**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Nick Fury overrated?

2»

Comments

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I can understand why a newer player would like Killmonger over NF. Killmonger is still a great champ especially with synergies. Nick definitely has a higher risk reward playstyle which can frustrating for some people. To the OP if you are getting the job done with Killmonger and enjoy using him don't worry about it, KM is absolutely a great champ. That said NF is an absolute beast. His damage in LMD is above average and once you lose that his damage is absurd. If they bleed you can get through an opponent really fast.
    Good luck and have fun
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

zeezee57 said:

He also really needs deep wounds

The fact this has 11 disagrees and I'm the only agree is pretty crazy. The amount of damage added by DW is incredible.
    5/5 DW is a 250% damage increase for his light attack bleeds, not considering his own abilities.

Deep wounda is huge for him.
    All deep wounds does is add 2.5 secs to his bleeds meaning 5 more ticks but does it really matter with 1 or 2 internal bleeds, 10+ tactical charges, and 4 light combos?
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    One of my favorite champs in game, especially in AW. Die and mess up? 2nd life activated and massive damage so you can finish the fight without a death. Also boosts all hero’s attack 10%, not much but just another added bonus
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Before the death he’s just ok. Good bleed damage by ending the combo with a light. He can also counter evasion and missed hits before the death, but it takes a longer gearing.
    After death, he’s a beast. Totally. And you can even play an entire map with 30% health, easily. A few intercepts at the beginning, and after the 2nd S1 you play in easy mode.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    There are a lot of champs that get over hyped and a bunch that are underated because they require awakening. But as someone who has the luxury of test driving them all i don't pay much attention to the hype. I have the good fortune to have all of the champs from 2015-2019 and a couple from this year as 4s.
    Most of the hype is centered around champs that don't need awakening (which is difficult once you hit the higher tiers, because the 5s rarely dupe) which makes them more useful from the git-go...however, my experience has shown me that some of the overlooked champs are more fun to play and do (for the most part) anything i need them to do once they have been duped.
    I still play a lot of the material with what most would consider basic champs...thor, hulk, scarlet witch, archangel...
    They do a fine job...but they also have 99 signatures...and i never run a team or squad without synergy and signatures. Some are looking for stand alone heavy hitters and with his bleed, fury, recovery and unblockability...fury fits that bill.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020

Savage said:

zeezee57 said:

The fact this has 11 disagrees and I'm the only agree is pretty crazy. The amount of damage added by DW is incredible.
    5/5 DW is a 250% damage increase for his light attack bleeds, not considering his own abilities.

All deep wounds does is add 2.5 secs to his bleeds meaning 5 more ticks but does it really matter with 1 or 2 internal bleeds, 10+ tactical charges, and 4 light combos?
    Yes. Again, those 2,5 seconds equal a +250% increase in overall damage for his otherwise 1 second bleed.

With an internal bleed every tactical charge provides 0,2 seconds. Considering the amount of set-up this requires and considering how you can still utilize his bleed duration increase via tactical charges with 5/5 DW, I'd say it's hella worth it.

In short to medium length fights I don't use his internal bleeds at all. Simply doing m-l-l-l-l combos with 5/5 DW melts opponents too fast and too efficiently to warrant all the set:-up to utilize his tactical charges imo.
    I don't think that's how the math works in this case. 250% would imply he would be ticking in the 20k+ range. The Longer bleeds wouldn't exactly mean greater damage cause you can just stack multiple of the debuff
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Savage said:

Savage said:

zeezee57 said:

Yes. Again, those 2,5 seconds equal a +250% increase in overall damage for his otherwise 1 second bleed.

With an internal bleed every tactical charge provides 0,2 seconds. Considering the amount of set-up this requires and considering how you can still utilize his bleed duration increase via tactical charges with 5/5 DW, I'd say it's hella worth it.

In short to medium length fights I don't use his internal bleeds at all. Simply doing m-l-l-l-l combos with 5/5 DW melts opponents too fast and too efficiently to warrant all the set:-up to utilize his tactical charges imo.
    I don't think that's how the math works in this case. 250% would imply he would be ticking in the 20k+ range. The Longer bleeds wouldn't exactly mean greater damage cause you can just stack multiple of the debuff
    Pretty sure that's exactly how it works. The damage per tick doesn't change, so if he's applying let's say a 1 second bleed for a total of 3000 damage then each tick is 1500 damage.

Each point in deep wounds adds 0,5 seconds to the duration bleed effects, so one tick per point.

At 5/5 DW you get 5 additional ticks, in this example 1500 per tick, so a total of 7500 additional damage.

No deep wounds: 3000 damage total
    5/5 deep wounds: 10500 damage total
    Also a great way to make him far more viable in his LMD phase still. Much harder to keep tac charges up without the fury so with max DW you get the longer light bleeds automatically without any setup
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    The fact that you're comparing killmonger as a better attacker says a lot. Kill monger doesn't hit hard AT ALL, he has very average damage output. I have rank 4 5 stars nick, blade and sparky. I've tested nick damage in his second, his damage output is better than blade with his danger sense active against LOL redhulk. Nick did about 800k damage before second enrage kicked in, while blade did about 350K damage ( I don't even have deep wounds yet). Needless to talk about him being stun immune, unblockable, can shrug debuffs off, sweet light bleed damage.