**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When do maps reset items?

pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
I am working towards exploring act 4 and trying to target revives and energy refills in the process. I know the items reset in a specific map each time you complete it, but do the items ever reset in the map besides that?

Can completing other quests reset maps items?

Will they reset after x amount of time?

Or is completing each quest really the only option?

Comments

• Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I’ve seen lv2 revives in the same quest move to another lane. Sometimes they’re not there on the next quest sometimes they are.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian

I’ve seen lv2 revives in the same quest move to another lane. Sometimes they’re not there on the next quest sometimes they are.

That reply is after having completed a quest (beating boss), where items get re-randomized on potential drop nodes.

OP is asking if you don’t complete (boss) a quest, whether they sometimes may change locations or appear/disappear. In general, no.

You can go up to items and grab them, and quit without completing, and that item you just pocketed will not reappear there if you go back in again. But items that had been on different paths will still be there (but not additional items), to be able to do the other partial paths for those other items.

But to re-spawn items and locations again, you will need to finish the quest.

(unless they are Timer-based Quests like Daily quests or Rifts/Labs. When those timers reset they will re-randomize items/opponents for the next time you start them the next “day”)