**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ebony Maw Falter Passive Bug

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
Here's one that I fear I'm just missing something because it seems so obvious that I'm surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. However, Ebony Maw isn't a very popular champ, so perhaps it has gone undetected due to a lack people using him.

In his in-game description and his Champion Spotlight, Ebony Maw is said to inflict a Falter Passive on the opponent via his Persuasive Voice mechanic. However, the Falter that's being inflicted is not a passive, rather it's a debuff. As a debuff, it's subject to shrugging, debuff immunity, and a number of other interactions that don't tend to affect Passive abilities.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. Otherwise, I'd ask that the game team take a look at this so we can get a fix. I've made a video showcasing this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklZFHMObm4

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Nice video but that soundtrack is distracting.
    I don't think it matches the game
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind for future videos.
  • good if you are facing him, as you can willpower heal from it.
    Is there any update on this?
    Has there been any movement on this? Ebony Maw's falter is still being treated as a debuff when it's supposed to be a passive.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Also noticed that against Yondu, whenever Yondu hits Ebony Maw (both on shield and without), it says "miss" just like when you have a falter debuff on you. However, all of his hits still make contact. Seems like a visual glitch
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★

Here's one that I fear I'm just missing something because it seems so obvious that I'm surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. However, Ebony Maw isn't a very popular champ, so perhaps it has gone undetected due to a lack people using him.

In his in-game description and his Champion Spotlight, Ebony Maw is said to inflict a Falter Passive on the opponent via his Persuasive Voice mechanic. However, the Falter that's being inflicted is not a passive, rather it's a debuff. As a debuff, it's subject to shrugging, debuff immunity, and a number of other interactions that don't tend to affect Passive abilities.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. Otherwise, I'd ask that the game team take a look at this so we can get a fix. I've made a video showcasing this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklZFHMObm4

did you open a ticket on Kabam support? they should fix the text or the mechanics: one of these 2 stuff are not working as intended.