**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Would You Properly Fix The 6.2.6 Boss Fight?

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I say just leave him with one indestructible charge and get rid of the no retreat node. Thats it.

That's wayyyy too easy. We should get rid of the No Retreat node, but it shouldn't be 1 charge
    Compared to regular map bosses he's harder than most without the indestructible charges. So leaving one proves you have the skill to dex it. Why do we need to prove it 5 times? That's why I say one indestructible charge is enough.
    Because you could dex that 1 charge by luck. Doing it 5 times proves skill.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I’d personally make indestrible charges persistant from
    Fight to fight, you don’t have to dex damn 5 specials in 1 fight! Oh n probably reduce the attack amount
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I say just leave him with one indestructible charge and get rid of the no retreat node. Thats it.

That's wayyyy too easy. We should get rid of the No Retreat node, but it shouldn't be 1 charge
    Compared to regular map bosses he's harder than most without the indestructible charges. So leaving one proves you have the skill to dex it. Why do we need to prove it 5 times? That's why I say one indestructible charge is enough.
    Yeah I had the skill to do it already. The only thing the made it easy was me playing it like 20 more times. That's not something to hang your hat on or to brag about. You're not the only one to beat the Champion boss. If you like it the way it is fine but I'll glady take my additional rewards after the nerf and not care who else gets an "easy" time with it.

Yeah I had the skill to do it already. The only thing the made it easy was me playing it like 20 more times. That's not something to hang your hat on or to brag about. You're not the only one to beat the Champion boss. If you like it the way it is fine but I'll glady take my additional rewards after the nerf and not care who else gets an "easy" time with it.
    When did I "brag about" it? When did I say I was "the only one to beat the Champion boss"? You're just putting words in my mouth just because you disagree with my statements.

I'm just saying. You could win a poker game by luck, but winning multiple takes skill.
    Haji_Saab said:

If an enemy cannot be parried and smashed into oblivion, it's an unfair fight. That is the number 1 rule.

/s
    Yeah LMAO. If it can't be 5 hit combo'd, then it's wayyyy too hard. 😂

When did I "brag about" it? When did I say I was "the only one to beat the Champion boss"? You're just putting words in my mouth just because you disagree with my statements.

I'm just saying. You could win a poker game by luck, but winning multiple takes skill.
    Telling people to get better is bragging. You don't have to literally say I'm bragging to be boastful. I'm bringing you back down to earth by telling you that you aren't special for completing it. Why does everything have to be literal for you all to understand a point?
    Well that's the whole point of the Champion boss. You have to be good to get through it. I'm saying that if you're not good enough to beat the Champion, the rest of Act 6 might be a little too hard for you.

Bringing me "back down to earth". Yeah, okay. I've never said I was special for completing it. I just said that if you can't complete it, it might be because of your skill.

And to answer your question, literal is blunt and straight-forward. It's efficient.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    As a ftp I'm really good I'm Cav but i have no intention of going to do Act 6.2. It's not even the Champion Boss that's holding me back it's the rewards for it are so lame. Variant rewards are better and more fun to play.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Let's focus on the discussion, people. Don't want to unnecessarily push the mods to close this thread.
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36

Telling people to get better is bragging. You don't have to literally say I'm bragging to be boastful. I'm bringing you back down to earth by telling you that you aren't special for completing it. Why does everything have to be literal for you all to understand a point?
    Well that's the whole point of the Champion boss. You have to be good to get through it. I'm saying that if you're not good enough to beat the Champion, the rest of Act 6 might be a little too hard for you.

Bringing me "back down to earth". Yeah, okay. I've never said I was special for completing it. I just said that if you can't complete it, it might be because of your skill.

And to answer your question, literal is blunt and straight-forward. It's efficient.
    Complelty agree with you. People telling you you are bragging are the same ones who cannot beat the fight, and need to practice and strategise to get around it. I dueled the champion every day up until I attempted him for the second time, having failed miserably and being forced to back out on my first.

Honestly the champion fight is a hard fight and it is meant to be a roadblock for many players. I did this 8 times tho and I'm not that skilled a player.

You have got to learn how to play this fight instead of just asking for it to he nerfed. For example, the sp1 dex method trick is a load of rubbish imo and doesn't work a lot of the time. So instead if found an alternative, doing the same trick on the sp2, which worked almost everytime.

I did the final 10% with various champions, from cap iw to stealth spiderman and even a 6* r1 Loki.
    I'm not bragging here or anything, like I said I'm not that skilled. People complaining here about it being too hard will struggle with the rest of act 6 and are not ready for it.

That being said there are two changes I would propose:

1- get rid of no retreat. I was lucky I had the specific counter but I acknowledge many do not and it's way too hard otherwise.

2- more charges, but they persist fight to fight. Taking off five charges across multiple fights is far too easy. What I propose is allowing the charges taken off to persist from fight to fight, but increasing them to maybe 10-15 in number. That would still be easier but would exhibit some form of difficulty in the final phase.

That being said people begging for the fight to be nerfed because they can't do it are straight up wrong. Plenty of us have done it beforehand and many of us have even explored it. At this point a major change which significantly decreases the difficulty of the fight would be massively unfair

Exactly. The Champion Boss is a gate that tests your skill to see if you're ready for the rest of Act 6. If you lower the difficulty drastically, then it'll ultimately lead people to complain about the rest of Act 6 being too difficult, since those who wouldn't normally be prepared for the Champion Boss would be able to breeze through it. but maybe not the bosses in 6.3 or 6.4.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    Remove all the nodes
    Ebony_Naw said:

Hieitaku said:

I'm sure a lot of people have an opinion on this and, like many other people as well, I'm interested to hear what others have to say on the matter.

As with other opinion-based discussions, please keep the discussion constructive and respectful.

I'm currently stuck at this quest, by the way.

I'm very much in the camp that his attack rating needs to go down a lot. The biggest issue with using most champs is that they're dead before you get the charges down, even if you play it well and don't get hit. Some of the nodes are also pretty garbage and I think they should all probably be removed or adjusted, but I would settle for spite and no retreat being removed.

I don't want the charges removed. I haven't finished exploration, but I don't mind the added skill required. I think the real problem would be solved if you knew your champ could take a few hits to the block.
    The attack rating and nodes are really the only things making this fight unpleasant. If you lower the attack rating a little bit and just remove Spite and NR, then the boss is fine. It's just skill-based.

Bawa69 said:

the persistant charges removal mechanic (charges removed by dexing specials moves from fight to fight) looks great on paper but then it poses a different problem...remember you also gain a prowess each time you dex a special and reduce the indestructible charge...which allows you to use one sp 3 and get the last 10% down immediately....now unless you get in a mechanism where the prowess gained also carries over to a different champ something like mr fantastics cross fight ability this wont work too well

Agreed but to build off of that...if you cannot get them all done in one fight. You only get the prowesses from the charges you removed in that fight. If a special 3 doesn’t kill him, then at least the charges are removed and you can do normal damage then.
    But then like jammy said, you would have to increase the number of charges that you would have to remove.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    so who is best counter against champ with enabled no retreat node?
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    edited May 2020
    The last 10% with 5 indestructible are the bigger problem for most players, I think is simple, perfect block boosts. You can purchase a perfect block boosts with 1 time or even 2time guarantee 0% damage perfect block, which helpful enough if kabam want to fix it.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Remove all nodes + max 3 charges of indestructible

Regardless you're going to lose this fight. I called Kabam out 10 months ago about the Champion boss and said they will be forced to change it and they will. So all the talk of "get better", or this proves that you can't finish the rest of act 6 doesn't matter at all.

Also literal means "taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory." What I said makes complete sense so making up stuff doesn't work when you can take 2 secs to google.

Complelty agree with you. People telling you you are bragging are the same ones who cannot beat the fight, and need to practice and strategise to get around it. I dueled the champion every day up until I attempted him for the second time, having failed miserably and being forced to back out on my first.
    I beat the fight 100%. I have the same in game name as my profile with a R3 6* Aegon that I got from beating act 6 and I'm not a whale. I beat the fight in January so it was 5 months ago. Stop making it seem like everyone who is against the fight hasn't beat it. Its far from the truth.

Regardless you're going to lose this fight. I called Kabam out 10 months ago about the Champion boss and said they will be forced to change it and they will. So all the talk of "get better", or this proves that you can't finish the rest of act 6 doesn't matter at all.

Also literal means "taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory." What I said makes complete sense so making up stuff doesn't work when you can take 2 secs to google.
    I never said I didn't want to change anything about the boss. Learn to read.

And is "taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory" blunt and straight-forward? Yes it is, so I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Like Kabam, you have to work on your communication skills.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Honestly, the linked node I even noticed when I was doing it was No Retreat. All the other runs I did during exploration, I did with as many linked nodes up on the Champion as possible so I would have to fight him the least amount of times. I usually had 2-3 nodes on him when I fought him (I think I only fought him 4 or 5 times) and only had trouble with the No Retreat node. That node is absolute BS. Just get rid of it and knock off some of his insane block penetration and the fight will be fine.

I never said I didn't want to change anything about the boss. Learn to read.

And is "taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory" blunt and straight-forward? Yes it is, so I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Like Kabam, you have to work on your communication skills.
    If you don't mind a change than what are you arguing? Whatever change they make is going to make it incredibly easier even if they just change it to 3 charges. So "too easy" is your argument lol. I don't see the point.

You can have the last word. Regardless they're making the change and my point still stands.