**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think AW are worth playing seriously?

Hi guys, I am an intermediate player with 900k account and 13 r5.My alliance is around 31m and we are p4 as of now. The wars are so much stress and so expensive to handle and are not worth the effort Imho. I spend almost all the loyalty I get from AQ which is 5k glory a week, I also spend a lot of loyalty and credits for more potions mostly cuz of flaw tactics(No I don't have Quake). After this season I will definitly quit my alliance and just focus on AQ and spend all my glory on t5 and A2

What do you guys think?Are AW worth playing ?

Comments

• ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61

It's definitely worth playing, especially since the rewards were buffed. You just have to find a level you're comfortable with. If you're grinding for p4 and getting burned out, look for gold 1 or 2 alliance.

We were gold 2 at the beginning of the season cuz of banned players etc and we won around 10 matches back to back.We only lost 2 wars out of 13/14 but I still believe the difference between the p4/gold 1 is still not worth the items being used. No matter how good you are you are bound to use items cuz of nodes and esp the global one
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    At tier 5 and above AW is expensive and can be kind of stressful.

Defence tactics are a negative addition to AW for the players. When the "new' AW map was introduced, deaths went up threefold or whatever it was for the majority of alliances. Attack bonus was deciding the outcome of most wars so why introduce another layer of difficulty that makes the game mode feel oppressive and unenjoyable.

I genuinely hope Kabam are reviewing the feedback about AW on here and make some positive changes for next season.

In it's current format and since the glory store upgrade there is no incentive to push in AW for many. The most efficient use of my time and resources is aim to drop down to tier 6/7, G2 and go item free. That in itself suggests they don't have the correct balance.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    If you look at it from a completely transactional perspective, then no. The amount of time, effort, stress, and resources put in would not equal the rewards back. However, I think some of this comes down to enjoyment too. After all, the game is meant to be enjoyed. Not a perfect example, but for some people bowling competitively is fun. Even though it can be very competitive and meticulous, some people enjoy that aspect. As well as the fun that comes from competing. But most people just like to play against friends for fun.

If the aspect of competing against other allies is fun for you, even though there are parts that aren’t fun, then I would say it’s worth it. If you hate it, then just go down to playing with people for fun.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Elhadjee said:

Hi guys, I am an intermediate player with 900k account and 13 r5.My alliance is around 31m and we are p4 as of now. The wars are so much stress and so expensive to handle and are not worth the effort Imho. I spend almost all the loyalty I get from AQ which is 5k glory a week, I also spend a lot of loyalty and credits for more potions mostly cuz of flaw tactics(No I don't have Quake). After this season I will definitly quit my alliance and just focus on AQ and spend all my glory on t5 and A2

What do you guys think?Are AW worth playing ?

I may not be in a high ranking alliance, but I can say from all the complaints that I see in this forum about AW and the number of items that are used by YouTubers allows me to say that if you want to be stress-free, you should not play AW due to the minimal rewards that you get and the number of items/units that you have to use.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    AW is not fun anymore as these tactics come out , which do not seem tested beforehand . You are better off with AQ rewards .
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    There are tons of alliances that have gone to just AQ only.

The time pressures, the locking of all your top champs and the pressure not to fail just doesn't make much sense to keep trying to play that mode.

Then we got the unfair matching system, and all the shenanigans going on trying to beat the matching system, the shell alliances, and all the other baloney going on, just puts a nail in the coffin so to speak.

Why Kabam doesn't have tournaments like the College brackets, I have no idea. Such a simple thing to do, so you can see who actually is #1 spot.
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    At this point in time with the matchmaking stuff, no it’s not entirely worth it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Our ally does one BG for fun. We try to win, but no one gets mad about a loss. Rewards are fine. Nothing amazing, but they were recently buffed which was good.
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    Between the headache and the time consumption for leader and officers isn’t worth the rewards. We focus almost entirely on aq.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    To each his own. For our alliance, we are AQ focused, but we're p4 for war, and we only win about 50%. War is shorter than AQ, but definitely added stress, but if you're prepared, war can go real quick. These rewards are worth the effort we put in. We don't need to win them all, our focus is just to clear. Those points alone keep us p4 at tier 4.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Been playing for 3-4 years. Been an officer for 3 and a leader for 2. For a long time, war was my favorite game mode even way before seasons. I enjoyed the challenge, excitement and competitiveness.

When war seasons first came out the rewards were outstanding. This was met with both enthusiasm and folks getting burnt out from pushing/going all out. So I'm not sure if this is part of the reason that kabam has toned down the value of the rewards. No idea honestly. Personally, for me and my alliance, we are currently of the opinion that it is no longer worth pushing in. We are running itemless or limited item war. We still use strategy and play smart/try hard, but are not really boosting or healing very much. What it boils down to is this... Glory is far too valuable to be spent on potions. They have introduced the new unit potions and boosts, but frankly the rewards have not been updated in a way that makes me want to spend units on the game mode. I'd rather save them for Story mode or Abyss.

However, I do have members of leadership who said they would rather quit the game than stop playing war, so there is always a balance of trying to keep everyone happy. It's just a matter of doing what works for you. For us, the compromise has been itemless/low item war.

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I can say that higher tier AW reward is not worth all the stress you have to suffer throughout the season which last a month. A month for the same rewards you can get in 5 days from AQ, itemless and no stress.

AW at middle level is fun and acceptable though.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    If defense tactics were removed, people would push again
    GOTG said:

I can say that higher tier AW reward is not worth all the stress you have to suffer throughout the season which last a month. A month for the same rewards you can get in 5 days from AQ, itemless and no stress.

Don't know how you get the same rewards between war season and an AQ set, that's absolutely not true, two different set of rewards
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I'm doing my best in every war. If I don't forget it's on) No boosts on options or revives
    Rewards wise I'd say no. For top rewards you would need to have r3 6* by now, I guess? To deal with r3 defenders huge health and to place r3 defenders in your side. Do top rewards give you anything to take a 6* to r3 or r4? Nothing except 6* shards, but it's not a guaranteed value — you most likely want only some specific champs, who will help you. So it takes more than it gives imo
    It worth it probably if you want some constant challenge, otherwise - not really
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    No it’s not, not anymore

GOTG said:

Don't know how you get the same rewards between war season and an AQ set, that's absolutely not true, two different set of rewards
    Aside of shards which AQ doesn't give you, they are same. You use glory to buy t5bc and t2ac and you can buy more from AQ rewards.

And about shards, for most guys who play master and platinum 5* shards are basically useless. 6* shards good but RNG makes it a gamble anyway.

For some guys in Kenob who can run whole AW without deaths AW are worth it but for most of us, it's not.
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Aside of shards which AQ doesn't give you, they are same. You use glory to buy t5bc and t2ac and you can buy more from AQ rewards.

And about shards, for most guys who play master and platinum 5* shards are basically useless. 6* shards good but RNG makes it a gamble anyway.

For some guys in Kenob who can run whole AW without deaths AW are worth it but for most of us, it's not.

Speak for yourself, because we still go for shards in war rewards as platinum 4 ally. Like I said before, to each his own, so don't think you speak for everyone or even a majority.

For those who struggle with war, you have the choice to move down or not do it at all, your choice.
  • cherascheras Posts: 112
    Kabam please increase AW rewards triple, then everyone loves AW again.
    edited April 2020

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

Speak for yourself, because we still go for shards in war rewards as platinum 4 ally. Like I said before, to each his own, so don't think you speak for everyone or even a majority.

For those who struggle with war, you have the choice to move down or not do it at all, your choice.
    Platinum 4 is the medium not high level war. And I understand that you still go for 5* shards.

• Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    War does not offer a feasible pay out for a month of misery that comes along with it. The war rewards need to be significantly buffed for me to even be slightly intrigued again... right now it all just feels pointless. AQ is where its at.