**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stubborn clarification

Are the indestructible charges removed when the defender is struck or the attacker?

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    according to the info they are supposed to be removed when the attacker is either struck or blocks a hit. However, i hope that the indestructibles can be removed by hitting the defender as well or stubborn is going to be a very OP tactic.
  • Options
    Yea. Hoping its a typo. Would not make sense for defender buffs to be removed when you get hit.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I would not expect that to be a typo.
    Flow 2.0 is coming. Brace yourself
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    It would make sense, because it’s either you block a hit or are hit. So you’ve got to take hits yourself to remove the indestructible charges. If all you had to do was to hit the opponent, why would you also be able to remove them by blocking? If that was the case the indestructible charges would be pointless and the tactic would be virtually useless. Whether it proves to be OP or not, I don’t think it’s a typo.

• Options

It would make sense, because it’s either you block a hit or are hit. So you’ve got to take hits yourself to remove the indestructible charges. If all you had to do was to hit the opponent, why would you also be able to remove them by blocking? If that was the case the indestructible charges would be pointless and the tactic would be virtually useless. Whether it proves to be OP or not, I don’t think it’s a typo.

By your logic why would getting hit be a penalty to the defender then?
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I feel for stubborn to be strong but still viable they just need to remove dodge as an activator, that way dexterity would not be included and we can still make decent headway into AW.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Is there a cap for it? That's a big question. If I dex 10 times with Stark, does it stay at 1/2/3 depending on tier or is it 10x 1/2/3.
  • Options

I feel for stubborn to be strong but still viable they just need to remove dodge as an activator, that way dexterity would not be included and we can still make decent headway into AW.

Yea curious if dex will trigger it as well
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I really don’t like this node to be honest, it’s going to make fights so slow and fairly matchup specific, I’d like to know if the charges are like killmonger though and only stop damahe for hits, if they are it shouldn’t be too bad since champs like nick omega and quake could mostly ignore it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Also is it like a Luke cage indestructible or more like Killmonger?
  • Options
    joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike do indestructible charges stack higher than 3?
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★

By your logic why would getting hit be a penalty to the defender then?
    I don’t think you’ve understood my logic. My point is that removing one indestructible per blocked hit as well as for each hit on the defender makes no sense, because the indestructible would last all of half a combo and would be effectively pointless. The tactic is clearly forcing you to be defensive yourself when defensive champs gain indestructible buffs, which means either blocking hits or (if you’re unlucky) taking hits yourself.

Neither removing buffs by hitting or by being hit is new (you remove indestructible charges from KM by hitting him, and BWCV removes buffs from the opponent when she is hit), but my logic explains why it makes more sense from it being a viable tactic that it’s either you blocking or you being hit to remove the charges.

The big question for me is whether indestructible charges stack on a dex. If they do there is serious potential for this to be broken.

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Just don’t use Ghost or Quake. Done. No problem
  • Options
    TP33 said:

Just don’t use Ghost or Quake. Done. No problem

You realize most likely dex triggers this as well? Obviously its a counter to ghost and quake but will just be broken and cause everyone to use it.
  • Options
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Can any of you confirm?
    Does dex trigger stubborn?
    Does hitting the defender remove indestructible charges or getting hit by the defender remove them?
    Do they act like killmongers indestructible buffs or act like luke cages?
  • Options
    WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Can any of you confirm?
    Does dex trigger stubborn?
    Does hitting the defender remove indestructible charges or getting hit by the defender remove them?
    Do they act like killmongers indestructible buffs or act like luke cages?

Update?

• Options
    Buy a unit offer to unlock reply.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    My reading of it is that it’s only auto evade, miss, and dodge (which is something invisible woman and possibly night crawler do). If someone could confirm that dodge doesn’t just mean backing up or triggering dex, that would be superb
  • Options
    PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    Kabam Zibiit said:

“Hey there everyone, we made an announcement here to let everyone know, but the Stubborn Defense Tactic will be changed on Challenger and Expert maps so that #Defensive Defenders will only be able to store up to 1 Indestructible Passive while Stubborn is in use.

To address some other questions that have been raised about the Stubborn Defense Tactic, the Dexterity Mastery can cause it to activate and the Indestructible Passive it provides will behave somewhat like the Indestructible Luke Cage has, preventing all damage while the opponent has the charge.”