**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6 Pain Points

In the recent Dev Diary, Kabam said that they want us to determine certain difficult fights in act 6, which they called “Pain Points”, so they can make them easier for the future. I have completed act 6, but I have never explored it and I had different experiences and rosters as some of you. I would therefore like for everyone here to write which fights/paths/bosses they considered to be the hardest or least fair in act 6, so Kabam can determine them to be “Pain Points” and fox them.

Comments

• Options
    StuchStuch Posts: 45
    Personally, these are the act 6 bosses that I would classify as “pain points” (Mostly the fights I HAD to use quake for): 6.1.2 (Ultron), 6.1.5 (Crossbones), 6.1.6 (Sentinel), 6.2.2 (Sinister), 6.2.5 (Mordo), 6.2.6 (The Champion), 6.3.1 (Medusa- big pain point), 6.3.4 (Iron Man), 6.3.5 (Mysterio), 6.4.3 (Darkhawk), and 6.4.5 (Hydra Adaptoid)
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I think they mean more along the lines of like 6.3.?acid wash mysterio which has basically 2 counters or be prepared for over 1000hits or 30 mins of quaking
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah those are not all difficult fights, I think the only difficult bosses are 6.2.2 sinister 6.2.6 champion and 6.4.3 darkhawk, all top roster specific, a lot of the 6.3 bosses are only bad because block damage and those 3 are the only ones that won’t be solved by attack reduction
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Sinister boss in 6.2 (1 path)
    Acid wash mysterio (I have beaten this)
    Class gates in 6.2.5 and 6.2.6
    Mordo node
    Gimme venom the duck
    Special con path (I have beaten)
    Sym supreme in 6.1.6 (I have beaten)
    Do you bleed path 6.2.6
    Darkhawk boss in 6.4 ‘(single pass)
    Power sting path in 6.4
    Crossbones in 6.1 (explored)

That’s all that comes to mind off hand
  • Options
    But problem fights include acid wash mysterio, particle protector ant man, do you bleed rogue, do you sting path, and those are the main bad ones I can think of off the top of my head
  • Options

Crossbones isn't that bad.

Yeah crossbones is a really fun fight with semi-bad roster requirements and he feels amazing to beat, it would suck to see him get nerfed
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    6.1 is ok overall
  • Options
    Crazyblaze47Crazyblaze47 Posts: 20
    Stuch said:

Personally, these are the act 6 bosses that I would classify as “pain points” (Mostly the fights I HAD to use quake for): 6.1.2 (Ultron), 6.1.5 (Crossbones), 6.1.6 (Sentinel), 6.2.2 (Sinister), 6.2.5 (Mordo), 6.2.6 (The Champion), 6.3.1 (Medusa- big pain point), 6.3.4 (Iron Man), 6.3.5 (Mysterio), 6.4.3 (Darkhawk), and 6.4.5 (Hydra Adaptoid)

I’m only through 6.3.2 as of writing, but so far the only fights I felt were tough enough to merit tweaking would be 6.2.2 Sinister, 6.2.6 Champion (already identified for adjusting), and 6.3.1 Medusa.

The node buffs for Sinister basically require you to have a 5* Heimdall or pony up units; this is flawed design.

I only put 6.3.1 Medusa on here because Killmonger is about as ideal of a matchup for her as it gets and I could not get my R4 to outpace the regen from buffet & baiting specials. Killmonger’s L3 with a full 50 stacks of bleed only got her down to ~30% health. I can acknowledge that I may have missed something in my approach to the fight, but it doesn’t seem like it should require backing out just to throw a second fully prepped L3 in order to finish.

I know it’s not Act 6, but I’m also gonna throw V4.3.2 Mordo on the fire here. That combo plus the “1* crystal” really punishes players for not having a 1* Hulk.

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Sentinel and Ultron are fine. So is Crossbones.
  • Options
    SouthfenceSouthfence Posts: 39
    6.1 is mostly ok the pain points are just node and champ combos that offer only a small number of counters. To exclude 4* from content kabam must ensure that each fight has 5 good counters and at least 5 more solid counters. 6.1.6 Sym supreme being the biggest one. 6.1.5 crossbones is ok but the number of really good counters walls out alot of people.

One pain point for me was 6.1.5 Ms Marvel with mesmerize, bane and stun immune. It adds a little too much of the uncontrollable to the fight. Make it limber 20 then parries can be used for bane and skillful play will be rewarded.

Caustic temper Dr Strange was a pain but can be forced through.

6.2.2 crumbling armor Havoc is very dirty and Mr Sinister has no counters without synergies so thet needs changing.

I’m only up to 6.2.5 so my question is should I push on or wait for who knows how long till it is easier.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess 6.3.1 medusa can be rough, I had sym supreme so I never realized how bad she was but 6.3.6 beardo is kinda mean, I mean there are only like, 3 good options for that fight with anyone else it either takes forever costs a bunch of units
  • Options
    @Southfence I agree with most of what you said but crumbling armor havok ain’t that bad, there are a bunch of them throughout the game it isn’t a terrible node combo colossus makes it easy but you can still do it with every other normal havok counter but it is just harder