**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question for all Android Users

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
Hi all,
In october I can get a new phone, I have been asking around how older Iphone models handle the game but am also wondering how Android phones preform across the board. I am currently using a huawei p20 lite. Which is about the most basic of basic phones.
The only reason I would switch to IOS is this game, otherwise I prefer Android a lot more.
What I`d like to know.

Model:
Lag: none/little/often
Average loading times between fights:
How does the phone handle problem fights like Vision Argus/Darkhawk etc:
Some extra info that might be useful for me:

Thank you all a lot!

Comments

• ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    I currently use a huawei p smart and playing the game is varying in its quality. I have to play the game on high performance mode with the inbuilt game booster on in order to have decent gameplay. There is occasional lag. Loading times are fairly long (around 10 to 12 seconds). Fights such as darkhawk, human torch, aarkus mysterio, namor, nova etc. Or any other champion with many particles are extremely painful to play against due to lag. It is for that reason that I haven't really ranked up any of those champions except for defence. I hope this helps. If you need anything else answered just ask
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Hi @ILLUSION8 your phone is nearly identical to mine. Almost have the same Geekbench Specs.
    And I get what you mean. I pulled a 6 star Namor but never use him because the game lags really hard.
    Thank you for your reply. Hoping to also get some answers for some newer phones.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    edited June 2020
    I have heard about some newer android phones from livestreams and YouTube videos. Allegedly the situation doesn't improve too much with the newer android phones. This is often commented on by RichTheMan on youtube
    However other users might have a different experience
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited June 2020
    Model: Galaxy S20 E
    Lag: none/little/often: None so far
    Average loading times between fights: maybe a second, at max 2 second min under a second.
    How does the phone handle problem fights like Vision Argus/Darkhawk etc: never ahd an issue with them.
    Some extra info that might be useful for me: I too am am android guy and always have been. The only issue that I have is that you can switch the frames to be 120 hz or 60 hz. 120hz is amazing amazing quality, but the game is still not ready for that on Android and it causes you to accidentally heavy if you don't quickly tap when attacking. The graphics for both though are fantastic
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Model: Galaxy S20 E
    Lag: none/little/often: None so far
    Average loading times between fights: maybe a second, at max 2 second min under a second.
    How does the phone handle problem fights like Vision Argus/Darkhawk etc: never ahd an issue with them.
    Some extra info that might be useful for me: I too am am android guy and always have been. The only issue that I have is that you can switch the frames to be 120 hz or 60 hz. 120hz is amazing amazing quality, but the game is still not ready for that on Android and it causes you to accidentally heavy if you don't quickly tap when attacking. The graphics for both though are fantastic

Just switched to one plus 7 pro. Very similar experience to @GinjabredMonsta. Maybe 3 secs load and no lag so far. No bezels and big screen are really nice for playing
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I use a LG V50+ and have no issues at all
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Model: galaxy a10e
    Lag: little
    Problem fights aren't much of a problem for me.
    Sometimes when I try to do a light it does a heavy
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Galaxy S7 non lagg. Loading time is good . Overal its good for me
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    LG V60 and zero lag. Average Android load times.
  • PsyDuckPsyDuck Posts: 12
    Huawei mate 20
    Almost no lags. Only in aarkus fight and none another. I woul 10/10 recommend.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Galaxy S7 and no issues.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    S10 5G -
    Lag: Little
    Averaging loading" depends which game mode. Arena takes a lil longer compared to EQ.
    Problem fights: None
    Other info: when phone was new game just blitzes everything but as with most android devices, the occasional reset helps restore that speed again.
    Thnx all for your replies.
    Will check all these phones out.
  • PurceluSPurceluS Posts: 13
    Im useing a huawei mate 20 lite and beside a slow login (10-15sec), im ok with it, i dont have problem with lag in fights. Was always the same and im playing mcoc on android from about 4years. Now if you want to go for a faster load or atempt for Legend title you need IOS and latest phone version
    @PurceluS thnx. I`m not looking for a Legends title. I just want to be able to play the game properly. Someone on my IOS question post told me the Xiaomi Note 8 pro was quite decent. Budget wise that falls more into the catagory I will be looking for instead of some of the 800 euro + phones above. But still nice to know how preformance is compared to the geekbench scores.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    I play often on my Galaxy Note 8 and there are some issues but I don't see any glaring ones in comparison to my iPhone XR.
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    I use the worst android phone called Umidigi One, But it runs mcoc smoothly and perfectly. Only reason i love it is bc of that!
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I went from a Galaxy 7 with very little issue to a Note 9 Plus with no issues at all.
    I find relatively recent Android phones handle MCOC gameplay just fine (no matter who I'm fighting). iPhones of the same year will always be faster than Android due to shorter loading times.
    Aside from Legend titles, the rest comes down to personal preference. I own an iPhone and the latest generation iPad, but I still play on my Note 98% of the time. Good luck!
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I use the worst android phone called Umidigi One, But it runs mcoc smoothly and perfectly. Only reason i love it is bc of that!

can you explain how a $50 2018 android works for this game? From everything I've seen, even recent galaxy models have slow loading times and lag
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Hi all,
    In october I can get a new phone, I have been asking around how older Iphone models handle the game but am also wondering how Android phones preform across the board. I am currently using a huawei p20 lite. Which is about the most basic of basic phones.
    The only reason I would switch to IOS is this game, otherwise I prefer Android a lot more.
    What I`d like to know.

Model:
    Lag: none/little/often
    Average loading times between fights:
    How does the phone handle problem fights like Vision Argus/Darkhawk etc:
    Some extra info that might be useful for me:

Thank you all a lot!

Moto g5 plus running Android 8
    Lag: only in select high graphic fight sequences (specifically Vison Aarkus specials, Thing with Torch synergy with flaming hands; dark hawk in null mode, Doom sp2, Torch sp3)
    Average loading times: 5-8 seconds

I've used this phone to get Cavalier, Elkder's Bane and beat the Champion 6.2.6 and it is a real budget phone - a S $200 amazon exclusive from 2 years ago. I have never reset it which might help lol.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Samsung galaxy S8 and up, you wont have any problems.
    But, if you ever plan to try to get a legend title, no matter what android you will have, your chances are going to be very, but, veeeery low.
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    Focus on choosing a strong chipset. Any model with snapdragon 855 or 865 (even friend's 845s do the work without any issues but i don't see any reason to go that far back) will handle the game great for android. You can find those chipsets on most high end models of pretty much any manufacturer you like. Then depending on your budget and the extra features you wish you can pick and choose. Running on a mi9t pro in the last few months without any issues, even with visually heavy champs like darkhawk/or's death field etc. Load times are around 3-4 secs.
    @Nimor thnx.
    Was looking at the xiaomi note 8 pro myself. Has slightly lower geekbench scores, but comes close.
    Will also look into the model you mentioned.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I use a Lenovo phone and dont ask how handle the vision aarkus and darkhawk its terrible fighting them