**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would you pay more 5*/6* shards to guarantee a new champ?

AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
I’ve definitely chased dupes for certain characters but often- particularly when saving a long time for a 6*- duping a champion can be pretty depressing. Part of the game, sure, but still depressing when all you want is a new character.
One solution might be to guarantee a new champ by paying more shards. Would this be remotely possible from a design perspective? And if so would you be willing to pay more shards to do so? We already pay more for the featured crystals.

Would you pay more 5*/6* shards to guarantee a new champ? 68 votes

Yes, for the same price as a featured
66%
zuffyBioHaZarD007Terraege999menJim0172Knorr7227Py2x453Stingerbk_Kill_Switch_TOMCAT19DrDeadpoolLmaoMoosetiptronicTroy_Elric123WRIRKentheartbreakid_22LSDinRazer_Boltz619Mattstafari 45 votes
Yes, for more than a basic but less than a featured
25%
Mr_Platypusdannyrottenfrodo2377Thecrusher_9756CupidRaikisMohAustin555555MysterioKDSuperFlash10UltimateBatJokePImpDaddyZeezoosBugmat78Strongmen101accelerator_181Dominic518 17 votes
Nope
8%
TrendlyFynnCassyRookiieJollyHawkWoody15GinjabredMonsta 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't pay the same price as a featured, but I would pay 12,500 shards for one. It's to the point where my last twenty-plus openings (5 stars) have all been useless dupes. The only new champs I have got in the past couple months have been both cyclopses. I'm missing a fair bit of champs and I'll take any guarantee to get new ones. It's pointless to talk about it though because Kabam will never implement something like that, it'd cost them more money than they'd earn
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I am sick of pulling garbage so yes I would easily
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Yes I will pay triple price for a guaranteed champ. My last 12 pulls have been so bad I can't even remember them.
  • Options
    120k shards wasted along with time and energy
  • Options
    Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Nope
    I wouldn't, but I could see why somebody else might
  • Options
    @StevieManWonder There’s a lot of game discussion today so I just thought I’d float the idea. Maybe someone will notice.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    depends on the champ.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

@StevieManWonder There’s a lot of game discussion today so I just thought I’d float the idea. Maybe someone will notice.

It never hurts to try! If we're lucky I'm wrong and Kabam will listen to you
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Yes, for more than a basic but less than a featured
    If a nexus was available to buy with shards, it would be good too buy it for 12,500
  • Options
    Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    edited May 2020

If a nexus was available to buy with shards, it would be good too buy it for 12,500

Totally agree, making Nexus crystals more available in the game would be a significant show of good faith to the player base and would let us ignore the dumpster champs. And it should cost somewhere in between basic and feature.
  • Options
    StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    This would break the game.
  • Options
    Stellan said:

This would break the game.

The game is already broken with undesirable contents that are coming out. Arena is broken,Aw is broken, Act 6-7 broken. Whatelse is left ,AQ is repetitive
  • Options
    @Stellan I asked whether it would be possible from a design perspective. I’m not a programmer and I don’t know how difficult it would be, but for an already complex game surely it wouldn’t be impossible?
    If the game can track and implement something as complex as masteries that affect each character differently it could exclude a set number of characters as outcomes for certain crystals? We already buy tons of crystals with limited characters.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    More than a featured I can go up to 10 - 15k shards tbh
  • Options
    MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    Id be willing to pay 17,500 5* shards for a 5* nexus
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★

Id be willing to pay 17,500 5* shards for a 5* nexus

Same here and I'd only go for nexi if this was the case
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    With the **** they have in 6*’s, the basic should be a nexus cause most will still be filled with 3 **** options
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    Idt think getting a guaranteed champ should only be for 15k. It should probably be for 20+ k shards to get a guaranteed champ. But I’m all for introducing nexus crystals for 15k shards
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    I'd definitely be willing to pay more shards to get the champ of my choice or have some form of choice. I'm heading towards a year with an unduped 6* Omega Red, I'm still looking to get a 5* Ghost Rider so I can use Blade effectively in some Act 6 and I still don't have a Mr Sinister counter.
    My progress is halted not because I lack skill but rather because I lack luck... which is absolute dog ****
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    It’s a really interesting idea OP and one I’d like to see in the game. I can’t see how they’d implement it though - each crystal comes with a set pool of champs with set RNG for pulling each champ. I don’t know how they’d be able to update the pool of champs for each individual crystal for each individual player every time they opened one.

Imagine popping 10 of these crystals in one go.
  • Options
    I don’t think guaranteed champs for shards is remotely possible. I’m just theorising whether it would be possible to guarantee one you don’t already own.
  • Options
    @FiiNCH Thanks. I’ve no idea if or how it could be implemented. It would be nice though ;-)