**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do 5* and 6* dupes give the same amount of iso as 4*???

2»

Comments

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Can anyone besides the unholy trio of kabam worshippers (you know who you are) give a viable reason why 5 and 6 star dupes shouldn't give more ISO than 4 stars? It scales up from 2 to 4, so why does it stop scaling at 4?

Welp one of them showed up where are the others
    I’m not pro-Kabam nor am I anti-Kabam. What I am is pro-facts, pro-thought, pro-understanding, pro-opened minded, pro-reason, anti-ignorance, anti-dogma, anti-illogic, anti-bias, and anti-mindless outrage for the sake of outrage.
    The fact that you knew I was talking about you lol and everyone says they are probably fact and logic.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

They really should update how much ISO you get and how many shards you get on dupes.

Kabam is always way behind in all this--unless of course you want to buy Cavs, then they don't care about game economy.

I missed an opportunity with the chart that I shall now take my liberties with.

1) Your chart is outdated. Here is a more up to date one. Ya’ll are welcome.

2) Taking a 5* to it’s max is ~146 t5 class iso or ~331 off class iso.
    Taking a 6* to it’s max is ~140 t5 class Iso or 297 off class iso.
    That’s at least 7.3 and at most 16.5 dupes to fully max a 5. At least 7 and at most 14.9 dupes to fully max a 6.

3) The facts are, when using dupes as a measure, it takes less dupes to level up a champion than it does to open one. And those dupes carry over from the previous rarities (star levels).
    FRITO_Man said:

Can anyone besides the unholy trio of kabam worshippers (you know who you are) give a viable reason why 5 and 6 star dupes shouldn't give more ISO than 4 stars? It scales up from 2 to 4, so why does it stop scaling at 4?

I’m not pro-Kabam nor am I anti-Kabam. What I am is pro-facts, pro-thought, pro-understanding, pro-opened minded, pro-reason, anti-ignorance, anti-dogma, anti-illogic, anti-bias, and anti-mindless outrage for the sake of outrage.
    CoatHang3r I know where you are coming from since ISO shouldn't just be freely handed out. It would crash the game economy. However, you are in a very good AQ and AW alliance(Re!ax), where shards are flowing in all the time. your perspective might be different than a player behind the UC gate and that's fine. However, your statements only can apply to you yourself since not everyone is at your level
    Shards don’t come from AQ and up until last season we were a gold 1 alliance with a largely losing record, there a season we went 0-12. My shards mostly come from where everyone else’s do, quests and arenas.

Yeah not everyone is at my level but at one time or another I was at most everyone else’s level; and my level is ridiculous anyways so even a fraction of it would be sustainable. People will get there, but they get out what they put in.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

The fact that you knew I was talking about you lol and everyone says they are probably fact and logic.
    I was the only one with a dissenting take on the OP, you could only be talking about me. The fact I knew this can be attributed to a minimal amount of brain cells.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    It's the "economy" - rich get richer etc. /s

It really should scale, given rank up costs and iso amounts scale well beyond the ISo provided. And it doesn't have to be a scale that breaks the fabled economy. We should be getting at least twice as much IS) for duping a 6*.

I'd actually take less ISO duping a 4* to make duping 5s and 6s more logical.

Currently it's 2* dupe = 2x crappy iso (can't recall is it tier 3 iso?), 3* dupe = 2 x tier 5 iso, 4* dupe = 24x tier 5 iso = 5 & 6* dupes.

Something like this would make more sense:

1* dupe = 2 x tier 2/tier 3 ISO
    2* dupe = 2 x tier 3 and 2 x tier 4 ISO
    3* dupe = 2 x tier 4 and 2 x tier 5 ISO
    4* dupe = 16 x tier 5 ISO
    5* dupe = 24 x tier 5 ISO
    6* dupe = 48 x tier 5 ISO

The last level of duping is so rare, it would in no way break any economy. But it would go a hell of a way to easing the disappointment of getting 20 more sig levels on 6* Loki. It can take 4 times as long to gain shards for a 6* than a 5* so why not give twice the ISO?

Like every resource in the game Kabam can tweak the meta...when 4s came out they were the top and gave the most iso..now 6s are - the iso should reflect the effort needed to acquire AND rank them up. Tweak the entire scale if needs be but make it logical. Reduce what you get for duping 4s but increase what you get for 6s.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

1) Your chart is outdated. Here is a more up to date one. Ya’ll are welcome.

2) Taking a 5* to it’s max is ~146 t5 class iso or ~331 off class iso.
    Taking a 6* to it’s max is ~140 t5 class Iso or 297 off class iso.
    That’s at least 7.3 and at most 16.5 dupes to fully max a 5. At least 7 and at most 14.9 dupes to fully max a 6.

The most glaring flaw in your argument is that you're comparing maxing a 5* to carrying a 6* to rank 2. That negates so much of what you tried to say there.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★

Making lives difficult is the motto. There is no logic to giving less iso for higher rarity especially considering the ridiculous amount of iso you need just to level up a champ. You actually earn next to nothing for duping a 6*. The least they could do is give additional 6* shards for a dupe lol. The Kabam knights will disagree with you if you say the sun is yellow, but Kabam says the sun is blue.

If they do what they did when 6* come out I think they gave 6* shards for every 5* you duped thru crystals(not entirely sure seeing as it didn’t affect me at the time)
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    edited June 2020

I agree with you 100%... in fact you may have given me a future video idea lol thanks! There are many aspects of this game that need to be changed for sure, but hopefully kabam will mention some of these things in their upcoming roadmap. Either way honestly I had to respond to this just to commend you on the unholy trio of kabam worshippers part....🤣🤣🤣... Genius! Enjoy your day and stay safe.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★

Have to say the 'logic' behind it is spot on. The higher the champ dupe, the higher the amount of ISO, makes perfect sense.

But as someone said earlier, once you are up to having plenty of 5*'s and some 6*'s, you'll open plenty of duped 4*'s and that is where the ISO you need comes in. I have never run out of ISO needed for upgrades. In fact I often end up having to sell it to get extra gold.

Those 4* you have won't matter, as you won't be doing content to get 4* champs. Like atm the value master eq rewards would give you is insignificant, if you completed act 6, and you will probably want to start exploring act 6 instead of wasting time to get one more 4* champ.
    Plus, iso expires. The best thing one can do atm to have iso when he needs it is to hoard crystals. But hoarding is bad, lol
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I was the only one with a dissenting take on the OP, you could only be talking about me. The fact I knew this can be attributed to a minimal amount of brain cells.
    You do have very few to spare I suppose
  • Options
    XrossBonesXrossBones Posts: 14
    Because of this BS, I get 4-star incursion crystals instead of 5 star. Just do get triple the amount of ISO
  • Options
    Neffa45Neffa45 Posts: 22
    Coathanger actually read your post asking for the pro Kabam comment crew to NOT show up and derail your thread and he showed up in like 2 posts derailing it LOL.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Gold is already a
    Neffa45 said:

Coathanger actually read your post asking for the pro Kabam comment crew to NOT show up and derail your thread and he showed up in like 2 posts derailing it LOL.

Yeah, but grounded wisdom and demonfyre haven't been seen, so there's that.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Any kabam reps want to provide an answer to this?
    This question was directed at you. No? Why am I not surprised. I guess that commitment to better communication with the player base was subjective.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

Any kabam reps want to provide an answer to this?
    This question was directed at you. No? Why am I not surprised. I guess that commitment to better communication with the player base was subjective.

It would appear because there is no good, logical response.