**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Suggestion] One way to keep current RNG crystals but also let players get the champion they want

BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Kabam only needs to revamp the Max Signature Ability Crystals.
Instead of extra normal crystal shards, players have maybe 40% chances getting "The Chosen Shards" from the MSA Crystals.
(5* The Chosen Shards come from 4* MSA Crystals; 6* The Chosen Shards come from 5* MSA Crystals.)
And then players can use "The Chosen Shards" to purchase any champion (in the basic pool) of their choice.

If Kabam wants to limit how many champions players can get in this way, they can increase the prices with each purchase.
For example, 10000 The Chosen Shards to purchase the 1st champion, and then you need 20000 shards to purchase the 2nd one.
The price reset cooldown timer could be every 6 months.

Even f2p players can get two 5* champions of their choice every year, but they must have a big enough collection and play actively.
Those whales who have lots of 5* champions at max sig level get the chance to choose the 6* champion.
So this won't harm MCoC's current market economy. And players won't lose hope and quit if RNG never favors them.
Most importantly, #NeverSellChampions!

Comments

• AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Sorry , it’s still bad ... 10k shards takes a long time for 6*s , I don’t need to pull cyclops and groot! Just let us have champs , but make rank ups more niche
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I still disagree that people should be able to 100% guarantee a champ.

Yeah same. Honestly, I don't understand how people get to 3-5 years of playing and just now have an issue with the RNG. That's what the game has always been about. It's an RNG-based game.
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81
    AlphA101 said:

Sorry , it’s still bad ... 10k shards takes a long time for 6*s , I don’t need to pull cyclops and groot! Just let us have champs , but make rank ups more niche

It's intended.
    The goal is never flooded with God-tier 6* stars.
    Kabam needs to earn money, so 6* will remain as whale's privilege for some time.

The goal is to give players what they need most for clearing endgame content.
    In current meta, you can 100% explore any content with 5R5 champions. You don't need 6* to do it.

I still disagree that people should be able to 100% guarantee a champ.

Because there are some endgame content ask for specific champions to deal with it.
    You may have skills, and a strong enough collection.
    The only piece you're missing is that specific champion.
    In result you could be stuck there without any progress for 1 year .
    Think about 6.2.2, if you have neither Heimdall nor Captain Marvel, how many pots would you burn to defeat Mr. Sinister?

• I still disagree that people should be able to 100% guarantee a champ.

Because there are some endgame content ask for specific champions to deal with it.
    You may have skills, and a strong enough collection.
    The only piece you're missing is that specific champion.
    In result you could be stuck there without any progress for 1 year .
    Think about 6.2.2, if you have neither Heimdall nor Captain Marvel, how many pots would you burn to defeat Mr. Sinister?

I totally get that, and sinister took a couple revives to take down for sure. I just think that being able to get and target a specific champion just has the risk to disrupt the balance of the game. But I won't deny, there is content that is designed for specific champs so it really sucks when you don't have that option and have to wait like you said for up to a year or more
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    I would definitely get a champ I actually want if given the option. Nova, Abomination, and Mr Sinister aren't crushing Act 6 and 7 or Abyss, but I don't care. I like them and would use the **** out of them anyway just like my 5-65 KG and Mole Man.

I totally get that, and sinister took a couple revives to take down for sure. I just think that being able to get and target a specific champion just has the risk to disrupt the balance of the game. But I won't deny, there is content that is designed for specific champs so it really sucks when you don't have that option and have to wait like you said for up to a year or more

My solution won't disrupt balance and economy of the game.
    Because active f2p players will only get at most 2 five-star champions every year, and 0 six-stars.
    Whales would get more. But they're already opening lots of 300 crystals to get all the shining new champions.
    Give f2p players a guaranteed chance to keep up with the meta. It's good for both Kabam business and players base.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Forgot to address the idea! I like it. You wouldn't get to pick right out of the gate and if people think getting a champ of your choice at most a few times a year would destabilize the game, please explain why. Opposing it sounds like old man SNL skit. "In my day, you didn't get to choose what you wanted to do. You worked a job you hated, and that's the way we liked it! You didn't get to pick who you dated and married, you were fixed up with someone you didn't even like and that was it. You got to be miserable until one of you died, and that's the way we liked it!"
  • monstrillemonstrille Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    I think its okay to retain the RNG aspect of crystal openings. Though i agree that the game can be improved on champs obtained from crystals. My suggestion is to have a shard-based nexus crystal inventory that players can unlock based on their individual story quest progression. This can be obtained and grinded for through usual means, but should cost more.

For example, a 5-star nexus crystal inventory can be unlocked for players who have obtained cavalier status. Completing act 6 (not exploring) should allow the player to unlock the 6-star nexus crystal inventory.

The nexus crystal shard inventory shall also carry the same amount of shards as the basic inventory but a fully formed nexus should cost the player more. Im not good on fair pricing but 15k shards could be an incentive for players where an additional investment of 5k 5* or 6* shards allows them to have a guaranteed selection from 3 champs that will pop out from the nexus crystal. This is not a guaranteed solution for the RNG from opening crystals, but should be a step in the right direction where players can get rewarded for putting in the effort to play the game and finish content.
  • I think its okay to retain the RNG aspect of crystal openings. Though i agree that the game can be improved on champs obtained from crystals. My suggestion is to have a shard-based nexus crystal inventory that players can unlock based on their individual story quest progression. This can be obtained and grinded for through usual means, but should cost more.

For example, a 5-star nexus crystal inventory can be unlocked for players who have obtained cavalier status. Completing act 6 (not exploring) should allow the player to unlock the 6-star nexus crystal inventory.

The nexus crystal shard inventory shall also carry the same amount of shards as the basic inventory but a fully formed nexus should cost the player more. Im not good on fair pricing but 15k shards could be an incentive for players where an additional investment of 5k 5* or 6* shards allows them to have a guaranteed selection from 3 champs that will pop out from the nexus crystal. This is not a guaranteed solution for the RNG from opening crystals, but should be a step in the right direction where players can get rewarded for putting in the effort to play the game and finish content.

I could get behind that. It would be interesting but could provide the opportunity to get 1 - 3 good options to choose from. Plus I find the nexus crystals fun when I do get them
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    No champion should be buyable or guaranteed it's what made me get bored with injustice (mobile version) there was no gamble just save up and buy. No matter how many times my luck is bad the gamble is still fun
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Maybe they should add an arena you could do. Make it 3v3 and you can use certain star rarities for certain rarity champs. Like for a 4* version you can use 2-4* champs. For a 5* version you could use 4-6* champs. They could call it basic and featured arenas. Theyd be free and you can earn milestone rewards like gold and battlechips. That way if you really wanted a champ you could go and earn it. I doubt they add this content but might be helpful.