**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

so glad all that hard work to get 5 star and 6 star shards just was flushed down the toilet. You are going to compensate for ALL those lost shards for a season because you decided to half everyone war rating AND the rewards thus making them care even less for the war season RIGHT?.

That’s not how it works...
    yes it is, we won the wars to get to a high tier they decided to cut it in half and killed rewards for a FULL season to get back where we were before. No one in the group who earned 900 5 star shards and 60 6 star shards a win will find any use in getting 3 and 4 star shards. They need to compensate because this change of map, the garbage nodes and now rewards getting destroyed? they made war an even bigger waste of time. To a area people were losing interest in already, you just made it worse!.
    No it’s not, war tiers are based on %, so if you were in the top 10% before the 50% cut then you still will be once everyone has received the cut.
    yea except one little thing, those wars we have to fight this season? will cause massive losses in 5 and 6 star shards per win. We are working on 6 stars not 3 and 4 stars sorry. They need to compensate for wasting players time with garbage maps, garbage nodes, and garbage rewards for winning.
    what are you talking about? tiers are not based on your rating, it's based on %. You'll get exactly the same stuff you were getting before, so will everyone else
    Except people will drop fast because of overpowered Matches and that will undoubtedly affect their overall Season score.
    edited July 2020
    My question is, are there any plans to stop Tiers 6 and below from being manipulated and affected, or is the plan to protect the Top 5 by freezing Ratings, benefit only the Top by switching Matchmaking, and boost the Rewards for only the Top?
    I do my best to shy away from saying things are unfair, but this situation is a bit too acute to not point out.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

My question is, are there any plans to stop Tiers 6 and below from being manipulated and affected, or is the plan to protect the Top 5 by freezing Ratings, benefit only the Top by switching Matchmaking, and boost the Rewards for only the Top?
    I do my best to shy away from saying things are unfair, but this situation is a bit too acute to not point out.

How will they be manipulated and affected?

Tanking doesn't just happen in Tiers 1-5. Besides that, Alliances in the Top 5 Tiers jump ship in the off-season, and they can go down to affect anyone in Tier 6 or lower. 50% reduction is not the same as freezing them altogether. The system protects Tiers 1-5 and still leaves the remainder to be affected.
    At this point, it feels like why bother? We might as well just leave Wars to the Top Allies and let them play the entire system because unless you're one of them, you won't benefit or progress from it.

Tanking doesn't just happen in Tiers 1-5. Besides that, Alliances in the Top 5 Tiers jump ship in the off-season, and they can go down to affect anyone in Tier 6 or lower. 50% reduction is not the same as freezing them altogether. The system protects Tiers 1-5 and still leaves the remainder to be affected.
    At this point, it feels like why bother? We might as well just leave Wars to the Top Allies and let them play the entire system because unless you're one of them, you won't benefit or progress from it.
    I don’t understand how? Tier 1 still will match tier 1, and so on. That’s not changing

I don’t understand how? Tier 1 still will match tier 1, and so on. That’s not changing
    That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Actually that just highlights the motivation behind the change. Allies in Tier 1 want to overpower the other Allies who are weaker than them. It's just to cater to their thirst for dominance.
    It has to do with the reasons Prestige was used to begin with. Alliances were manipulating War Rating all over the place, Tanking for example. They were also going lower to peck off other weaker Allies for easy Wins whenever they felt like it. That means War Rating isn't a true measure of skill because people much more skilled are taking advantage of people lower.
    There's currently a freezing of Rating for Tiers 1-5 in the off-season. The problem is there are 15 other Tiers who are not. They can still be affected by the issues I pointed out. Nothing is stopping Allies from bypassing War Rating and pecking them off, which still affects their Season. It's like the only ones who are worth protecting are Tiers 1-5.
    As for Tier 1 still Matching with Tier 1, all that example implies is this Season isn't going to affect the top percentage. They'll just play through like they always do. The people who are overpowered greatly will just spend the season dropping and dropping. Which affects other Alliances under them, and the whole thing is a mess. There's no consolation in going about it like this. It's careless.
    but if an alliance drops war rating and drops a tier, those wins won't mean anything because their multiplier is lower

but if an alliance drops war rating and drops a tier, those wins won't mean anything because their multiplier is lower

They're not doing it during the Season. They're doing it during the off-season.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    cutting the war rating by 50% reduce the gap between top alliance and lower alliance so there is higher chance they will face each other for the first few weeks until the gap increased again.
    so for the coming season, top alliances are going to get easier matchups and better rewards.
    Kabam are wiling to sacrifice everyone else as long as Plat3 and up are happy.

this is going to be the worst season ever
    Carmel1 said:

cutting the war rating by 50% reduce the gap between top alliance and lower alliance so there is higher chance they will face each other for the first few weeks until the gap increased again.
    so for the coming season, top alliances are going to get easier matchups and better rewards.

That's the part that really makes no sense. Cutting it in half for everyone does absolutely nothing because the effect is the same across the board. It's just going to be the same. Grossly mismatched Wars.

Carmel1 said:

That's the part that really makes no sense. Cutting it in half for everyone does absolutely nothing because the effect is the same across the board. It's just going to be the same. Grossly mismatched Wars.
    it's like "half-reset".
    they didn't want to delete the rating completely because then master alliance can face someone in Bronze3.
    by deleting only half of the rating it open the range of available matchups but not completely.
    Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

it's like "half-reset".
    they didn't want to delete the rating completely because then master alliance can face someone in Bronze3.
    by deleting only half of the rating it open the range of available matchups but not completely.
    If the reduction is 50% across the board, everyone is left in the same position they were before. Only half the Rating. Which means the same Matches will occur that would have with 50% more Rating.

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

it's like "half-reset".
    If the reduction is 50% across the board, everyone is left in the same position they were before. Only half the Rating. Which means the same Matches will occur that would have with 50% more Rating.
    no, because matching is not base on your rank\position. it based on your war rating.

i don't know the exact number\formula but let say that the matching system looks to match between two alliances that the difference between their war rating is 200 points.
    if before the 50% deduction war rating was:
    Alliance1 - 3000 points
    Alliance2 - 2900 points
    Alliance3 - 2800 points
    Alliance4 - 2700 points
    Alliance5 - 2600 points
    Alliance6 - 2500 points
    Alliance7 - 2400 points
    Alliance1 can face any alliance that their rating is between 3200 and 2800, meaning Alliance2 and Alliance 3.

After the 50% deduction war rating is:
    Alliance1 - 1500 points
    Alliance2 - 1450 points
    Alliance3 - 1400 points
    Alliance4 - 1350 points
    Alliance5 - 1300 points
    Alliance6 - 1250 points
    Alliance7 - 1200 points
    now Alliance1 can face any alliance that their rating is between 1700 and 1300, meaning Alliance2, Alliance 3, Alliance 4 and Alliance5

They're not doing it during the Season. They're doing it during the off-season.
    ohhhhhhhhhhh are you talking about offseason wars and not season wars? those don't even exist in my mind, that's just vacation time
    Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

it's like "half-reset".
    no, because matching is not base on your rank\position. it based on your war rating.

i don't know the exact number\formula but let say that the matching system looks to match between two alliances that the difference between their war rating is 200 points.
    Alliance1 - 3000 points
    Alliance2 - 2900 points
    Alliance3 - 2800 points
    Alliance4 - 2700 points
    Alliance5 - 2600 points
    Alliance6 - 2500 points
    Alliance7 - 2400 points
    Alliance1 can face any alliance that their rating is between 3200 and 2800, meaning Alliance2 and Alliance 3.

Alliance1 - 1500 points
    Alliance2 - 1450 points
    Alliance3 - 1400 points
    Alliance4 - 1350 points
    Alliance5 - 1300 points
    Alliance6 - 1250 points
    Alliance7 - 1200 points
    now Alliance1 can face any alliance that their rating is between 1700 and 1300, meaning Alliance2, Alliance 3, Alliance 4 and Alliance5
    Only, it's not usually within 200 Points. It's usually about 100 or less, around 50 on average. Nothing has opened up, really. In any case, it's going to be a cluster%$#@. They should have bracketed the Rewards instead of shocking the system. As for people who think they were being held back because lower Allies were Ranking, I'm quite sure it's not going to change anything for them. At most, if they were going to change it, there should have been an adjustment period that wouldn't affect Seasons, where every War counts. All we have now is David and Goliath Matches, but David won't be able to beat the giant.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    The issue is that before David was competing for goliaths rewards and not actually having to fight him, veteran alliances like mine 30m who have a bad run or an alliance breakup find themselves in tier 12 competing for peanuts and almost impossible to climb back out because they are only facing 30m alliances, meanwhile the 12m alliances with their second account were placing higher, this matchmaking change is a bone to the vets who are burning out, because we have been fighting wars with zero deaths, full diversity, for 3* shards And finding it ver very hard to climb out of the rut, someone forgets to place, pretty much lost that war, burning out members, there are going to be a lot of complaints from the 12m alliances that were in gold 1/2 that aren’t going to be able to cut that anymore. As for freezing war ratings off season for everyone, won’t really change the alliance hopping, they do it for the easy wins and shards, then hop back to their top alliance, they don’t really care about the rating for their dummy account. I don’t like it either and wish they could come up with a plan to stop it. It’s just very complicated how to do that
    Speeds80 said:

The issue is that before David was competing for goliaths rewards and not actually having to fight him, veteran alliances like mine 30m who have a bad run or an alliance breakup find themselves in tier 12 competing for peanuts and almost impossible to climb back out because they are only facing 30m alliances, meanwhile the 12m alliances with their second account were placing higher, this matchmaking change is a bone to the vets who are burning out, because we have been fighting wars with zero deaths, full diversity, for 3* shards And finding it ver very hard to climb out of the rut, someone forgets to place, pretty much lost that war, burning out members, there are going to be a lot of complaints from the 12m alliances that were in gold 1/2 that aren’t going to be able to cut that anymore. As for freezing war ratings off season for everyone, won’t really change the alliance hopping, they do it for the easy wins and shards, then hop back to their top alliance, they don’t really care about the rating for their dummy account. I don’t like it either and wish they could come up with a plan to stop it. It’s just very complicated how to do that

So because you couldn't beat Alliances evenly Matched with you, that's the fault of other Alliances winning their own even Matches? Doubtful. Alliances receiving higher Rewards is an issue, one that could have been resolved other ways. Blaming them for your own Losses is another subject entirely, and it certainly doesn't entitle people to overpower them for their own unfair benefit.

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

it's like "half-reset".

Alliance1 - 3000 points
    Alliance2 - 2900 points
    Alliance3 - 2800 points
    Alliance4 - 2700 points
    Alliance5 - 2600 points
    Alliance6 - 2500 points
    Alliance7 - 2400 points

Alliance1 - 1500 points
    Alliance2 - 1450 points
    Alliance3 - 1400 points
    Alliance4 - 1350 points
    Alliance5 - 1300 points
    Alliance6 - 1250 points
    Alliance7 - 1200 points
    Only, it's not usually within 200 Points. It's usually about 100 or less, around 50 on average. Nothing has opened up, really. In any case, it's going to be a cluster%$#@. They should have bracketed the Rewards instead of shocking the system. As for people who think they were being held back because lower Allies were Ranking, I'm quite sure it's not going to change anything for them. At most, if they were going to change it, there should have been an adjustment period that wouldn't affect Seasons, where every War counts. All we have now is David and Goliath Matches, but David won't be able to beat the giant.
    the 200 points and the rating was just an example.
    Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

it's like "half-reset".

Alliance1 - 3000 points
    Alliance2 - 2900 points
    Alliance3 - 2800 points
    Alliance4 - 2700 points
    Alliance5 - 2600 points
    Alliance6 - 2500 points
    Alliance7 - 2400 points

Alliance1 - 1500 points
    Alliance2 - 1450 points
    Alliance3 - 1400 points
    Alliance4 - 1350 points
    Alliance5 - 1300 points
    Alliance6 - 1250 points
    Alliance7 - 1200 points
    the 200 points and the rating was just an example.
    I get that. I'm just not sold on it really making a difference. Either way, it's going to be a Season of people getting hammered.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 803 ★★★★
    But those smaller alliances have also gotten 10 seasons of rewards above their normal means.
    QuikPik said:

But those smaller alliances have also gotten 10 seasons of rewards above their normal means.

Above their normal means? They put the Wars in. Now they're going down to take people out unfairly with their 10 Seasons of higher Rewards.
    People are acting like they just logged on to earn their Rewards and Rating. They fought for it. They just didn't fight Alliances 3x their size who are guaranteed to beat them. That's the whole Ego blow here. Not the Rewards. They don't "belong" there. Now we have a system where the only people making gains are the same few Alliances and no one else will get anywhere. So why bother? If you're going to complain about the Rating of an Alliance as an indicator of what they should get and argue that Prestige shouldn't be used in the same breath, then you're picking and choosing your arguments as far as I'm concerned.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

QuikPik said:

Above their normal means? They put the Wars in. Now they're going down to take people out unfairly with their 10 Seasons of higher Rewards.
    Absolutely above their normal level. Once upon a time you'd keep winning until your war rating got you to where you ought to be, after which it was win some, lose some. If you were skilled, that point would be against bigger alliances. Under the prestige system, you'd keep playing the same lower groups forever and you could keep climbing higher and higher, well past where you ought to be, while other groups in the same tier are beating up on each other. "They put the Wars in" has nothing to do with @QuikPik's point.

People are acting like they just logged on to earn their Rewards and Rating. They fought for it. They just didn't fight Alliances 3x their size who are guaranteed to beat them. That's the whole Ego blow here. Not the Rewards. They don't "belong" there. Now we have a system where the only people making gains are the same few Alliances and no one else will get anywhere. So why bother? If you're going to complain about the Rating of an Alliance as an indicator of what they should get and argue that Prestige shouldn't be used in the same breath, then you're picking and choosing your arguments as far as I'm concerned.

Alliance PI and prestige are irrelevant when it comes to war matchups, shouldn’t use anything besides war rating
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

They also didn't have to fight other groups getting the same rewards lol. A division 2 college football team can't win the national championship by only playing other division 2 schools.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Can’t finish in master fighting gold 1 alliances, it’s that simple. Want big boy rewards? Fight big boy alliances.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    The parameters have changed back to what they were because of the inequality of rewards. The low rated platinum alliances who never had to fight the 40m alliances they were taking The rewardS off was the red flag. That change 10 seasons came about because of the People in lower alliances who went on runs then ended up facing big alliances with the same alliance rating, and complained. I guess the halving of the war rating just means every win will boost your rating more and every loss will drop your rating more. So that we all level out faster to where this new system sorts us. This is going to be messy and there are going to be a lot of complaints, I was just pointing out alliances like mine are going to benefit because now we get to face the alliances half our size who were getting the rewards we feel like we deserved because of the years spent ranking high end defenders. And we never get to face. At the end of the day some people will benefit some people will get a hard reality check, I just happen to be in one of the alliances that will benefit, is it fair that a 12m alliance has to face my 30m alliance now, I say yes because we are competing for the same rewards, that 12m alliance is literally making my rewards drop, without me ever getting to compete against them. it’s a bit like a weight division In boxing, It’s not fair if Floyd had to fight fury for his title, they are in different weight divisions and fury would murder Floyd, the issue is there are no weight divisions in this game for rewards, There is one pot of rewards we are all competing for, the system we are dropping may have worked with tiered rewards but are you going to tell the 12m alliance they can keep competing against 12m alliances but they have their own lightweight rewards system then should it Be the same level of rewards as the platinum rewards? Or lesser? then what about 20m alliance, 30m alliances 60m alliances, it just gets tricky, not saying there couldn’t be a better system but the solution they are reverting to now is very simple, and probably the least exploitable solution I have seen

Alliance PI and prestige are irrelevant when it comes to war matchups, shouldn’t use anything besides war rating
    Wait, wait.....hold on a second. That was the entire basis for the argument for them being where they shouldn't be. "X Alliance is Rated Y, and they're in Z Bracket."
    Can't say it means something and it doesn't at the same time.
    There wouldn't be the need for another factor if the system wasn't worked like a well-oiled machine. Now the same Alliances that made the situation which caused the need for Prestige are complaining because Allies lower-rated than them are in the same Bracket. Bit like a spoiled child, really.
    That's what this all boils down to. I've been active in Wars since the first Beta. I've been hugely invested. I've donated a number of ideas to keep it exciting and fair, in response to the state of things at the time I gave them. Years of being invested in what's best for War and The Contest, and I'm at the point now where it feels like it's wasted effort because Alliance Wars is just a monopoly. There is no such realm as fairness because it's monopolized by the Top Alliances. Not only do they feel entitled to their own Brackets Season after Season, they feel entitled to say where others belong as well. To the point where they'll manipulate and threaten the system to get what they want. Shells so they can keep others suppressed, dummy Alliances to knock people off, Tanking that led to the need for something to intervene at the time, and now this. What's more is the more they're catered to, the worse the entitlement gets. Here we have a whole Season dedicated to satiating them. There is no sense in even trying because it's evident the only ones that matter are the ones that benefit every Season, and the rest of the people are just collateral damage. I'm beyond disappointed. I'm just sad at this point. There are better ways than this, and quite frankly, it's disrespectful to the rest of the demographic.
    Sorry, I know I sound dramatic. I'm just concerned is all. I'm not saying I'm any more invested into what's best than anyone else. I just think there were other options to make a better system. Now all I can do is watch it unfold.
    Ya i tried to read it but i have no idea what you’re saying or what your complaint is