**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Saved Mastery Builds Addressed in Dev Diaries?

Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I’m hoping I just missed it when reading through the various Dev Diaries, but I don't think I saw anything related to this.

Will there be a handful (say 1-4, depending on your progression level) of mastery setups in the near future where you can complete them one time, save them, and then just choose between them rather than the current system?

Even if costs units to swap between setups, we have needed this option for a very long while.

Comments

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Well my comment asking about that was deleted so I’m guessing notz
  • Options
    Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    Mauled said:

I don’t get why mastery changes are such a tough sell. Even if they want to charge for them, just give a saved build options and make it the same unit cost. Or on the flip side, make it free and keep it how it is so at least the tedium is justified. We already spend potentially tens of thousands of units unlocking things.

The best argument I’ve seen against mastery builds/free changes is exploitation during AQ/AW and questing where you switch up for one fight. Don’t see why masteries can’t just be locked when a quest or war starts.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

I don’t get why mastery changes are such a tough sell. Even if they want to charge for them, just give a saved build options and make it the same unit cost. Or on the flip side, make it free and keep it how it is so at least the tedium is justified. We already spend potentially tens of thousands of units unlocking things.

The best argument I’ve seen against mastery builds/free changes is exploitation during AQ/AW and questing where you switch up for one fight. Don’t see why masteries can’t just be locked when a quest or war starts.
    That argument is still pretty weak though. It's open to exploit already. It just costs some units. In the scheme of serious AW and mad races to 100% everything on day 1, 200 units might as well be nothing. That's not a deterrent. It's just an annoyance.