**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mastery/Boss Rush Concept: Like or Dislike?

AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
Imagine a boss rush using the game’s best defenders (Kabam has the data).

Instead of giving them nodes/boost however, set them at 6* rank 3 (or higher), and give them a mastery setup. Make it itemless, but set an entry fee (units) if you must.

Then having exhausted the mastery points, give these bosses additional mastery points...even if that means full mastery of offence, defence, and proficiencies.

Show us what these bad boys/girls would look like as opponents. Maybe it will give you the data to reconsider mastery changes.

Mastery/Boss Rush Concept: Like or Dislike? 41 votes

Love
14%
16wegnerkLordRaymond3IvarTheBonelessBlackMagic2911UnassignedtesterNocturnalCookie 6 votes
39%
Bpn88855DrDeadpoolLmaoCats4lifeshadow_lurker22RookiieCtuchikMiStaLovaspigwenderDarkEternityArham1Hera1d_of_Ga1actusBawa69MasterpuffPsyLifeAburaees 16 votes
Dislike
31%
SceptilemaniackikiFurieuxElhadjeeKillSwitchOGAvengerObaid_Jacob03TimeGenesisTheTalentsGinjabredMonstaLucifer1810AdokLil_LasagnaSkyLord7000 13 votes
Hate
14%
jdrum663GtekkersJollyHawkChriissRH3t3rCaptainPoll 6 votes

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    IDK what this would show. It wouldn't be hard to beat.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I mean that’s what the duel system does, if you go to the top page you’ll find R3 6*s with mastery set ups. Most of whom are high prestige champs who are a pain to fight.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Mauled said:

I mean that’s what the duel system does, if you go to the top page you’ll find R3 6*s with mastery set ups. Most of whom are high prestige champs who are a pain to fight.

But you don’t find them with 80 or 90 mastery points.

I think it would be interesting to face opponents with extra masteries instead of nodes designed to punish dexterity or physical contact.

IDK what this would show. It wouldn't be hard to beat.

Maybe not individually, but 20 or so opponents with no boosts/items. The closest thing to it currently is ROL, and they’re just 4*’s with inflated health pools.

Eastern time
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

Mauled said:

I think it would be interesting to face opponents with extra masteries instead of nodes designed to punish dexterity or physical contact.

There's not many masteries that are hard to fight. Nodes are how the game has"masteries"

Aburaees said:

Mauled said:

There's not many masteries that are hard to fight. Nodes are how the game has"masteries"
    But none of us has fought a full mastery setup yet. And the reason the rest of the game relies on nodes to make things challenging is because there’s always the option to revive and heal up. I’m proposing an experiment more than anything.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I don't think you understand that this really wouldn't be that hard. There are only a few masterys that I even notice fighting in war or arena
  • Dislike
    Yeah this wouldn't be that big much if a challenge for a boss rush
    K00shMaan said:

I don't think you understand that this really wouldn't be that hard. There are only a few masterys that I even notice fighting in war or arena

Doesn’t need to be too hard.

ROL isn’t that hard, it’s moderately challenging, but it’s boring.

And since you’ve never fought anyone with FULL masteries...you don’t really know what it would feel like to go through 20 - 30 of that kind of fight without using potions/boosts.

Sure there are skilled players who can breeze through stuff, but there are still a lot of people not at that level.

And since one of the purposes is to showcase mastery setups that transcend the current mastery point limit...I think it will demonstrate whether or not the current limit is relevant (at least from a defender point of view).

edited May 2020
    You could add 9 points in strength, 9 points in greater strength, 9 points in vitality, and 9 points in greater vitality. That is 32 extra mastery points added but it doesn't even come close to a 100% attack and health boost that is standard on every war fight. Masteries and nodes are the exact same thing except masteries are specifically designed to not make your characters broken good unlike a node would. Because of this, it makes them incredibly simple perks to deal with, at least 99.9% of the time.

What your asking for is war without the stress so it actually sounds like a great idea lol
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Dislike
    Without nodes it would be super easy for any average player. I think we need more creativity than that to be honest but thinking outside the box is much better than we're getting now where its just more attack and health. Also, war is basically fighting r36 star and r5 5 stars with masteries.

Without nodes it would be super easy for any average player. I think we need more creativity than that to be honest but thinking outside the box is much better than we're getting now where its just more attack and health. Also, war is basically fighting r36 star and r5 5 stars with masteries.

Aye, but war is only 10 or 12 fights max, and even the top alliances are guzzling health potions to get through it.

I’m talking about a longer gauntlet of normal fights, with no items, to showcase extended mastery setups.

We’re told that extra mastery points would be bad for the in game economy, so I’d like to see what these defenders are capable of.

Limit it to one champ on our team if we’re concerned about it not being a challenge.

Think of it as a new ROL, but item less, and without inflating the health pools.
    edited May 2020
    @Aburaees were you playing the game in December 2019 when they added Silver Surfer?

The side event that month was fighting every character in the game over the course of about 9 quests. So roughly 18 or so (they got longer as we went along) fights each quest with no nodes on each character except for the boss. A lot of people were doing that itemless.

Restricting to one champ is a novel idea though. But if you don't inflate health pools, everyone will probably just use Corvus.

You're really overthinking how much Masteries affect Defenders. They affect attackers more. They just don't want to give more Mastery Points so that players have to make a conscious choice of what will help them specifically. If they gave us an extra 10-15 points, everyone would just run the exact same setup up and then toggle between suicides as needed. They keep that number lower so that we do have to decide what benefits each individual. But with that being said, it really has a super minimal effect on defenders.
    K00shMaan said:

@Aburaees were you playing the game in December 2019 when they added Silver Surfer?

The side event that month was fighting every character in the game over the course of about 9 quests. So roughly 18 or so (they got longer as we went along) fights each quest with no nodes on each character except for the boss. A lot of people were doing that itemless.

Restricting to one champ is a novel idea though. But if you don't inflate health pools, everyone will probably just use Corvus.

You're really overthinking how much Masteries affect Defenders. They affect attackers more. They just don't want to give more Mastery Points so that players have to make a conscious choice of what will help them specifically. If they gave us an extra 10-15 points, everyone would just run the exact same setup up and then toggle between suicides as needed. They keep that number lower so that we do have to decide what benefits each individual. But with that being said, it really has a super minimal effect on defenders.

Hi @K00shMaan, yes I remember that and I enjoyed it.

I had a look at the Mastery trees earlier and a fully mastered champion (excluding the pointless bits like XP and Pittance) would have 167 points - whereas we have 59.

There’s also the fact that 6*’s have another two levels not yet available to attackers (but could be available to quest enemies).

I think it’s possible to create a fun challenge tower or long-form updated ROL-type quest that doesn’t feel repetitive.

There are ways and means of tailoring the difficulty e.g. the hardest difficulty could specify a lower rarity rating.

Anyway, if I can’t win you over I’ve appreciated the level of engagement you’ve shown. Thank you 👍
    I like the gauntlet idea but if you focus on the mastery points not being used, and thus would be what makes this game mode different than war/arena, there are so many points that are essentially just a minor attack and health boost which is being incorporated most of the time.

Gauntlet: great idea. Adding masteries? People wouldn't even notice unless the enemy caught then with a parry.