**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Make old champs rare drops

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
For the most part people don't want to pull old champs. Especially when we are talking 6* champs. It seems to be a reason why a lot of people quit actually. Save up for 6* and again get an old outdated champ for the 5th time in a row? "Screw this game, I'm out."

So what if the algorithm was designed so that old champs are a Kabam confirmed rare pull? That would change up the stigma big time. It would give them trophy champ status so that to a lot of newer players who happened to pull a Jugs wouldn't be so devastated. Plus, and I know Kabam has done a decent job of this so far, keep beefing up their synergies to make them desirable. Make old school champs have great synergy abilities the new champs can't do by themselves.

Comments

• GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    First off, I'm not talking 75 percent of the champs. I was thinking champs by year they were introduced. 1 year at a time, first year being the year the game was released. Then after another year passes then antique the following year after it's inception. And so on.

Also, buffing the old champs is too tedious. The game is too intracitely designed to buff all the old champs. It would be a lot less work, therefore more likely to get done, for Kabam to add synergies.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Graydrox said:

Because buffing the old champs is too tedious. The game is too intracitely designed to buff all the old champs. It would be a lot less work, therefore more likely to get done, for Kabam to add synergies.

But that means iconic marvel characters, such as iron man, captain america, hulk, spider man and many others will be hard to get for new players who don't understand how the game works, and will be angry when they get marvel characters they've never heard of.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I am still hunting for Immortal Iron Fist.
    😔
    Those iconic champs suck as they are. And if you've been paying attention you would know they are most likely to stay that way, at least for a long time. So why not make them trophy champs and give them sweet synergies? Give them value. They don't have it now.
  • So what would the cut off be? What counts as old? Is this gunna be just a yearly thing? This isn't a feasible idea and like earth said, why try to trophy champ all of those champions. Takes the away the meaning of trophy at that point.
    edited May 2020
    Trophy champ is the word I'm using but it's not exactly the word that best captures the situation. They won't really be "trophy" champs, more like rare drops.

And its totally a feasible idea. This world of mcoc is a artistic and mathematical construction that is easily altered by the programming team. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's absolutely implausible. They could do a percentage for instance. The oldest 10 percent get antiqued to rare status for instance. Easy as that.
    I hear ya but you have to look at this from kabams point if view. Why would they buff an old character enough to make them useful. You can only have so many useful champs if you want to create a demand, and kabam would rather those useful champs to be their new champs so they can make money. They are a business.

In short, Kabam aren't gonna buff the old champs other than to create the illusion that are trying by buffing 1 old champ every 6 months. Its not in their best interests to buff every champ.

So, why not give old champs some value in the way I was saying. It would keep new champs valuable and at the same time make old champs more valuable. Win win.
    But that's not really my idea because Kabam has been adding synergies to old champs for a while. But making them rare pulls, now that's next level 😁
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    I would be more likely to buy crystals and offers if I knew I was getting at least something better than arena fodder for my money and time. It's not healthy for the game for every champ to be OP and moonwalk through endgame content, but that doesn't mean most of them need to suck.
  • Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    One of the best additions to the game has been the Community's Choice: Champion's Update, but the timeline from the final vote tally to the updated release needs to be much faster. Six months to respec Hulkbuster isn't meeting the needs of the game or it’s customers.

Using Seatin's Tier Ranking system as a baseline, there are approximately (conservative estimate) 30+ champions who need to be updated. Most of these are iconic Marvel heroes and villains who are being eclipsed by recently released B-list characters. At this rate it would take years to make worthwhile updates to all the champions that are in dire need of one.

Obviously, the game has evolved in ways that Kabam didn't foresee. They are able to do more with abilities and powers; and the animations with recent champions are truly well done. But this has created a schism between original/earlier champions to the ones that now get released monthly, but that doesn’t mean the company cannot correct these ever-growing divide.

I propose Kabam start phasing out, or discontinuing, some of these older characters by doing a buyback program similar to the one they did after they respeced Cull Obsidian, Namor, etc.. These characters should include champions like Iron Man/Superior Iron Man (basically ones that are reskins of one another); and Iron Fist (champions that have no value on anyone's roster). And honestly who would be sad to see Joe Fixit disappear from The Contest? No one. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Kabam should take the comments Seatin made in the video describing why he is leaving his alliance and stepping away from the game (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TiOAqCEE2SM) to heart. He is only one person speaking in the video, but he is voicing the concerns and frustrations for a majority of Kabam's customers. I think this marks a crucial time for Marvel Contest of Champions and how Kabam chooses to react to it will determine the fate of The Contest.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Old Champs as Rare drops?? lol.. There are god tier champs from 2015-2016. They need to be added to 6* pool. Like Hyp, Magik, Dr.Voodoo Check this and then decide

• BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Also, if not Juggs.. You will get Diablo, Ebony Maw, Red Skull.. what difference would it make..
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    Point 1: The problem is with the crystals themselves. There are too many champions in one crystal type. The basic crystals should now be segmented by year of release. That way people can choose to go after a particular year champion (see point 2) that is within a crystal instead of a crystal 1 out of 150+ or the crystals could be multiple years depending upon rarity or content cleared.

Point 2: Kabam could look to change Chapter 7 to require special teams of champs to clear specific paths. Like Fantastic 4, Sinister Six, X-Men, Avengers, etc to allow certain champions to shine again. When the team is put together completely it can unlock special skills that the champions don't have in the their base kit to play with. So far, the current synergies are weak and uninspiring mostly because older champs have next to zero utility. This would help to unlock new interest in playing a 5 or 6 star Groot with a GOTG team.

What do you all think?
    edited May 2020
    @Bahubali
    Look at the ratio of trash champs from that era compared to now. It's not a good comparison. most of those champs from 2015 are trash tier while only a few of the champs from 2019 are.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    They should just divide crystals and make them year based or percentage based per years for champions and have them cost more shards like the old 5* feature crystals. With so much of the content being created being lock and key, rng plays way too much of a role in player progression ie book 2 beta. Who needs those old champs at all end game. Even their synergies are largely useless.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    BDVM said:

Point 1: The problem is with the crystals themselves. There are too many champions in one crystal type. The basic crystals should now be segmented by year of release. That way people can choose to go after a particular year champion (see point 2) that is within a crystal instead of a crystal 1 out of 150+ or the crystals could be multiple years depending upon rarity or content cleared.

Point 2: Kabam could look to change Chapter 7 to require special teams of champs to clear specific paths. Like Fantastic 4, Sinister Six, X-Men, Avengers, etc to allow certain champions to shine again. When the team is put together completely it can unlock special skills that the champions don't have in the their base kit to play with. So far, the current synergies are weak and uninspiring mostly because older champs have next to zero utility. This would help to unlock new interest in playing a 5 or 6 star Groot with a GOTG team.

What do you all think?

Kabam would make that FF gate and make the path champs and nodes so that the FF would be the last team you would want to bring. Skill defenders with Poisons, Masochism, reflect debuffs, etc.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    the stupid hurts.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    Or Buff them Up....
    That sounds better i think
  • Conrad_JohnsonConrad_Johnson Posts: 38
    BDVM said:

What do you all think?

I've been waiting for a specific year or 2 year span crystal. I've been playing since release and I'm actually thinking of quitting. I've said before (like at release 12.0), but I mean it now. I save up 5* and 6* crystals and actually don't want to open them because I've been disappointed so many times. It is a cruel joke. An ever increasing pool of characters so the odds of getting the one you want is horrible. They have just released the Bi-Class crystals. I've gotten nothing but trash/useless characters. I thought I would like it, but there are just so many useless characters. At least let me choose which POS I get (out of 3) like the Nexus crystals. 5* crystals that pull from the whole pool should cost 10k shards and be a nexus crystal.

I'm just so frustrated. I have not used a single 5* or 6* in gameplay that I received in the last 6 months. I have 91 5* champs. I still don't have a Ghost Rider, Stark Spiderman, Angela, Archangel, Captain Marvel (movie), Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Domino, Ghost, Guillotine 2099, Human Torch, Korg, Medusa, Warlock, Vision, Venom, Ultron, Thing, Sunspot, Spider Gwen, Scarlet Witch, Ronan, Quake, Namor, etc.
    Kabam could give me 100K 5* shards and I probably still wouldn't.