Options

Heavy-handed node

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
So, today I was trying to quake a Doom in war with heavy-handed and power focus. I think at a point in the fight, I blocked a bit and he threw his heavy. In the middle of his heavy, her "earthquake" kicked in and he got stunned, but the unstoppable icon didn't go away! I thought "maybe it's a glitch and it's not actually there" then towards the end, I dropped my heavy to try to close out the fight, but he was still unstoppable! I tried to push him back because he was in the middle of a stun, but since I was quaking, I was obviously in the corner, and since he was unstoppable, that was not an option. Threw my special, no effect, then he threw his special because of power focus, and she died! Then I had to spend unnecessary items. Like seriously, what a stupid bug! Heavy-handed definitely isn't supposed to persist after a heavy attack under any conditions, and nowhere I'm Doom's abilities is it stated otherwise.
But you guys understand what I'm saying right?
And generally, I noticed a problem with concussions nowadays. They're supposed to reduce ability accuracy, but on nodes like heavy-handed, it's almost as if the unstoppable expiring is considered an ability towards this effect, which is definitely not supposed to be.

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,776 Guardian
    Interesting.
    If a defender in the process of Heavy Handed Heavy Attack is Quake-Stunned in the middle (or other timer stunned I guess by like YJ), does opponent continue to be Unstoppable forever because he never got to finish his Heavy ?

Or is the Heavy just paused, and so once Stun is totally done some seconds later does he then continue to finish his Heavy (being Unstoppable that whole time until the Heavy is finished).

Is that the same for timer-stuns against an opponent in the middle of their SP 1/2 also (SP continues once stun wears off) ? That would look strange. (just not SP3 because those are basically a “frozen time” single moment)

I would think that a stun in the middle of any of those should “abort” the rest of the Heavy or SP 1/2.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    This is probably a bug and should get looked at within the near future
  • Options
    Terribol0512Terribol0512 Posts: 16
    did you try baiting another heavy?
  • Options

did you try baiting another heavy?

Nope, I was dead by then lol
  • Options

Interesting.
    If a defender in the process of Heavy Handed Heavy Attack is Quake-Stunned in the middle (or other timer stunned I guess by like YJ), does opponent continue to be Unstoppable forever because he never got to finish his Heavy ?

Or is the Heavy just paused, and so once Stun is totally done some seconds later does he then continue to finish his Heavy (being Unstoppable that whole time until the Heavy is finished).

Is that the same for timer-stuns against an opponent in the middle of their SP 1/2 also (SP continues once stun wears off) ? That would look strange. (just not SP3 because those are basically a “frozen time” single moment)

I would think that a stun in the middle of any of those should “abort” the rest of the Heavy or SP 1/2.

Yup, it did stick around for literally the rest of the fight!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,776 Guardian
    @Kill_Grey4112 did you happen to remember if the paused Heavy continued to finish after the stun wore off ?

I don’t think it would have been Concussion reducing accuracy of Unstoppable wearing off (that wouldn’t be an ability). If anything it maybe should have prevented Unstoppable in the first place (?) But anyways...

But if Heavy actually ended early (and not just paused) upon a stun, the triggering code for Unstoppable ending might not have ever been processed, so might continue to stay in Unstoppable mode until the next time he was able to do (and finish) a Heavy.

If so, definitely a BUG.