**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 Star Sig Stone Generosity for F2P

tafretafre Posts: 631 ★★★★
I would like to thank whoever designed the special objectives, we are getting 10 random stones and 10 generic stones such generosity. Thank you for listening to us and giving us this many sig stones, honestly it is a bit too much. Such a spot on addition...

Comments

• Options
    Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    at least it’s something
  • Options
    PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I agree, sig stones are a necessary resource that are incredibly overvalued. We need way more.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    tafre said:

I would like to thank whoever designed the special objectives, we are getting 10 random stones and 10 generic stones such generosity. Thank you for listening to us and giving us this many sig stones, honestly it is a bit too much. Such a spot on addition...

Typical rude comment that also is factually incorrect. F2P and smaller spenders play a massive role in Freemium Game economies. Whales don't buy items so much as they buy an advantage over other players. Take away the F2P and small time spenders and you'd see whales disappear with them.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

Typical rude comment that also is factually incorrect. F2P and smaller spenders play a massive role in Freemium Game economies. Whales don't buy items so much as they buy an advantage over other players. Take away the F2P and small time spenders and you'd see whales disappear with them.
    What? How does a F2P person leaving the game impact whales? F2P has no impact on any economic bottom line.

Let's test this theory out. Go to your favorite retailer. As them tons of questions. Look at displays, use their bathrooms.and working promo displays for hours a day but don't spend a dime. Now ask that retailer for more stuff for free. What do you think they will say? Think they'll bend over backwards since you have "so much impact" on their bottom line? Nope didn't think so.

Whales are going to exist regardless.of F2P. They are whales for a reason. They pay their way to get ahead. F2P don't add anything to any games' economy.
  • Options
    tafre said:

tafre said:

So as a F2P person, what do you do have to offer that keeps this game going? Exactly. Quit complaining.
    You just come here to piss people off I am guessing. First of all your assumption that I am f2p is invalid, nowhere in the post did I say that I was f2p I buy some offers from time to time, I am just looking for the ones who are unlike you. Just go elsewhere since you know how much people have been complaining about the availability of sig stones and this is just not it.
    There is a sig stone offer today. Buy it if you want more. If they are F2P they should be happy they can get extra for free this month.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

tafre said:

So as a F2P person, what do you do have to offer that keeps this game going? Exactly. Quit complaining.
    As someone who took his time to read this post and comment on it..what constructive thing did u add??
    Nothing
    But still this post took your time in both reading and replying,the same way the game takes time for FTP players as well as the whales...to say that FTP players shouldn't complain is like saying that the people who are dependent on the government shouldnt complain about the policies implemented by the government
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

What? How does a F2P person leaving the game impact whales? F2P has no impact on any economic bottom line.

Let's test this theory out. Go to your favorite retailer. As them tons of questions. Look at displays, use their bathrooms.and working promo displays for hours a day but don't spend a dime. Now ask that retailer for more stuff for free. What do you think they will say? Think they'll bend over backwards since you have "so much impact" on their bottom line? Nope didn't think so.

Whales are going to exist regardless.of F2P. They are whales for a reason. They pay their way to get ahead. F2P don't add anything to any games' economy.
    Eh, saying f2p players mean nothing to a developer is just silly. Granted a true f2p player means far less to an established game than a new one in particular as playerbase metrics are most useful when trying to get funding. They're still not useless for an established game.

I think they're far more concentrated on conversion rates than already established spenders or non spenders though. How many new players become occasional spenders and then of those become regular spenders would be where I'd think their primary interest would be.

For any game to live as long as this one you need people that spend and those that don't though. The problem is when one group feels they're more important than the other which is a problem on both sides in this game from what I've seen
  • Options

RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

Eh, saying f2p players mean nothing to a developer is just silly. Granted a true f2p player means far less to an established game than a new one in particular as playerbase metrics are most useful when trying to get funding. They're still not useless for an established game.

I think they're far more concentrated on conversion rates than already established spenders or non spenders though. How many new players become occasional spenders and then of those become regular spenders would be where I'd think their primary interest would be.

For any game to live as long as this one you need people that spend and those that don't though. The problem is when one group feels they're more important than the other which is a problem on both sides in this game from what I've seen
    All I'm saying is they don't effect them bottom line. Developers need them as the entire player base do help fine tune things in the way of experience. But saying that they are owed extra because they are F2P and dont get the same stuff as a P2P player is wrong.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

All I'm saying is they don't effect them bottom line. Developers need them as the entire player base do help fine tune things in the way of experience. But saying that they are owed extra because they are F2P and dont get the same stuff as a P2P player is wrong.
    To be fair, the amount of sig stones available in general to be earned as opposed to bought is pretty horrendous.

Regardless, I'm just saying the game needs both groups. Saying the whales don't need f2p players is just as ridiculous as the f2p people that complain about spenders as there definitely wouldn't be any game if no one spent.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Without the large F2P base then the game population as a whole would be hugely diminished and there would be very little motivation for spenders to spend. Every single mobile game builds their F2P base in the hopes that a small minority of them will spend. Most mobiles draw ad revenue out of these players, MCOC probably less so on the ad front as there aren’t any in this particular game and they’re backed by the massive IP that is Marvel, but F2P players play a critical role.

I was happy with the sig stones, 10 generics are nice, along with the crystals it’s certainly a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

No one said that. You editorialized again. Classic straw man argument.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

tafre said:

Without f2p players, the player base would be way smaller. And they offer great feedback. Rude comment.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

tafre said:

This is a free video game. Not a retailer.