**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Too Easy?

I hope the new updates address this but almost every war for as long as I can remember tends to be 100% exploration or close to it and decided very closely. I think clearing 100% should be hard every time, and I feel like this would keep so many wars from being super close. Maybe this is just a problem with being Silver 3, but it's kinda repetitive and boring, and the nodes aren't challenging...I'm placing my best five stars who are at 7000+ and they're getting 1-4 kills on the boss nodes. Our opponents don't have significantly better defenders. I know some of the more advanced teams complain about the nodes, but I'd rather have a challenge than losing despite clearing all defenders.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★

I hope the new updates address this but almost every war for as long as I can remember tends to be 100% exploration or close to it and decided very closely. I think clearing 100% should be hard every time, and I feel like this would keep so many wars from being super close. Maybe this is just a problem with being Silver 3, but it's kinda repetitive and boring, and the nodes aren't challenging...I'm placing my best five stars who are at 7000+ and they're getting 1-4 kills on the boss nodes. Our opponents don't have significantly better defenders. I know some of the more advanced teams complain about the nodes, but I'd rather have a challenge than losing despite clearing all defenders.

Mate if u like challenging go find a tier5 even tier2 then u find out why we ain’t happy ther do t won’t middle to get frustrated of the challenges it wil be with less rosters the war map in tier5 and above is demanding one rosters.
  • GurgismashGurgismash Posts: 50
    My point is that if both teams are only getting 5-10 defender kills that seems off...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

My point is that if both teams are only getting 5-10 defender kills that seems off...

Defender Kills are no longer a metric that count. Attack Bonus counts, and anything outside of 3 per Node doesn't matter.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

Honestly try T5 or higher. You'd soon see why many people are pi***d why rewards are so shite for the effort it takes
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    That’s why I’m playing in tier 1. It’s never been difficult enough for me lol
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Come here son..

Take a seat..

I will tell you about a time, not so long ago.. when the grass was green, and the girls were pretty..

Back before we had defence tactics..

You see.. you could hit an opponent more than 5 times, without them hitting a sp3. You could beat virtually any node, with any champion.. if you had skill. Back when you didn't have the choice of one or two champions to clear an entire path, or risk being completely destroyed.

I agree. It should be hard. The issue is, in top tier alliance war, there isn't the option to not 100%. Its a case of you finish, or you are kicked. Well.. thats mid tier. In top tier alliance war you do not die. If you die, you are kicked.

It is easy to stand in below T5, where theres no risk, and ask for a challenge, trust me. I can show you my roster and it is a struggle. Its not fun needing one or two specific champions to counter every fight, regardless of the node or matchup just because of the global node. I'll give you quick scenerio. Magik on AoN, 5-10 hits for them to reach SP3.. power control? Great idea, except you're getting limbo every time you drain power,and another stack 2 hits later when you push them above 1 bar. Blade to kill the limbo . Great idea.. except you're on AoN. Solution? Quake. Thats it..

Again, we wouldn't mind, except when you have an R3/4 5* like yourself, its relatively cheap to revive and heal to max. When you have an 5/65 or R2/3 6* it gets very expensive, and you cannot get a meaningful amount for free

Lol new Map sucks that you don't even need the global to realize that roster needed is so much more than usual. With tactics, going to be such a pain.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    While I am not in a tier that has defense tactics (gladly), I do feel that the new nodes on the new map are going to push me out of AW. I like challenges and was pretty challenged already by AW, but this just makes AW frustrating, which is definitely not what I want when I play this game.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Come to tier 5 or higher, then you’ll know

I can grind 10-15k 6* shards easily per month. 20k 5* shards are nothing to me. And equal time in AQ to AW without all the bs, will earn me more rank up resources than AW.

How do you grind 15k 6* shards in a month?

I can grind 10-15k 6* shards easily per month. 20k 5* shards are nothing to me. And equal time in AQ to AW without all the bs, will earn me more rank up resources than AW.

Mostly 5* dupes, arena, eq and incursions (5* shards)
    10k esay 15k not esay then it depen one how much 5 star u dups
    edited June 2020

EQ gives around 2.5k 6*. Arenas 1-10% every time will give you about 1.6k 6*. Really want to know how to get so many 5* shards to get 10k 6* more in a month. Not arguing, genuinely curious.

EQ gives around 2.5k 6*. Arenas 1-10% every time will give you about 1.6k 6*. Really want to know how to get so many 5* shards to get 10k 6* more in a month. Not arguing, genuinely curious.
    aW session
    Gamer said:

aW session
    He said grind. I thought that excludes war season. Since we're all talking about how war is so terrible that is.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    To be fair to OP, even at the top of tier 1 war isn’t too bad. Once we got used to flow my bg was clearing with 3-6 deaths most wars, I personally had 0 deaths all season but then again there are people like @Worknprogress who die constantly 🙂
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Wait til you are T1-5 then you will have fun, silver 3 is nothing
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

With his wallet. Really tough grind
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Tier 1 isn’t hard, especially after the flow nerf last season. Who knows with stubborn though we will have to see

To be fair to OP, even at the top of tier 1 war isn’t too bad. Once we got used to flow my bg was clearing with 3-6 deaths most wars, I personally had 0 deaths all season but then again there are people like @Worknprogress who die constantly 🙂

I mean that's expected at that level. No matter how terrible this new Map is, you guys are skilled enough and have the roster to adjust and keep doing the same. Might take a few wars, but it will happen. For the rest of the people in the intermediate level or who don't have that type of roster/skill, it sucks. If they want, keep different maps for those who want it that way. Give more points to those facing tactics or using the new Map. Makes war better throughout and they'll see a rise in people playing war rather than just joining no AW alliances.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Tier 1 isn’t hard, especially after the flow nerf last season. Who knows with stubborn though we will have to see
    Don’t jump the gun, some nodes that looks like a nightmare on this map
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited June 2020

Pertaining to OP asking about the LOWER TIER maps...

Silver-3, were you on the “Normal” map Tier 13-15 (that used to, or does it still ?) have Aegis node in lower right section ?
    Or on “Easy” map, Tier 16 and below ?

EASY map at least used to have a couple worthwhile defensive nodes. Last node on right section for Optimist, was decent if you had an IMIW to occasionally put a stop to some people who went there without appropriate attacker. Looked now, and EASY map has NOTHING of any consequence anymore, no Optimist, not even any real Power Gain nodes.
    **Also saw on Guards for Easy, not even consistent between looking at right guard having a “self” SP1 node, but it sends out SP2 to the boss (used to always be you could just look at initial screen of node because self node and outgoing were always same, so why different now ?)

NORMAL, (haven’t checked), is the AEGIS node still there somewhere ? Were there other nodes that were severely removed or toned down on that map ??