**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Purchase Restored

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Topped off units to finish part of Variant 1 with a $9.99 purchase yesterday and experienced something I’ve never seen before in game...

First, the purchase (via iTunes) failed to go through and the in-game message mentioned something about “current payment information”—I failed to screenshot it, but everything on iTunes like CC info was and has been correct.

I tried the transaction a second time, and received a message that the units pack had already been purchased and gave me an option to “restore” the purchase. I did, was charged once, and got the units once.

Anyone else ever have this experience? I’m assuming the issue could be on my end, since I’ve got four people each with a couple of devices squeezing bandwidth with Zoom conferences, work log-ins, etc. But I’m curious to understand how my purchase would be restored—usually if something fails to go through, it just fails and you try again.

Thanks in advance...

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Yes, I experienced that a few weeks ago. Really weird, and it took me a bit longer to solve it.
  • Options
    Thx @UltimateBatJoke

I’ve had a couple of odd purchase messages in the past several months, but this was the first time I’ve had a “restored” purchase. Confirmed I only got charged once, but just odd.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Yea, when I started I bought the 2* Deadpool deal, didn’t work the first time, sis work the 2nd time, and charged me for both. I never got reimbursed, and at this point idc if the $5 value is returned or not, but I’m glad the in app purchase process is smoother now
  • Options
    Could maybe be that the purchase (from the game's perspective) went through originally, but just not the payment (and Apple somehow knew that was the case) ??
    Or visa-versa ??

So when tried again it sort of knew the “incomplete” status of the first time, and the “Restore Purchase” could be a way to reconcile just 1 transaction.

Instead of people asking for a refund of the first one, and then re-purchasing a second time. But that get's you into trouble because the game itself can’t take back Units on a Refund, so they put you into “Negative Units” balance because your money was actually refunded but you got to kept Units.

**So maybe this is a new way (“Restore Purchase”) of avoiding going thru actual Refund Requests from Apple when a purchase runs into initial problems ??
  • Options

Could maybe be that the purchase (from the game's perspective) went through originally, but just not the payment (and Apple somehow knew that was the case) ??
    Or visa-versa ??

So when tried again it sort of knew the “incomplete” status of the first time, and the “Restore Purchase” could be a way to reconcile just 1 transaction.

Instead of people asking for a refund of the first one, and then re-purchasing a second time. But that get's you into trouble because the game itself can’t take back Units on a Refund, so they put you into “Negative Units” balance because your money was actually refunded but you got to kept Units.

**So maybe this is a new way (“Restore Purchase”) of avoiding going thru actual Refund Requests from Apple when a purchase runs into initial problems ??

Possibly. I had an issue last November over a week or two where I had a handful of purchases that didn’t go through initially. Can’t remember what I was doing but I needed units (Act 6? Variant?) because I played awful. I was also having a lot of game lag and uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times.

Shortly after my third or fourth “incomplete” purchase (one that didn’t go through initially), I lost the ability to access the unit store entirely—I got a message that said the Unit Store was “unavailable.” Couldn’t get a response from anyone on the team or with Support (other than a generic one), but after about a week the Unit Store came back online as usual. I’m guessing it must have looked like someone trying to game the system when in reality it was a frustrated guy playing badly on a bad connection.

Perhaps this is a way around people getting stuck in that kind of black hole?

Dr. Zola