**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

You know I’m not one to complain much about rewards. It’s free stuff.. but this is completely laughable. They even talked about getting rid of the lesser and greater solo crystals. It’s 2020 guys, why are we getting shards of a crystal that none of us even open?

I was expecting this to be just like the regular solo events.

Revives, potion, t3 frags units and at least the 3 and4 star sig.

But wow greater solo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!! The fantastic 4, thor one all had at least units we would look forward to. Smdh

I open them for 2* and 3* awakening gems lol. But they are terrible. No one wants more solo crystals. They put revives in the MODOK store but took them out of the solo quests lol. No units, but at least we will get more 40% experience boosts...
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

The difficulty purely depends on your skill and roster at this event. If it takes you a revive to clear the content at all you should play master. The Modok labs were far more difficult before and this is properly difficult.

No, it purely depends on RNG and the nodes you get, and even if you reroll them they tend to not change, so 2500 gold for 1 reroll randomizer is just more BS. Then, you got each fight being different nodes, and you can get very unlucky for all the fights, and all this work for a cookie crumb.
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★

But how can you justify saying that "you need to build a better roster" when the rewards dont allow that??

You don't need a "good roster" you just need the right one.

Yeah, I used Guilly2099 for the biohazard, but Ultron would work as well.
    Yeah, I used Havok for energy nodes, but Mephisto, Colossus, Night Thrasher could work too.

The point is you don't need good champs. You just need champs with utilities.
    A right roster is a good roster buddy. If you're able to afford the luxury to bring high level champs with right utilities, that's a good roster. No one's saying the quest is hard. We're saying keep it hard but buff the goddamn rewards. If you have a large roster to take care of this, whats 50 6* shards for you?
  • Options

There has been a lot of talk about the difficulty of this side-event.

I personally do not find it all that hard, however I personally am able to bring a team that covers basically anything those random nodes can throw at me.

The issue here is the difficulty in relation to the rewards. When I think back to the time where the high end rewards of the store were relevant to me, I know I wouldn't have nearly as much of an easy time.

To cover the same ground utility wise, most of my team would have been 4/55 or 5/50 champs. That's the issue here. Of the players that do have access to the epic labs, those for whom the rewards are appropriate will have a pretty brutal experience and those who will have an easy time will find almost nothing worthwhile in the rewards.

This is the issue here. Saying "I had an easy time. Just bring a diverse team." apparently didn't think back at how their own roster needed to develope over time.

My roster now is wildly different from when I became a cavalier and even more different from when I became uncollected. This event is highly unbalanced.

I swear to god this is the hardest thing to explain to people. Some people thinking were complaining why **** is difficult. Simple 2 points:

1. If you have a diverse roster that makes Epic easy, the rewards are a joke.
    2. If you, on the contrary need these rewards, then it's gonna be brutal.

We're complaining about difficulty cause the rewards associated with it are actually the ones that make the most difference to us.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

The difficulty purely depends on your skill and roster at this event. If it takes you a revive to clear the content at all you should play master. The Modok labs were far more difficult before and this is properly difficult.

No, it purely depends on RNG and the nodes you get, and even if you reroll them they tend to not change, so 2500 gold for 1 reroll randomizer is just more BS. Then, you got each fight being different nodes, and you can get very unlucky for all the fights, and all this work for a cookie crumb.
    No it doesn't depend on RNG. You have lanes done by class you can get champions who have an advantage with every match. You just don't have the roster, it is what it is.

Now the rewards I agree suck but this isn't the hardest thing if you have anywhere near a top 150 AQ roster.
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    Yea this event just isn't fun and the rewards aren't good enough to make me do it.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

But how can you justify saying that "you need to build a better roster" when the rewards dont allow that??

Yeah, I used Havok for energy nodes, but Mephisto, Colossus, Night Thrasher could work too.

A right roster is a good roster buddy. If you're able to afford the luxury to bring high level champs with right utilities, that's a good roster. No one's saying the quest is hard. We're saying keep it hard but buff the goddamn rewards. If you have a large roster to take care of this, whats 50 6* shards for you?
    Strong sense of entitlement here, I want to echo what's already been said that this is a side event quest and they are extra things on top of the regular monthly event quest. 50 a day for 30 days is 1500 which compared to the 2500 6* from the event quest is about right. 4k shards a month is more than some people have seen for a while. It's quite sickening the attitutdes today over this. This is all free.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    First, because they only have completion rewards and not exploration rewards, does that mean we should only do one pathway and that there's no extra rewards for completing more pathways?

Second, yes I too wish the rewards would be better but over the course of a month, they're not too bad. 50 6* shards a day x 6 days a week = 300 6* shards a week x 4 weeks = 1200 6* shards + the 2500 6* shards from monthly EQ = 3700 6* shards. Not too bad.
    As for 5*, you get 500 a day x 6 days = 3000 a week x 4 weeks = 12000 month plus the 10000 from the EQ.
    Like I said, it could be better but I think its decent.
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    You can get the same amount of 6 and 5 shards in a normal side quest for the last 6 months, more t2a and t5b than normal and an awakening gem. I understand it doesn’t have AoL or 6.3+ type rewards but the side quest never has those. Last month “RNG is unfair” this month “slow shards and choice of rewards suck”.
  • Options
    Odachi said:

Strong sense of entitlement here, I want to echo what's already been said that this is a side event quest and they are extra things on top of the regular monthly event quest. 50 a day for 30 days is 1500 which compared to the 2500 6* from the event quest is about right. 4k shards a month is more than some people have seen for a while. It's quite sickening the attitutdes today over this. This is all free.
    Except UC doesn't pose the same difficulty as this. I was able to farm UC completion much before becoming Cavalier. And right as I was finishing up Act 5, I began reliably farming UC 100%.

And if they're changing their own meta shift to 6*s, they ought to increase the shards given out. The game has always been free. Don't see how that factors in here. But we've gotten much better rewards for it over the past. Keep the difficulty, but increase the rewards. Even the coin store is absolute garbage
  • Options
    SunkaraSunkara Posts: 17
    Where exactly is class use solo event? Which class are we supposed to use today?
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    Odachi said:

Imagine being okay with it taking 3 months worth of rewards to get a single 6*...It doesn't matter if its been worse in the past, the point is this still isn't good enough.
  • Options
    rishisairishisai Posts: 56
    Realistically, can the modok quest be cleared with team rating 28000?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

_ASDF_ said:

Odachi said:

It’s not free. It takes time. It takes A LOT of time to complete the monthly EQs and to some of us we find our time is valuable. Thus the rewards don’t meet it. Getting 15% of the way to a 6* that is 90% likely to be unusable anywhere other than arena does in no way constitute a reward for any effort. If that was given daily just for logging in, that would be worth the effort.
    So you just want things for 0 effort, thats not how things work in this game. Might as well give us 6* hitmonkey and tigra in the login calender with that kind of logic, probably still be people complaining though.
    That's basically what people want yes. I don't think most of them understand how games like this work either. The faster we keep getting more and more, the faster the current top tier (6*s) will be replaced by the next (7*s). If you're complaining about your 6* roster now, how do you think it's gonna be when 7*s show up and you've barely put together a decent 6* roster yet?
  • Options
    rishisai said:

Realistically, can the modok quest be cleared with team rating 28000?

Absolutely. There's always units to help you finish it.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Odachi said:

_ASDF_ said:

Odachi said:

It’s not free. It takes time. It takes A LOT of time to complete the monthly EQs and to some of us we find our time is valuable. Thus the rewards don’t meet it. Getting 15% of the way to a 6* that is 90% likely to be unusable anywhere other than arena does in no way constitute a reward for any effort. If that was given daily just for logging in, that would be worth the effort.
    So you just want things for 0 effort, thats not how things work in this game. Might as well give us 6* hitmonkey and tigra in the login calender with that kind of logic, probably still be people complaining though.
    Not what they said at all. I know strawmen are a lot easier to attack than actual people, but there's a reason why those are considered intellectually dishonest.

Read. Comprehend. Reply.

Repeat the first 2 steps as often as nessecary before moving to the third step.
    For someone who commented themselves as 'speechless' not long ago I've comprehended that you infact aren't. How can someone who states that they want the rewards from doing the modok event as calender rewards not be interprested a 0 effort. Ok, albeit the effort to pick up your phone, swipe to the app, tap the mcoc icon. Phew getting out of breath doing just that but oh look, shards. Might as well go back to the forums and demand something else.
  • Options
    JCristianos09JCristianos09 Posts: 11
    Another event to stress out... damn, May was a GREAT month! Can Kabam make June similar???
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@Odachi spending 30 minutes doing this event for almost nothing every day can be very tiring ya dingus

Took me way less than 10min to stroll through a path earlier.
  • Options
    EzziedogEzziedog Posts: 3
    This event is awful, you go against 2x the champs that are 4x harder compared to the May event quest. All for a combined 14k 5* shards and 1400 6* shards, really? This event is a joke, not even worth the time to complete for those lousy rewards.
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    edited June 2020

Another event to stress out... damn, May was a GREAT month! Can Kabam make June similar???

This is the exact problem with the MCOC player base. Absolutely nothing Kabam does is going to make everyone happy. You said May was great. But tons of posts complaining about the rifts were posted daily.
    Zaybe said:

MCOC Team said:

Ever since M.O.D.O.K. established his Hotel, he’s been working tirelessly on his experimental Champions. But the Hotel is no place for his creations to live, so he’s been sending them off to a secret secluded island to run free.

Now the time has come for M.O.D.O.K. to harvest the fruits of his labor, and it’s up to the Summoner to drop in and collect some samples for M.O.D.O.K. to study!

Collect Samples and get Gold Coins!

Every day, you’ll receive a Sample Collector from a Special Log In Calendar and use them to enter Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K. Quests! Choose one of 6 class related paths, each with 6 fights (plus the Boss). Complete the Quest, to earn Crystal Shards, Gold, and special Gold Coins that can be spent in the M.O.D.O.K. Hotel Store!

These Quests feature no energy costs, and you can use multiple Sample Collectors to enter it as many times as you want, though you only get one per day. This means that you can do all Quests for the month in one day, as long as you log in and collect the Sample Collector every day.

Like past “Lab” events, each of the fights will draw a pool of 1-3 randomized buffs (based on the difficulty). You can use a Buff Randomizer item (available in the store) to change the set of Buffs. If there is a particular Buff that you think could be trouble, you can use a brand new Buff Deleter to remove it. Don’t be too hasty to remove a Buff though! Buff Deleters can only be purchased for Gold Coins in the M.O.D.O.K. Hotel Store.

Remember to update to version 27.2 before 4 pm PT on June 2nd to ensure you do not miss out on the first day of the Sample Collector Calendar!

Rewards

For each Quest completion, you will earn:

Class Use Solo Events

Doctor M.O.D.O.K. challenges you to use certain classes on certain days. Win fights with a specific Champion of the day to earn bonus points, and earn even more points by using the class of the day in the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K. quests! There won’t be any Rank Rewards, but you’ll earn more Gold Coins to spend in the Hotel M.O.D.O.K. Store by completing the Milestones!

M.O.D.O.K. needs his beauty sleep and will not provide a Class Use event on Sundays.

M.O.D.O.K. Contracts

13 Special Objectives will appear at random times throughout the month! Complete these “Contracts” by finding and defeating the Champions listed on the Special Objective, and collect even more Gold Coins as a reward. These could appear at any time, so keep an eye on your Special Objectives!

Hotel M.O.D.O.K. Store

Similar to the Squirrel Store, you’ll be able to select the rewards you would like to purchase. However, this time, you will not be able to purchase everything in the Store! There will be 3024 Gold Coins available throughout the event (completing Epic Difficulty of the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K. every time, and the Veteran Solo Events), so choose wisely!

Remember! This event starts on June 3rd! Make sure you update to version 27.1 before 4 pm PT on June 2ndto ensure you do not miss out on the first day of the Sample Collector Calendar!
    Waste of time and effort why would we do this quest if we can get more rewards for an AW victory...This game going Totally in a wrong direction this needs to be stop I don't think any of the uncollected player will be able to clear the epic and even one clears it the rewards are worst like you get just one 5* by doing this quest regularly and you might end up in duping your 5* Cyclops that has no use in this game currently,,, look at the difficulty compared to the rewards playing against 30k + defenders with some active buffs are we a joke to you? Side quests needs to be a quest that can play every player and benefits all players equally and can be done in less time, Keep these 5* and 6* shards and play this quest with your developers we are not playing this,, players are already burned out of this game and this moment you're adding such a terrible quest with literally no rewards at all
    Because it takes 10 minutes? And in 2 days, which is how long AW takes, you’d get basically the same as a war. Not to mention the 4 t2a, 33% t5b, and awakening gem you can get.
    A side quest at the highest difficulty isn’t supposed to be something that benefits every player in the game equally. Should a level 10 player be able to benefit from a side quest the same as a level 60?
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Heads up. The gold coins from the solo veteran event quickly adds up to app. 28-29% of the total amount available (36per day, 216 in a week and 864 in four weeks).