**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Android on PC

AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
Due to being in lockdown,My phone broke and it's not usable.
I found out that we can install Android on a PC.If I install Android on my PC and download and play mcoc on it will I be safe? (It is not a emulator I am installing Android on my PC)

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Forgive me for not being too familiar with how it works, but isnt using android on PC already by itself using an emulator? I'm presuming your PC is either a macbook or windows computer.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It will be consider as an emulator, and will get you banned.
    If you aren't playing the game like it's meant to be played, then you are doing it wrong and against the rules
  • Options
    My pc is windows
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    If you say it is not an Emulator, then what is it ?
    Anything other than a natural Android (or Apple) app-based device is not allowed.

BlueSt... is not allowed, emulators are not allowed, running on a PC is not allowed.
  • Options
    I am instling Android 9 on my pc.
  • Options
    I am dual booting android
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    You might get banned
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    And playing the phone with a game pad is ok which the game aren’t supposed to be played that way
  • Options
    Guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGk3-dzXi3s. This is the custom Os I am am trying to install.
  • Options
    Waiting for a answer from a mod. Never had any wrong itentions. If somebody such as a mod denies it I wont do it.
  • Options
    Dude trust us, it isn't a good idea
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

Waiting for a answer from a mod. Never had any wrong itentions. If somebody such as a mod denies it I wont do it.

Do a quick search, or read the ToS.
    This has been stated multiple times already. It's not allowed, and you will get banned
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

While you’re waiting, look through some “why was I banned?” threads. You may get your answer faster that way.

• Options
    KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    Well if you want to lose your account be my guess literally everyone is saying dont do it the mods will say the same thing
  • Options
    I am installing ANDROID OS on my pc and not any third party software!
  • Options
    Its not listed in the tos that you cant install android on your pc and play mcoc.
  • Options
    He's just asking whether it is something that would be OK to do (he hadn’t actually done it yet).
    Which is a whole lot better than those that go ahead and do it first, and ask questions later after getting a ban.

And we’re just advising him of what we have seen in the past from Kabam, etc.

——
    But what is THIS referring to ?? ...
    Daddrieda said:

And playing the phone with a game pad is ok which the game aren’t supposed to be played that way

Apps are not just limited to running on a “phone” (for whatever definition a “phone” is nowadays).
    Samsung tablets and Apple iPads are indeed the same system as their phones, except for most likely not having the built-in Cellular Service and ability to make a Cell Phone call.
    Some phones themselves are basically getting to be as large as smaller Tablets now, and some Tablets actually come with Cellular service capability built in too.

Or do you mean something else when you say “Game Pad” ?
  • Options
    Oof its ok and will not do anything of that. Thanks for advicing me!
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    It seems many of you don’t even understand what it is like running a full-blown Android OS in a windows tablet. It’s NOT an emulator, it runs Android natively just like you have an Android in a Samsung tablet or some of the latest Google Play supported Chromebooks.

Those who prepared the TOS probably didn’t even consider such devices. So, there is a good chance you’ll be flagged for using a “third party software” and get banned because the device id won’t show it as a known Android device. But it makes no sense at all since it’s not different from using an Android tablet such as Galaxy Tab S6.

But if you use an Android phone with a custom OS such as Lineage OS I don’t think it’ll get flagged because the device id will still show it as a known Android device.

Custom OS is not the same as running an emulator in a Windows or Mac OS. It is native Android.
  • Options
    Watched the video, and they actually say it is an Open Source OS “based on” Android.

They don’t even claim that it is official Google Android.
  • Options

arsjum said:

It seems many of you don’t even understand what it is like running a full-blown Android OS in a windows tablet. It’s NOT an emulator, it runs Android natively just like you have an Android in a Samsung tablet or some of the latest Google Play supported Chromebooks.

Those who prepared the TOS probably didn’t even consider such devices. So, there is a good chance you’ll be flagged for using a “third party software” and get banned because the device id won’t show it as a known Android device. But it makes no sense at all since it’s not different from using an Android tablet such as Galaxy Tab S6.

But if you use an Android phone with a custom OS such as Lineage OS I don’t think it’ll get flagged because the device id will still show it as a known Android device.

Custom OS is not the same as running an emulator in a Windows or Mac OS. It is native Android.

It's third party software in terms of the tos and that's the only information relevant to OP's situation.
    Is it? It’s Android. How is that a third party software exactly?

Bluestacks or other emulators are among the third party software because you run them within a Windows container and people can use Windows functionality to run bots.

Running a modified version of MCOC is using third party software because you modify the files and recompile apk to make a MOD, which is cheating.

In this situation it is native Android that is GMS compliant with Google and you download the game directly from the Play Store. Once again, it is literally no different from playing this game in a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.

To the OP:

Don’t expect anyone give you the exact answer because no one knows for sure. Not even moderators. At best, you get an answer reminding you that using any emulators or third party software is against TOS without telling you whether your specific case falls under that category. And you are likely to be flagged if you play this game on a Windows tablet for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

So, better not do it.
  • Options

Watched the video, and they actually say it is an Open Source OS “based on” Android.

They don’t even claim that it is official Google Android.

Your official Android is the barebones AOSP that is made by Google.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    If you're using an emulated environment, that's not official. Common, but not in the technical sense.