**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    xNig said:

No. I said what the system is. The Brackets are comprised of the Points people earn relative to others. People are in Master because they put up more Points than people in Plat. Not because they beat every Alliance in Platinum on the way to get there. The Season isn't even long enough for that. It's a measurement of Points from beginning to end. It's like saying, "Player X shouldn't get the Champ from the Arena like I will because I didn't come up against them in the Arena. Boy would I beat their Champs if I did.".

They did NOT put up more points than alliances in Plat. They put up the same amount of points, then the multiplier causes the disparity. THIS is what the readjustment of war ratings is about; putting alliances in the correct tiers so they earn the multiplier befitting of their war capabilities, which ultimately translates to season points.
    No, they put up more Points. The Multiplier caused what it causes. Increasing as they won.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    So, with our war rating of 125 and the capability of multiple 4r5, 5r4 and 6r1 defenders, is it time to wade into the cesspool?

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Grumpy said:

Wish grounded wisdom would stop commenting on every thread going his inputs are really pointless

Definitely far from always true. He gets more stick about a lot of things than he deserves a lot of the time. Things like war though, yeah, he really does himself and everyone else no favors
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Those alliances weren’t punching above their weight, that’s the whole point they only ever had to fight their weight range, but there was only one set of rewards, so it was the heavyweight title and they were ranking way above the other contenders who had to fight Klitschko or fury. sure make a bracketed system but they’re going to complain just as much if those rewards for lower prestige are lower than the heavyweight title, the fact you think this affects only the top positively is mind blowing, im in a 30m alliance who has been silver1 the last two seasons, this is the best news for my alliance who lose multiple members after every season because they want to join a gold 1 alliance and not have to climb the ranks. Two things are going to help this settling not take as long as they could have, with the halves ratings each win or loss will be a big bump or loss in war rating, this will double the speed of the process at the start and slowly level out, secondly now the maps are so hard that 100%ing isn’t a given for the lower tiers (I’m in t11 right now) so if I face my alliance leaders second account who is 12m and has beaten us the last few seasons because of the UNFAIR matchmaking system, they won’t even complete the map of 5/65 things, dooms and korgs, and so they will lose season placings faster, the alliances who have been artificially inflated will drop Reasonably quickly. And those who spend to win will still be able to stay higher in season rating than those who don’t, so kabam have won there with boosted revenue. I will be content not having to spend Resources so often with the easier matchups I’m looking Forward to and once this season is over the matchups will be much closer to the old days of war where finishing a map wasn’t a given and we actually got to face the alliances we were competing for rewards with
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

xNig said:

No. I said what the system is. The Brackets are comprised of the Points people earn relative to others. People are in Master because they put up more Points than people in Plat. Not because they beat every Alliance in Platinum on the way to get there. The Season isn't even long enough for that. It's a measurement of Points from beginning to end. It's like saying, "Player X shouldn't get the Champ from the Arena like I will because I didn't come up against them in the Arena. Boy would I beat their Champs if I did.".

They did NOT put up more points than alliances in Plat. They put up the same amount of points, then the multiplier causes the disparity. THIS is what the readjustment of war ratings is about; putting alliances in the correct tiers so they earn the multiplier befitting of their war capabilities, which ultimately translates to season points.
    No, they put up more Points. The Multiplier caused what it causes. Increasing as they won.
    Last Season my alliance faced 2 alliances who put up more points than us for war #9 and #10 (so they were ranked higher for that time). We massacred them 200 deaths to 50, and one of them didn’t even manage to clear the map.

You’re telling me that they deserve better rewards than us?

Every alliance puts up roughly the same amount of points when they win or lose, excluding the win bonus. What’s unfair is the tiers that grant a multiplier. Weaker alliances have been milking the tier multiplier as they only need to face other weak alliances, artificially maintaining their multiplier, which directly results in them scoring and ranking higher on the leaderboards.

Kabam is fixing the tiers and making sure alliances are at where they are supposed to be. This is a gigantic win for the entire community.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Last Season my alliance faced 2 alliances who put up more points than us for war #9 and #10 (so they were ranked higher for that time). We massacred them 200 deaths to 50, and one of them didn’t even manage to clear the map.

You’re telling me that they deserve better rewards than us?

Every alliance puts up roughly the same amount of points when they win or lose, excluding the win bonus. What’s unfair is the tiers that grant a multiplier. Weaker alliances have been milking the tier multiplier as they only need to face other weak alliances, artificially maintaining their multiplier, which directly results in them scoring and ranking higher on the leaderboards.

Kabam is fixing the tiers and making sure alliances are at where they are supposed to be. This is a gigantic win for the entire community.
    If they did better in their Season than you did, then yes. One War does not a Season make. Also, Kills mean nothing outside of Attack Bonus. That's as outdated as the idea that only the top matters.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom still flogging his dead horse trying to to talk his BS saying that the old match up system was fair and the new one is bad.
    trying to say it is acceptable that a little alliance of noobs gets easier wars and better season rewards using 0 items playing weak competition than a big strong ally using hundreds of units of items per war.

while at the same time trying to say effort should equal reward.
    players put more effort should be rewarded more.
    players put less effort should be rewarded less.

how can you claim to preach about fairness when you cant even see that the old system does not fairly reward effort. by design it has an unfair bias toward low rated players and allies

Grumpy said:

Wish grounded wisdom would stop commenting on every thread going his inputs are really pointless

He’s a paid actor, and everyone knows who he is. Really sad
    Um....no. I don't get paid to express my views. For that matter, why would they pay anyone to disagree with their decision? Lol.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

Grumpy said:

He’s a paid actor, and everyone knows who he is. Really sad
    Um....no. I don't get paid to express my views. For that matter, why would they pay anyone to disagree with their decision? Lol.
    create conversation.
    bad press is still press.

the common business saying is there is no such thing as bad press.

if it gets people talking its good.
    we are all keeping this thread active talking and talking and talking.
    it is 45 pages long and i would have a guess that 30 pages of that are jut you and direct replies to you stating the same thing over and over again.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Quite simple really. the old matchmaking system turned out to give an advantage to players with lower prestige, which is to say that it disadvantaged players with higher prestige, which is also to say that it was unfair. The new matchmaking system is fair. The people that have been benefiting from the unfairness are going to be annoyed. Because they no longer have that advantage, spin it how you want but to say it’s not fair that the team that has had great rewards because of that unfair advantage, now won’t get those advantages doesn’t inspire A shred of sympathy in me.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Waiting for forums to explode in 6 hours.

Step 1 - grab popcorn
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Can some tell me how to beat IMIW with Flow on this node:

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Don't intercept. Play the long game with someone who does high damage or Void.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

Don't intercept. Play the long game with someone who does high damage or Void.
    I played it today with R5 Ghost (+ half suicides) vs only a R1 6* unawakwed.

I did some intercepts here and there and still had only around 1 min left.

I dont see how Void can out damage that ever. And which champ outdamges Ghost here?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

Markjv81 said:

King09712 said:

so glad all that hard work to get 5 star and 6 star shards just was flushed down the toilet. You are going to compensate for ALL those lost shards for a season because you decided to half everyone war rating AND the rewards thus making them care even less for the war season RIGHT?.

That’s not how it works...
    yes it is, we won the wars to get to a high tier they decided to cut it in half and killed rewards for a FULL season to get back where we were before. No one in the group who earned 900 5 star shards and 60 6 star shards a win will find any use in getting 3 and 4 star shards. They need to compensate because this change of map, the garbage nodes and now rewards getting destroyed? they made war an even bigger waste of time. To a area people were losing interest in already, you just made it worse!.
    No it’s not, war tiers are based on %, so if you were in the top 10% before the 50% cut then you still will be once everyone has received the cut.
    yea except one little thing, those wars we have to fight this season? will cause massive losses in 5 and 6 star shards per win. We are working on 6 stars not 3 and 4 stars sorry. They need to compensate for wasting players time with garbage maps, garbage nodes, and garbage rewards for winning.
    That just means you shouldn’t of been in those brackets in the first place. If you can beat alliances with your same exact war rating. That means you deserve to be in whatever bracket you were in. If you’re losinf thst means you were facing smaller alliances and benefitting from it.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    Which attackers do you suggest for lane 1?
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Ambjony said:

Which attackers do you suggest for lane 1?

Quake Warlock Mysterio Void (not for lionheart)
  • Can one of the Devs explain to me how Omega takes incinerate damage on tentacle hits on hazard shift node? If tentacles are supposed to bypass damage caused by attacking why does hazard still incinerate him???

Can one of the Devs explain to me how Omega takes incinerate damage on tentacle hits on hazard shift node? If tentacles are supposed to bypass damage caused by attacking why does hazard still incinerate him???

Cause the incinerate debuff isn’t “damage caused by attacking”.
    That Match isn't what I'm talking about. Both sides have an actual chance to win. One didn't.

That Match isn't what I'm talking about. Both sides have an actual chance to win. One didn't.

But one side had an advantage of having higher prestige, and higher average rating. It’s an “unfair” matchup, by your terms.
    walkerdog said:

My point is that even in the vast majority of relatively fair matchups, once you get past around a 500 prestige difference, there is a reason their prestige is that much lower and it's not just $$ - please remember they placed a better and harder defense than us bc we chose to get close to max diversity! They could not FINISH THE EASIER MAP OF THE TWO!

On average, their playskill, planning, experience, SOMETHING appears to be significantly lower than what a plat 4 ally should ever be.

The first 2 matches were brutal mismatches, and MAYBE kabam could have limited that a little by keeping a large prestige buffer (like 1.5k) but then then removing that after 2-3 matches still causes huge mismatches then - this is the bandage being ripped off. I have noticed that we are seeing less and less brutal mismatches as the season goes on, which is very encouraging.
    You might, others are still seeing them.