HUGE FPS drop on maps with weather effects (literally 3-4 FPS)

Drummer16Drummer16 Member Posts: 324 ★★
New patch has caused major performance on our iPhone 6+s. I was able to correlate it to any maps where there are weather effects. At first I thought it was just random, but now I see the pattern.

There is NO WAY this is playable. This needs to be stickied...I lost infinite streaks and used revives/pots already due to this issue in just the last few hours.

Please, disable weather effects ASAP. Once again, I figure out the cause of one of your new bugs :)

Comments

• PaddiePaddie Member Posts: 28
    Bumping up - it's not easy to play on these levels st all
  • FizicystFizicyst Member Posts: 43
    Ok, it is not just me then. I am on an android tablet and have the same issue...very laggy and difficult to play.
  • MarvelKeekMarvelKeek Member Posts: 31
    I'm using a Nexus 5 and an LG g6 both running Android 6.0.1 and any background effects- embers, rain, snow, aircraft landing- are causing significant frame rate issues that make the matches virtually unplayable. It's a total crapshoot as to whether I'll win them.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Member Posts: 324 ★★
    Yea, this is ridiculous. For boss fights, I have to close the game now if I get one of these snow / rain levels. Some of them tend to get the level more than others so it's a 50/50 chance. Then, I lose 50% of my health on top of that even tho I quit before the fight starts. Thanks Kabam for once again finding a way to screw us over by not even trying to test the game.

I found the issue playing the game in the first 4 matches, assumed it was due to server side lag, and then noticed it would happen only on levels with effects. Seriously, do they even test their releases? I mean, simply playing the game would find these issues...
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Almost lost my streak in arena because of the snow.
  • AEG93AEG93 Member Posts: 69
    I'm having this exact same problem, and I use an iPad Air 2 so it also happens in iOS
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Member Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. Sorry that you're getting frame rate drops and lag with weather effects. We have a lot of threads on this right now, so I am going to direct everyone here, and I'll post updates there moving forward. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.