slower power full after the recent red dawn update. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    Yes, it's always been related to rank of champ. Pretty sure in the past, a max rank champ could get a bar of power from 2 parries and 2 MLLLM combos. You need the two parries though. If one of those was from an intercept you won't get it. Has it changed from that now?
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Just tested in EQ. Two parries and two MLLLM combos gave me a bar with a max rank champ.
    The two parries are needed in order to get it. If one of the combos was an intercept you won't reach a bar.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It's been fine for me
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    you gain power when struck on block
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,648 Guardian
    Just went back and tried my 5* max. Starky, Ice, Corvus all reached 1 bar with double Parry-MLLLM. Had CapIW reach it on some, and not on others (maybe missed a final M as an L instead, or maybe his higher BlockProf ends up giving him less power on a Parry ?)

Same with a few other 4* 5/50, seemed to reach it with Parry-MLLLM x2.

Does seem like MLLLL maybe leaves you just short however (for some champs ?)