Options

Worst monthly Calendar ever!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    This calendar is a flipping embarrassment. Have some pride Kabam. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You're right. I demand my half of a five star for doing no work whatsoever!
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited September 2017
    Geez. Hasn't anyone here ever been offered a handmidown appliance or piece of clothing and said "no thanks".

Being free doesn't automatically equal valued. In fact, it rarely equals valued. It usually means it's a burden.

A free calender is fine. That doesn't mean it is automatically good. Its better than nothing. And it's not free. It requires consistent log-ins. The calender is designed to keep players active, because it's in Kabams interest to. Its the same reason you get offered "free" units if you haven't logged in for a month.

Its able to be criticised. We're giving Kabam what they want by devoting hours of our day to their game. Can we stop pretending it's a one-sided relationship? Its not. Were just products of marketing and capitalism.

If you want to get angry at me for saying it, go ahead. But this is the first calender I don't feel an obligation to log in daily to get. That means someone isn't doing their job as well as they should, because that's not what should be happening.
    #shittycalender
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Geez. Hasn't anyone here ever been offered a handmidown appliance or piece of clothing and said "no thanks".

Being free doesn't automatically equal valued. In fact, it rarely equals valued. It usually means it's a burden.

A free calender is fine. That doesn't mean it is automatically good. Its better than nothing. And it's not free. It requires consistent log-ins. The calender is designed to keep players active, because it's in Kabams interest to. Its the same reason you get offered "free" units if you haven't logged in for a month.

Its able to be criticised. We're giving Kabam what they want by devoting hours of our day to their game. Can we stop pretending it's a one-sided relationship. Its not. Where just products of marketing and capitalism.

#shittycalender

No one said it was great. We said it's better than nothing, which is actually what you're saying. I think we agree here.
  • Options
    Apparently my comment was deleted.

That's disturbing.
  • Options
    Anyway, this is the first calender I don't feel obligated to log in to get.

That shouldn't happen. The calender is meant to entice log ins. If that's not happening, then it's problematic. More so for Kabam then the players though.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

That shouldn't happen. The calender is meant to entice log ins. If that's not happening, then it's problematic. More so for Kabam then the players though.

Yes, how dare they not offer you enough incentive to want to play a video game?

Let me tell you what shouldn't happen. You continuing to post here shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    It's free but it's crappy compares to the last few months.

People are allowed to make this comment.

Lots of stuff in the game is free. That doesn't also make it useful.

For me personally, its free within the game means I didnt have to invest any time playing to earn them like usual such as running quests, dailies arena etc.... And for me this calendar along with the weekly and every subsequent calendar previously are actually fantastic compared to my 1st year of playing.I cant remember when exactly the monthly and weekly calendars were introduced but I dont believe it was so long ago(I say maybe 1yr at most) that some of us have forgotten a time when we had no login rewards at all. And its also my opinion that everyone is entitled to theirs also and should be respected for it whether we agree or not and as so should Kabam and its employees be extended the same. In this specific case, I can confidently say, they have done absolutely nothing to warrant some of the snide and rude remarks that are being thrown around. I'll be the 1st to admit there have been quite a few instances where I would not rush in their defense, just not in this case. I for one feel that negativity just drives a bigger wedge between the relationship of not only the community and Kabam but within the community as well. I Cant find any benefit that comes from it for anyone involved. Lastly, this could be a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, the moderators would take a better stance towards responses and updates if there wasnt so much venom being spewed at them about frankly a lot of irrelevant things beyond their control. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are human, have feelings and opinions just as you and I do.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    there is really no way for kabam to appease every level of player with a calendar tuned to their needs.

Free 5 star hero of your choice at the end of the month.

Not that difficult tbh.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    When someone gives me something, I say "Thank you!". Lol.

Even if it is a turd on your doorstep?
  • Options
    Gotta love people complaining about things they get for free lol
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    To all it may concern.......

I just saved 15% on my insurance, by switching to Geico.....
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited September 2017
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Yes, how dare they not offer you enough incentive to want to play a video game?

Let me tell you what shouldn't happen. You continuing to post here shouldn't happen.

Too bad pal. Always amused by a little cowardly internet sledging.

Not sure what brought on the animosity, but - meh.
  • Options
    bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Is not the worst calendar ever ... Is above average.

It's not above average at all, the first couple monthly calender were awesome, it's almost a year later and we haven't seen anything like those first 2 months
  • Options
    bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    The Calendar is different every month. People assumed there would be 5* Shards every month now. It's all free Items. Yes, you have to log in. I wouldn't call that extrenuous. I honestly don't see why all the complaints. When someone gives me something, I say "Thank you!". Lol.

Even when someone gives you a turd, your a better person than me...