**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you agree that many champions are losing their importance and need to be buffed?

2»

Comments

• CaptainsShield29CaptainsShield29 Posts: 26
    Yes
    Champions like deadpool, manthing and doctor strange also need buffing
  • FlashSpideyFlashSpidey Posts: 107
    Yes
    I agree that there needs to be buffs to bad characters but I think Kabam needs to be careful with the buffs and that is why they hesitate so much. If they make too many characters too good, people will get mad. What do I mean? Imagine if your Ægon you invested hundreds of sig stones, iso8, and catalysts into became average. I would love to see some of the bad champions made usable but not too good. I think true balance would just make more people mad. However, I do hope Kabam at least takes everyone considered bad who we would rank in d, e, and f tier and makes them above those tiers. I hope every character can be useful in some way and no one is terrible. Maybe even take c tier and buff them into b tier.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

How do you put Sentinel and Captain America in the same category?

Sentinel is a massively adaptable double-immune tank who wrecks two out of four Variants and is clearly useable well into Act 6.

Cap is a guy who is good at blocking, and inflicts the game's least useful debuff so his opponents can heal up on Willpower.

Cap needs a buff, but Sentinel? Hardly.

I totally agree about sentinel because i myself use a maxed out 4* sentinel in my mains, but many champions including sentinel deserve to be more important in the contest. Just look at its sp1, not very strong.
    Sentinel needs a buff? Lmao. Also, Dr Doom has a sp1 with poor damage but no one says he should be buffed.
    Yes

I agree that there needs to be buffs to bad characters but I think Kabam needs to be careful with the buffs and that is why they hesitate so much. If they make too many characters too good, people will get mad. What do I mean? Imagine if your Ægon you invested hundreds of sig stones, iso8, and catalysts into became average. I would love to see some of the bad champions made usable but not too good. I think true balance would just make more people mad. However, I do hope Kabam at least takes everyone considered bad who we would rank in d, e, and f tier and makes them above those tiers. I hope every character can be useful in some way and no one is terrible. Maybe even take c tier and buff them into b tier.

well said
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Yes
    I think some champs such as OG Cap, OG Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Dr Strange, Groot, Punisher 2099, Cyclops ect... could definitely use a buff.
  • Casal_TCasal_T Posts: 63
    Either buff them or quit putting those trash cans in the 6* crystals. Nobody wants to grind for months to get enough shards for a 6* and then pull Ironman. Happened on my sons acct. He quit.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

How do you put Sentinel and Captain America in the same category?

Sentinel is a massively adaptable double-immune tank who wrecks two out of four Variants and is clearly useable well into Act 6.

Cap is a guy who is good at blocking, and inflicts the game's least useful debuff so his opponents can heal up on Willpower.

Cap needs a buff, but Sentinel? Hardly.

I totally agree about sentinel because i myself use a maxed out 4* sentinel in my mains, but many champions including sentinel deserve to be more important in the contest. Just look at its sp1, not very strong.
    I’ve had Sentinel at 5/65 for quite a while, and that sp1 has awesome utility. That champ is a beast, and is very much still relevant in today’s game.
  • berlioberlio Posts: 21
    There are too many old champions that need a buff. It is necessary a long time. Since this ia a game that is about marvel I suggest to buff first the character that are important in the marvel universe like the real cap america ( Cap IW is a fake one) spider man (stark is a fake one), iron man, magneto, daredevil, doctor strange, hulk, black panther, regarding wolverine it absurd there is only a 4* version. Probably I forget other characters. In any case without that characters marvel did not exist and this game probably had another name. It is a bit curious that the strongest characters in this game are insignificant in the marvel universe apart from Dr Doom and Namor
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    No
    A small amount of champs yes, but not many. If too many 'older' champs got a buff then it would make the 'newer' characters less relevant. What is the point in that. You'll be going around in circles.

I could use 1 hand to name the characters I'd personally like to get buffed, but that would probably take Kabam 4-5 years to get through with the current pace of re-works. HA
    Yes
    Casal_T said:

Either buff them or quit putting those trash cans in the 6* crystals. Nobody wants to grind for months to get enough shards for a 6* and then pull Ironman. Happened on my sons acct. He quit.

lol that's sad
    Yes

A small amount of champs yes, but not many. If too many 'older' champs got a buff then it would make the 'newer' characters less relevant. What is the point in that. You'll be going around in circles.

I could use 1 hand to name the characters I'd personally like to get buffed, but that would probably take Kabam 4-5 years to get through with the current pace of re-works. HA

that's not exactly true. New champions like man thing hardly made any change to the game!
    Yes
    Casal_T said:

I totally agree with you. I am uncollected right now and have 5000 6star shards and wont want a iron man after such a long time. Also I remember my first 5 star, which was as bad as poop ie. daredevil. next was massacre, then storm and after 6-7 crystals I finally got a 5 star Corvus Glaive.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Yes
    I agree with the post but not the champions you mention, Captain America (Classic) excepted.

Sentinel is still one of the best Tech Champions in the game. He has good immunities, power saving, two easy access DoT, unstoppable heavies, regen, armour up, armour break, heal block, really high crit resistance, good damage. He also has an entire Quest made in his honour (V3) and he’s fantastic in V2 as well. He’s perfect for selective Timestream nodes. Still an excellent R5 option.

Massacre is not Sentinel, but he has high block proficiency, wonderful synergy with despair mastery, cheeses Invade, two different DoT, refreshable incinerates and this is all ignoring his insane synergies with Rulk and Domino, and Gwenpool. Definitely R4 worthy on his own,
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    Yes
    You initiated the poll wrong. Why the hell does sentinel and capiw need a buff. You should be asking do all of the old champs like OG cap, hawkeye, capww2 , joe fixit ...etc the meme champs need a buff or not. The answer to that is -- Freakin Yes !!!
    Yes
    Guys why the hell dont you understand! sentinel was a bad example! we need to talk about rest of the champions
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    No

Guys why the hell dont you understand! sentinel was a bad example! we need to talk about rest of the champions

we “don’t understand” because you say sentinel was a bad example then list other examples that are fine! I’m looking at you, Man thing
    Yes

we “don’t understand” because you say sentinel was a bad example then list other examples that are fine! I’m looking at you, Man thing
    I did say man thing later
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    No

I did say man thing later
    I know, he doesn’t need a buff either
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Yes
    man-thing definitely does not need a buff. He's perfectly fine. Watch Brian Grant's videos on him