**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cosmic 6* ag for drax?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★

I personally enjoy Drax and he gets a Decent Boost with his Awakened Ability, but I'd suggest saving it for Carnage, Venom, or maybe Venom The Duck.
    Carnage probably being the 6 Star Cosmic with the Most Valuable Sig Ability, one you'd want to use a Cosmic Awakening Gem on anyways, that Power Gain boosting his near Unrivaled Bleed Damage makes him a Literal Bloodthirsty Monster unfortunately with no real Utility though.
    Champions like Cap Marvel Movie and Venom are better champions Overall but don't really Need their Awakened Ability to get s**t done, and Carnage can do everything Drax does but 10x Better.

That's exactly what I think.
    The thing is if I keep waiting for champ I may never pull, I will probably end up not using those. That's where I am atm with 5* champs - never got those I wanted, have 2 generic gems and many class gems collecting dust in inventory.
    And most cosmic champs don't even need it, I'd only use it on hype, og thor, ronan, carnage. Others either don't need it, or I don't like them (like cull). And only one of them is available as a 6*. Drax's sig looks good on paper, so I wanted to see what other people think.
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Save the gem (for whom?)
    I would save for CMM, Cull, VTD, Proxima or Venom. However, back in the day, I awakened my 5* Drax to do my initial LOL run, so I do have a soft spot for him.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

I personally enjoy Drax and he gets a Decent Boost with his Awakened Ability, but I'd suggest saving it for Carnage, Venom, or maybe Venom The Duck.
    Carnage probably being the 6 Star Cosmic with the Most Valuable Sig Ability, one you'd want to use a Cosmic Awakening Gem on anyways, that Power Gain boosting his near Unrivaled Bleed Damage makes him a Literal Bloodthirsty Monster unfortunately with no real Utility though.
    Champions like Cap Marvel Movie and Venom are better champions Overall but don't really Need their Awakened Ability to get s**t done, and Carnage can do everything Drax does but 10x Better.

The thing is if I keep waiting for champ I may never pull, I will probably end up not using those. That's where I am atm with 5* champs - never got those I wanted, have 2 generic gems and many class gems collecting dust in inventory.
    And most cosmic champs don't even need it, I'd only use it on hype, og thor, ronan, carnage. Others either don't need it, or I don't like them (like cull). And only one of them is available as a 6*. Drax's sig looks good on paper, so I wanted to see what other people think.
    For me, it's more about which characters I enjoy playing with. Of course I could awaken my Blade, but I'm going to awaken my Taskmaster instead just for the fun of it. I enjoy Taskmaster much more than Blade, and that's what's most important to me.
  • Options
    @Notsavage19 That's what I do actually) I rank up champs I enjoy. Got ht and took him strait to r2, not I have 3 r2 science champ with pretty similar utility (also have rulk and void), and I like all of them. 3 of 6 r2 champ are science, all incinerate immune... I don't rank corvus, as I don't like him.
    The problem is I don't really have any cosmic I'd enjoy. On the other hand, I wouldn't complete aol as fast as effective, if I used good instead of sym supreme. I have and like both of them, but one is just better then another in terms of damage, have to consider it as well.
    And finally, I don't have any 6* cosmic I'd really love that much. And I won't get one for half a year best case scenario. So if drax is good, it would actually make sense to aweken him
  • Options
    @Fallencircus, so he does benefit from awekening that much?
    CMM - just no for me, Cull or Proxima - maybe, but not sure. VTD and Venom don't really need it? Would've use it on carnage maybe for his power gain... But if drax is comparable to sl in terms of damage, I'd say he's worth it?
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    I cant believe this is a thing
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Yeah I'm definitely not one to hold on to Items like that forever either, cause where's the Fun in it? We play this game to have fun, what I do is when i get something like an Awakening Gem I say "Ok if my next Champion Crystal doesn't Awaken this Champion or give me a better one then I will use the Gem on this one." because yeah you might get a better Champion later and that is a bit annoying but you're still having fun with that champion you Awakened and you could always get more Items like that later or Dupe that other good champion out of a Crystal later.
    Anyways Drax isn't the Worst option, One it'll make the 3 Day Guardian Use Event easier and Two with the recent announcement of Monthly Revamps to older Champions Drax could receive a Buff/Potency Increase making him more in line with today's Champions.