**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When should I think about investing in MD?

Currently I have the following 4 star mystics:

DV 4/40 Sig 56
SW 4/40 Sig 29
Dorm 2/20 Sig 1
Mordo 3/30 unawakened
Hood 2/20 unawakened
Looking 1/10 unawakened

Noticeably missing is Magik - the queen of MD. Would it still be a good idea to start investing in MD and building up these masteries? I currently have DW at 4/5 and Assassinate at 2/5, but no class specific masteries as of yet. Would I see an improvement in SW and DV for my questing and Mordo and Dorm for my AW defense just by taking it to 3/5 or do I need to take it to 4/5 or higher to see a real improvement?

Comments

• Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    I have MD at lvl 2 and I can notice it working. It is not anything amazing, but it is noticeabe. If you can take it to 3/5 right now, I'm sure it will be very helpfull.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    DV with r5 MD is a game changer... He kinda sucks without MD to be honest.

Just try it with level 3. It's not a huge investment but will give you a decent feel but keep in mind that r5 is over double the strength of r3.
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    However, lvl5 MD is hard to control while fighting and becomes more of a nuisance than being helpful. I find lvl4 the most balanced

Good to know that.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I have max md and run voodoo in war. It's only "hard to control" in bc you auto shoot to l3 a lot of times with poison and you auto shoot close to l2 again when you power burn 3 loas. But, the question is whether you think having more l3s and l2s is a problem (I don't think it's a bad thing personally). I love max md, both for defense and offense. I had max md when my only two mystic defenders were magik and 4* duped UC and I didn't have a mystic attacker anymore (bc I had ranked down witch after nerf). My advice is invest early. I bought 10 cores a week (300 units) to build it up over time. It just takes patience.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Don't forget that you can use loyalty to purchase class cores. I bought enough to get to 3/5 MD just recently using loyalty only. 8000 per core I think. You just have to wait for your class core to show for sale on particular days.
    It was 20 cores for level 3 if I remember right. 10 for 2. 5 for 1.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Mystic cores show up in loyalty store on Fridays for me. 3/5 minimum is ideal for defense, but I use just 1 point on offense and you'll see the difference when fighting guys like Groot or OML. Even 1 point isn't bad just to help you reach your s2 early for people like Magik or Dorm that power lock.

I would definitely advise against using Loyalty on UC until MD is set though. He needs it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I have it at R4 and recommend it.

• Options
    I only have it at 2, but it works fine for me, on offense at least. Nobody really knows how their defenders are doing with this stupid no defender kills change
  • Options
    StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I have it at 3 and for DV, it works great. 4 may be overkill on the offensive side. Higher levels are more benficial to some than others depending on how easily they get rid of buffs. Mordo for example doesn't. So a high level for him would maybe be better, but it is harder to control it for some others, because they can strip buffs easily. If they have a good sp2 or sp3 like Magik, then higher levels are good, but you don't need level 5 to the point where you need to abandon other good stuff. 5 is definitely geared towards the current version of AW defenders. Dunno what the next version of AW will be like yet.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Anything below 3 is unnoticeable. 3+ for defence (5 for best results). However, lvl5 MD is hard to control while fighting and becomes more of a nuisance than being helpful. I find lvl4 the most balanced
    This is a good point. I had to take mine to level 3 to control it best while attacking.

• Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    MD is always good to have in my opinion. In lower AW tiers people struggle fighting MD because they haven't honed their skills around not triggering evade or they use champs with boatloads of buffs.
  • Options
    It takes a long time to get enough canisters to upgrade it. Start buying them w loyalty every Friday, even if you don't have the mastery points available. Just keep getting them every week and put a point into md whenever you can. It's worth it.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    MD is always good to have in my opinion. In lower AW tiers people struggle fighting MD because they haven't honed their skills around not triggering evade or they use champs with boatloads of buffs.

Higher tiers still struggle not triggering dexterity too. That's why it's everywhere. It's hard to bait specials and not trigger dex