**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• Options
    XHans_GruberXXHans_GruberX Posts: 98
    Raganator said:

- The goal here is to eliminate overly punishing nodes. Not everything listed here will be actioned on, as these Maps still need to challenge Alliance.

Taking the above quote from the other thread since it would likely get deleted in that thread.

This has long been the problem. What Kabam views as a challenge the community views as frustrating (rather than fun). It's fine to be challenging, but it also has to be fun. Challenge has translated into "how can we monetize AW". And that's the problem - people don't want throw money at something that is frustrating. I'm happy to Kabam is listening with respect to node combinations. Generally, I don't have a problem with nodes, but when you now add the modifiers on top of the nodes and require us to change attack teams based on the global node is not a path many alliances will bother with (except those at the very top).
    Absolutely agree... outside a few events there's not a lot that's actually fun with this game...if it wasn't for the friendships we've formed over the past few years not sure I'd be playing this game much or at all
  • Options
    Unawakened2Unawakened2 Posts: 14

The feedback and recent experience isn't exactly inspiring me to rally the troops. We've been running war full swing as a group before Seasons started, and throughout all 18 Seasons that have occurred. Season 19 will officially be our 1st Season ran non-competitively. It's sad. So many sounded excited when I announced we'd be taking it easy this Season.

I had some hope when the Node Feedback Thread was made. I had a bit more when I saw the updates. Then we tested it. We decided just to run a half hearted Boss Rush, and our opponents went for 100%. When I saw 134 defense kills that was the final nail in the coffin for us. We collectively decided we didn't want to be dealing with that.

For perspective purposes, we're a Tier 4/5 Alliance. This was Challenger. The Alliance we faced off against placed HIGHER than us last Season, and were generally similar in rating/Prestige. They died 134× and killed 136 champs. That's... crazy. I implore those at Kabam to really take a step back here and at minimum consider delaying the Season for further changes. Otherwise Season 19 may be the most memorable in the worst of ways.

It's almost like Challenger is Expert, Hard is Challenger, Intermediate is Hard, and so on down the line judging by the feedback from various tiers. I can't even imagine what the new Expert is like. Everything stated is coming from a place of genuine concern and care. We used to LOVE AW. This... this is too much for many. There's 2 major points I'm going to highlight here.

1. Challenge is only fun when it's reasonable. If the would be challenge becomes too much to handle for most, and the payout doesn't feel worth the effort; that takes all the fun out, and destroys the drive in many players.

2. There's a fine line between "rewarding skillful play" and "punishing less than perfect play." This Map in MANY places will punish you if you make the SLIGHTEST mistake. That's. Not. Fun.

If the game mode is lacking fun, I cannot in all good conscious as a Leader push my crew to compete. I've seen some of our best essentially say "screw this, not worth it." I seriously can't argue that one anymore. I really dislike the fact that I feel they're right. At this point back pedaling to the previous iteration of the Map would be a great way to go (although I sincerely doubt that will happen). I'm not sure if this Map can be tweaked enough to be fun. Just my personal opinion. For what it's worth, we wanted to like it. Truly, we did. Unfortunately, like many, we do not.

Great post. You really hit on the fact that the while the nerf helped, there are still some very punishing nodes that have very few counters. I have yet to see a full clear of a map in any BG, and there are very few boss kills. Maybe 1 per alliance each war. Obviously we are still adjusting to the new nodes and everyone is trying to conserve items. Another thing is that we haven’t even been able to test Stubborn because the other alliances aren’t choosing it.

It’s interesting that the activity on this thread really fell off a cliff. I have a feeling that a lot of people are burned out on providing feedback and are now resigned to the fact that the nodes and defense tactics are what they are. That’s unfortunate because it sends a message to Kabam that all is well, and everyone is excited for Season 19. I truly don’t think that’s the case. Maybe I’m wrong.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

The feedback and recent experience isn't exactly inspiring me to rally the troops. We've been running war full swing as a group before Seasons started, and throughout all 18 Seasons that have occurred. Season 19 will officially be our 1st Season ran non-competitively. It's sad. So many sounded excited when I announced we'd be taking it easy this Season.

I had some hope when the Node Feedback Thread was made. I had a bit more when I saw the updates. Then we tested it. We decided just to run a half hearted Boss Rush, and our opponents went for 100%. When I saw 134 defense kills that was the final nail in the coffin for us. We collectively decided we didn't want to be dealing with that.

For perspective purposes, we're a Tier 4/5 Alliance. This was Challenger. The Alliance we faced off against placed HIGHER than us last Season, and were generally similar in rating/Prestige. They died 134× and killed 136 champs. That's... crazy. I implore those at Kabam to really take a step back here and at minimum consider delaying the Season for further changes. Otherwise Season 19 may be the most memorable in the worst of ways.

It's almost like Challenger is Expert, Hard is Challenger, Intermediate is Hard, and so on down the line judging by the feedback from various tiers. I can't even imagine what the new Expert is like. Everything stated is coming from a place of genuine concern and care. We used to LOVE AW. This... this is too much for many. There's 2 major points I'm going to highlight here.

1. Challenge is only fun when it's reasonable. If the would be challenge becomes too much to handle for most, and the payout doesn't feel worth the effort; that takes all the fun out, and destroys the drive in many players.

2. There's a fine line between "rewarding skillful play" and "punishing less than perfect play." This Map in MANY places will punish you if you make the SLIGHTEST mistake. That's. Not. Fun.

If the game mode is lacking fun, I cannot in all good conscious as a Leader push my crew to compete. I've seen some of our best essentially say "screw this, not worth it." I seriously can't argue that one anymore. I really dislike the fact that I feel they're right. At this point back pedaling to the previous iteration of the Map would be a great way to go (although I sincerely doubt that will happen). I'm not sure if this Map can be tweaked enough to be fun. Just my personal opinion. For what it's worth, we wanted to like it. Truly, we did. Unfortunately, like many, we do not.

Great post. You really hit on the fact that the while the nerf helped, there are still some very punishing nodes that have very few counters. I have yet to see a full clear of a map in any BG, and there are very few boss kills. Maybe 1 per alliance each war. Obviously we are still adjusting to the new nodes and everyone is trying to conserve items. Another thing is that we haven’t even been able to test Stubborn because the other alliances aren’t choosing it.

It’s interesting that the activity on this thread really fell off a cliff. I have a feeling that a lot of people are burned out on providing feedback and are now resigned to the fact that the nodes and defense tactics are what they are. That’s unfortunate because it sends a message to Kabam that all is well, and everyone is excited for Season 19. I truly don’t think that’s the case. Maybe I’m wrong.
    I keep seeing the massive death totals and how nobody is clearing and stuff. Do alliances try to clear in the offseason? We just faced kenob, they did full clear but had 50 deaths. Kenob will likely go the full 12 war season without having 50 total deaths. My alliance (4loki) had 90 attacker kills and 52 deaths. I think the nerfs will make a MASSIVE difference and even if there are a couple of champ/node combos that are tough, a BG of 10 players will likely have one player that has that counter.
  • Options
    Unawakened2Unawakened2 Posts: 14
    edited July 2020

I keep seeing the massive death totals and how nobody is clearing and stuff. Do alliances try to clear in the offseason? We just faced kenob, they did full clear but had 50 deaths. Kenob will likely go the full 12 war season without having 50 total deaths. My alliance (4loki) had 90 attacker kills and 52 deaths. I think the nerfs will make a MASSIVE difference and even if there are a couple of champ/node combos that are tough, a BG of 10 players will likely have one player that has that counter.
    That’s a fair point. Most alliances aren’t focused on clearing 100% in the offseason. In our war today, we cleared ~ 90% and had over 70 deaths with only 1 boss kill. Our opponent cleared ~ 80% with almost 90 deaths and no boss kills. I think there was minimal item usage on either side.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Mix master is just as bad as tunnel vision thanks kabam for the very minor minor minor minor nerf. God bless you

no It isn't mix master just needs true strike of which there are so many including corvus
    tunnel vision has so less counters
    A troublesome placement is mix master and korg. You can technically play with ghost of the tactic is not stubborn. But still the placement gives a lot of trouble
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    The new nodes are still rubbish, its still.Kabam vs Alliance / Players and not really Alliance vs Alliance.
    It's better than before the update but still sucks

G1 rewards are still rubbish pfft.
  • Options
    King09712 said:

cancel the season, tear down this abomination and FIX it the right way. You do realize players who are struggling will get kicked when they were doing FINE before right? people who have been in a group seasons or years will suddenly be out because its expected that you have to clear every node. Failure to do so will mean they find elsewhere. all because you became greedy again.

LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

They did listen and nerfed the map before anyone even played a single war with it. I really think this is by far the easiest map we have ever had and deaths will drop a lot once season starts and people are actually trying
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Woww i cant believe even after the nerf, so many people still complaining haha i dont blame ha because i have onlhly participated in 2 off season wars and i hated them. Not looking forward for season 19... glad i joined a gold 2 ally with the hard map.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Does some1 know if Stubborn is 2 charges like it says in the description or 1 charge like they say in the offical post? (In last war)

Since kabam is ignoring everyone asking O would like to know :)
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Just give back aw 2017-2018 bruh, people loves them.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

Why can’t u not use void u can. Just a slow fight
    My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.
    Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.
    you are overhyping it a bit. you can for sure use g2099. First off why do you want to make sure to charge her for the next fight atleast get this one done
    even so she puts so many degen debuffs if anyone can get to sp3 its her for sure.
    I read 12% of a bar of power thats not too bad considering how many debuffs she puts out
    Degen isn't a DoT. Doubt that counts. Also, I said that you can use her. Read the posts after. Just sucks that you can't build her for next ones at all. It's a silly combination of nodes when you include flow.
    Her degen IS a DoT.
    Well that's a good thing to know. Atleast can use her then for future fights. Stand corrected there. Still doesn't make it a node that directly doesn't counter what they've been wanting to do with war the entire time. Just by adding a global, you can see how broken it is that it barely allows champs to work. Unless obviously you keep changing masteries to remove and put them back in.
    They say one thing in their roadmaps and it's still in the other direction that they go.
    lmao first you think her degen isn't a dot now you still keep thinking that she can't be charged up which isn't true since she can put so many debuffs that nobody is almost no one is immune to she for sure can build to a sp3
    I used her and did not reach sp3. Use her there and then back up with your words.
  • Options
    We will be going chill. Increase in diffuclty for no increase in rewards. War takes a backseat while we learn the new nodes. No need to feed this game mode with our hard earned resources while we adjust.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.
    Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.
    you are overhyping it a bit. you can for sure use g2099. First off why do you want to make sure to charge her for the next fight atleast get this one done
    even so she puts so many degen debuffs if anyone can get to sp3 its her for sure.
    I read 12% of a bar of power thats not too bad considering how many debuffs she puts out
    Degen isn't a DoT. Doubt that counts. Also, I said that you can use her. Read the posts after. Just sucks that you can't build her for next ones at all. It's a silly combination of nodes when you include flow.
    Her degen IS a DoT.
    Well that's a good thing to know. Atleast can use her then for future fights. Stand corrected there. Still doesn't make it a node that directly doesn't counter what they've been wanting to do with war the entire time. Just by adding a global, you can see how broken it is that it barely allows champs to work. Unless obviously you keep changing masteries to remove and put them back in.
    They say one thing in their roadmaps and it's still in the other direction that they go.
    lmao first you think her degen isn't a dot now you still keep thinking that she can't be charged up which isn't true since she can put so many debuffs that nobody is almost no one is immune to she for sure can build to a sp3
    I used her and did not reach sp3. Use her there and then back up with your words.
    who were you fighting? just saying i couldnt build upto sp3 doesnt give much information
    If and when I do it myself I will report it for sure

Don't expect a video from me though my devices lags while recording sometimes and I cant take the risk of lagging in war so when time comes believe it and if you dont wanna then there's no point
    Domino. The DPS is RNG based, and there are many many factors while building up power. They shouldnt turtle, they shouldnt have a special ready, you need to actually apply degen in the first place. Not saying she isnt a good option anyways, but your point of building her up is RNG based and not valid unless you have used her there in the first place. "theorycrafting" perhaps.
  • Options
    Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    What is going on with Kabam and their silence regarding stubborn node? If you are changing to 2 charges I think the community deserves to know!!!!
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Her degen IS a DoT.
    who were you fighting? just saying i couldnt build upto sp3 doesnt give much information
    If and when I do it myself I will report it for sure

Don't expect a video from me though my devices lags while recording sometimes and I cant take the risk of lagging in war so when time comes believe it and if you dont wanna then there's no point
    Domino. The DPS is RNG based, and there are many many factors while building up power. They shouldnt turtle, they shouldnt have a special ready, you need to actually apply degen in the first place. Not saying she isnt a good option anyways, but your point of building her up is RNG based and not valid unless you have used her there in the first place. "theorycrafting" perhaps.
    never denied its not RNG based but that also means its very much possible to do it and g2099's crit rate isnt very bad that she wont crit unless its a doom so i would think for most cases she should be able to get to it.
    I dont understand what your turtle and not have a special ready point is.. they wont affect you applying a degen debuff
    you just need to wait them to attack you and bait the special
    g2099 wont even be unlucky to domino
    you gain power when you put a damaging debuff, which means when you have a debuff on them, you have to hit them to gain power. This is impossible if they turtle up (hold block), or have a special ready which you have to bait. I use g99 here for 3 wars striaght, and havent gotten to an sp3.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    So we are a day out from the new season, where’s the reward increase for plat 4 and below?
  • Options
    King09712 said:

so glad all that hard work to get 5 star and 6 star shards just was flushed down the toilet. You are going to compensate for ALL those lost shards for a season because you decided to half everyone war rating AND the rewards thus making them care even less for the war season RIGHT?.

That’s not how it works...
  • Options
    King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

so glad all that hard work to get 5 star and 6 star shards just was flushed down the toilet. You are going to compensate for ALL those lost shards for a season because you decided to half everyone war rating AND the rewards thus making them care even less for the war season RIGHT?.

yes it is, we won the wars to get to a high tier they decided to cut it in half and killed rewards for a FULL season to get back where we were before. No one in the group who earned 900 5 star shards and 60 6 star shards a win will find any use in getting 3 and 4 star shards. They need to compensate because this change of map, the garbage nodes and now rewards getting destroyed? they made war an even bigger waste of time. To a area people were losing interest in already, you just made it worse!.
    No it’s not, war tiers are based on %, so if you were in the top 10% before the 50% cut then you still will be once everyone has received the cut.
  • Options
    King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

yes it is, we won the wars to get to a high tier they decided to cut it in half and killed rewards for a FULL season to get back where we were before. No one in the group who earned 900 5 star shards and 60 6 star shards a win will find any use in getting 3 and 4 star shards. They need to compensate because this change of map, the garbage nodes and now rewards getting destroyed? they made war an even bigger waste of time. To a area people were losing interest in already, you just made it worse!.
    No it’s not, war tiers are based on %, so if you were in the top 10% before the 50% cut then you still will be once everyone has received the cut.
    yea except one little thing, those wars we have to fight this season? will cause massive losses in 5 and 6 star shards per win. We are working on 6 stars not 3 and 4 stars sorry. They need to compensate for wasting players time with garbage maps, garbage nodes, and garbage rewards for winning.
    Once everyone has been cut you’ll be in the same tier as before!
  • Options
    King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

yea except one little thing, those wars we have to fight this season? will cause massive losses in 5 and 6 star shards per win. We are working on 6 stars not 3 and 4 stars sorry. They need to compensate for wasting players time with garbage maps, garbage nodes, and garbage rewards for winning.
    what are you talking about? tiers are not based on your rating, it's based on %. You'll get exactly the same stuff you were getting before, so will everyone else