**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blocking after evading is too slow

I was hoping this would be addressed sooner but I haven't seen a change, or experienced a change in blocking speed after evading.

After I evade either dexterity or normal evade the block command takes 3-5 seconds for a response from my champion. I have also noticed when evading, or after evading, my champions attack takes 3-5 seconds to register and be carried out as well.

The only reason I am able to say 3-5 second is when I test this against easy lower ranking opponents. Anything under a hard setting... AQ map 4-5, AW, perfect streak in arena, hard/master mode in monthly quests, ROL, etc., champions take LONGER to block and even longer to block AFTER evading.

I've tested this and thought... maybe the "animation" wasn't complete yet but even when
I wait for the animation to finalize the evade or dash back... block still takes a few seconds to trigger.

My issue with the engage speed of block is that it allows you to be WIDE open to attack or special attack despite having successfully evading the characters attack. Lately, the opponent evades my attack and strikes me immediately after, yet I can't strike them that quickly no matter how I try to play or time things.

Admins look into this

Comments

• Options
    swanand188swanand188 Posts: 4
    We are also experiencing same issue. When I am doing evade it does one step however toon is become stand still and gets hit by 2nd attack by opponent.
  • Options
    Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    I am also experiencing this and it is quite irritating! Not to mention that sometimes when I go to block, it launches my champ into the AI instead of blocking. I have noticed this in map 4 of the AQ and the arenas.
  • Options
    Ah men! This is the same issue I am having. Even my wife, who also plays, has the same issues with blocking and the special attack not responding. I don't understand why they ignore the complaints and just brush them off as not worthy of fixing. Most of my alliance experiences the same issues as well, so I know it is not your abilities playing the game or ours, it is the bug in the game. Just fix it Kabam!!
  • Options
    Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    The best way to see how delayed the block is when you dash back and hit and hold block and you take two hits in the face and then all the sudden you PARRY them on their 3rd hit! You never took your thumb off block so how does it Parry them? Because it took that long for the game to register your input!! You've seen that right? Been doing that since after 12.0 and I haven't captured it yet on video but I'm going to soon.
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I noticede when i evade a hit, then try to block it doesnt work. Is that what you guys are saying? Or also against super strong opponents i would try to parry the initial hit, if i dont ge the parry i would evade out of his attack, but now i try to evade out of the attack while blocking, and i just get hit. It happened consectutivley so I know its not me..
  • Options
    @UndeadProphet... You are welcome! Yeah it is so damn frustrating! And yes, it is after my favorite athlete Joe Sakic! Thanks for noticing! :0)
  • Options
    Yes, this **** needs to be fixed. It is really making fights not fun and sometimes devastating in wars and quests. I have also tried to evade out while blocking but only get my ass handed to me instead. Sometimes it just drops the block for me even though I do not move my finger off of the screen. So I don't know what to do except rely on parry and dexterity to get through some of theses fights. Sometimes I do not have the issues but I can honestly say it happens at least 85% of the time.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's been happening for months and it's really freaking annoying, today it was especially bad. I got absolutely wrecked on my alt today in the war because there was such a discrepancy between when I swiped back or tried to block and my champions movement.

It let's the ai just tee off on you frely cause they just won't respond, most of the time it seems to be in aq, aw or quests the things that cost you resources and possibly money.

I was hoping they would fix it but sadly I don't think it's going to be fixed anytime soon. Which sucks especially since it's been under investigation for a very long time and we've given them tons of information about it and all the other issues with the game that have gone unfixed and makes me wonder if they're even capable of fixing it.

• Options
    They obviously aren't willing to fix them. This isn't incompetence at work, it's willful negligence.
  • Options
    I have a issue with evading, blocking, and champ charging forward on its own. My screen isn't cracked and LCD screen is fine. When are you going to fix these bugs kabam? Why keep rolling out new content if your other content isn't function well. This is very frustrating as a play who helps pay some of your expenses buy buying in game content and deals. I am very close to just leaving the game and going back to PS4 games. They do a better job of keeping their games running smoothly.most of the issues only occur during AQ also. It's like they are planned glitches. Are you all even looking to fix the issues? I've seen them reported by slot of players.
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    It's really bad now. Sometimes I dash back to evade a special and block. The second I remove my hand from blocking, my champ just dashes straight to the opponent, sometimes I get lucky and the opponent just blocks or I get screwed from intercepting. As for MS marvel or captain marvel I play them like wolverine. Leave full special bar for increased attack.
  • Options
    The strange thing is this is happening over a long time and kabam is not acknowledging it officially. Thats what makes me wonder, is kabam doing it intentionally.
  • Options
    They are supposedly working on a 'few different' blocking issues for next patch.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/10475/blocking-under-investigation#latest
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Am sure this will continued to be ignored