**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Havoc vs HT aq map 5 second mini boss

Can someone please explain how to take down second mini boss HT ( aq map 5 )

Being incinerate immune , I still lost health due to those passive nova flames , how to avoid that ?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you’re incinerate immune I’m pretty sure he has to reach the special 3 for nova flames unless there’s something I’m missing
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Havoc deals energy damage on his basic attacks, which give HT smolders. Therefore there is a chance for him to apply nova flames when struck, and when in the right mode.

Havoc is not immune to energy damage. You can read that in his abilities. Nova flames are also not incinerate effects
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    In AQ HT has a node that lets him turn into nova form for awhile when he accumulates 7 smoulders.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You can still use void, you just have to make sure you don't use your sp1 and 2 too often cause they will increase HT smoulder count. Once void can land 2 petrifies on HT you can dex with no problems.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    My answer has always been quake. Never fails.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Yeah don't use anyone who does energy damage. It will give him smoulders
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Guys in my bg use Void. I don't have Void so I use Warlock. Tried Ægon, but that doesn't work on the second mini. I have mine ramped up over 150 by then so all the true accuracy buffs means he's popping 15% regen ever 7 seconds. Even after 130 hit timeout he was still al 85% health.
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    So who deals physical damage and heal blocks ? Anyone try Og vision sp2 ?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

In AQ HT has a node that lets him turn into nova form for awhile when he accumulates 7 smoulders.

If that’s the case it’s because havok has energy attacks which give smoulders
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Havok rinses that fight! At first play normally and immediately he gets to 7 smoulders, immediately change your style. Yes havok has energy damage, but his mediums are noncontact hits as well. Since he's incinerate immune, you don't have to worry about that, but the novas are a cause for concern. Even with havok's energy resistance they still do a ton of damage. But they're easily unavoidable. All of HT's attacks are energy damage, so blocking gives havok plasma charges, also they deal like half damage because of his energy resistance. Like I said, 7 smoulders, stick to double medium. You can hit into his block as much as you want since HT doesn't apply incinerates or novas from blocking. Throw your heavies like there's no tomorrow and concert those plasmas to prowesses! Doing so also places that nice feedback which does a great amount of damage. Once he gets to about 50% health, throw your SP 3 and he's pretty much guaranteed to be dead if you timed it right! For the second mini you can block HT's basic attacks and his specials, that's to avoid triggering buffet. If you have despair, then you don't even need to worry about it. I don't have despair, but I use my 4/55 unduped havok to solo both HT's all the time! He only loses about 40% health total, and that's because I get hit by his SP 1 a lot!
    BTW, don't mistakenly throw a light attack into him when he goes Nova. Havok's mediums and his heavies are noncontact, so no punishment for throwing those.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Havok is definitely one of the top 3 options for that HT.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I usee Aegon.