**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red Without Suicides

I can awaken and take my 5 Star to Rank 5 with full signature 200 level... but I don’t run suicides.

My maxed 4 Star hasn’t really convinced me that Omega is great without suicides from my ROL testing.

I’m very picky taking my 5 stars to Rank 5 (I only have 6 at that level) but I definitely see the utility in Omega (e.g. tentacle hits avoid passive damage, regeneration potential, damage over time for all-or-nothing nodes, double immune, etc.).

Can you please respond to this poll if you have Omega and you don’t run suicides? I’m very interested to see the community thoughts before I make my decision.

Omega Red Without Suicides 46 votes

He’s still Top 5
17%
ScholiaAetherealVoidKDSuperFlash10King_Leo321SaintLaurentDonAouxWouxBollandCowabunga 8 votes
He’s probably Top 10
21%
SpiderCoolsspaceoctopusInfinityheartSarvanga1_PlinkoOmedennTheInfintySneakyWarriorMrChunkyHamoBlamo51 10 votes
Definitely in the Top 20 because of his utility
32%
Lvernon15Panchulon21LmaoDr_Z01dbergCrumb3307TimeGenesisPřìņče01OctoberstacklowlevelplayerFlashSpideyAayush19MathgeekSavageTopShagger69Majeste 15 votes
Only Top 21-50 without suicides
28%
GamerForwardWorknprogressAleorCiciliatoKill_GreyMay_The_WayErosenseiogBonzodavidWarzone_Blaster08ShenkNimsKetchumDilmes77 13 votes

Comments

• Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★

I had my Omega at R5 sig 200 for well over a year before I got suicides recently. Used him an absolute ton in AW, AQ, Variants and Act 6 100% without them. I would I go for it.

Apart from the heal, I’ve found suicides haven’t made that much of a difference. Still easily the best mutant without them if you ask me

Is there something I’m missing? My 4 Star Corvus makes me dream of a 5 or 6 Star because it’s so easy to see his damage potential.

But with omega, the degenerative abilities must really scale up on a 5 Star. I’m just scared to take him up and then never use him.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I had my Omega at R5 sig 200 for well over a year before I got suicides recently. Used him an absolute ton in AW, AQ, Variants and Act 6 100% without them. I would I go for it.

Apart from the heal, I’ve found suicides haven’t made that much of a difference. Still easily the best mutant without them if you ask me

As someone with both 5 and 6* Omega that doesn't run suicides I'm gonna strongly disagree here. The only time Omega is gonna beat out mutants like Domino or Sunspot without suicides is when you need his immunity, resistance, or it's some sort of thorns node. I'd even take Colossus in a lot of situations over Omega without suicides
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

As someone with both 5 and 6* Omega that doesn't run suicides I'm gonna strongly disagree here. The only time Omega is gonna beat out mutants like Domino or Sunspot without suicides is when you need his immunity, resistance, or it's some sort of thorns node. I'd even take Colossus in a lot of situations over Omega without suicides
    Can’t speak for Domino, but I used my Omega way more throughout Act 6 than Sunspot or Colossus despite having all 3 at R5. That was just my experience though. Colossus was brought occasionally and sunspot was used on a few paths but Omega was on my team for half the paths or something. I also generally bring Omega to war and AQ while I’ve never brought Sunspot or Colossus to either. That would depend on your path though

Can’t speak for Domino, but I used my Omega way more throughout Act 6 than Sunspot or Colossus despite having all 3 at R5. That was just my experience though. Colossus was brought occasionally and sunspot was used on a few paths but Omega was on my team for half the paths or something. I also generally bring Omega to war and AQ while I’ve never brought Sunspot or Colossus to either. That would depend on your path though

Yeah all of those things, especially Act 6, have really specific requirements.

Omega is a great champ regardless of mastery setup. I just think that if you aren't using suicides and bringing sabertooth in particular with you, there are better options without suicides. With suicides though, top of the pile very easily as long as he's highish sig
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    He’s still Top 5
    He's easily top 5 without suicides. I use my Omega Red without suicides and he's insanely good.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    He’s still Top 5
    OR is amazing without suicides. Yes, matches are shorter with suicides but if you can cycle the 10 spores then he is still amazing. Suicides makes him more sustainable IMO

He's easily top 5 without suicides. I use my Omega Red without suicides and he's insanely good.

That's just silly honestly

Omega is a great champ regardless of mastery setup. I just think that if you aren't using suicides and bringing sabertooth in particular with you, there are better options without suicides. With suicides though, top of the pile very easily as long as he's highish sig
    I can definitely see your point. I do think that content is becoming more specific lately and that is just making him more and more invaluable. I haven’t seen too much of a difference with suicides but then again, not had any difficult content to compare with.

For day to day, yeah, Domino with trinity will probably crush him. Although that’s true for most champs

I can definitely see your point. I do think that content is becoming more specific lately and that is just making him more and more invaluable. I haven’t seen too much of a difference with suicides but then again, not had any difficult content to compare with.

For day to day, yeah, Domino with trinity will probably crush him. Although that’s true for most champs

Yeah domino with synergies for everyday stuff as long as you can stun and they aren't incinerate immune will roll through things far faster and easier. Omega definitely has some value even without suicides and is an easy rank up for anyone in my opinion but he really shines by just ending stuff super fast with his death field from suicides.

There really isn't anyone that should pass on him as he can get through some really tricky stuff easily and ignore a lot of nodes with the passive damage. I just don't think he's a go to for almost everything without suicides like he is with them.

Yeah domino with synergies for everyday stuff as long as you can stun and they aren't incinerate immune will roll through things far faster and easier. Omega definitely has some value even without suicides and is an easy rank up for anyone in my opinion but he really shines by just ending stuff super fast with his death field from suicides.

There really isn't anyone that should pass on him as he can get through some really tricky stuff easily and ignore a lot of nodes with the passive damage. I just don't think he's a go to for almost everything without suicides like he is with them.
    I can agree with that. I still think he’s amazing without them but it is just purely for utility. With suicides he becomes a lane clearer as well. He has a place in everyone’s roster regardless of masteries as you said.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Definitely in the Top 20 because of his utility
    He’s still a very good champ, damahe is solid and utility is amazing, he has a much larger ramp up then with suicides though. Without them I’d argue he’s the 2nd best mutant behind colossus, thiugh he’s much closer to aa and sunspot, he’s still a very useful champ and is worth 5-65 imo though
    Mcord117 said:

I took omega to r2 without dupe just to pair with colossus. I have domino at r2 as well. I take colossus over all of them provided you have omega on the team as well
    To each their own but that's not even a question for me personally. As much as I rate colossus, I have both Domino and Omega ranked while Colossus sits at R4 waiting for me to have a glut of resources and no one to use them on
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287

I have Domino and OR at r5 and suicide active.From pure damage potential he is nowhere near Domino with her trinity and OR with sabertooth. But a lot more sustainable and shines when needed to end the fight in minimum number of hits. But own progression in game is nowhere near yours, so there is a strong possibility I am missing something.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    He’s still Top 5
    I use Omega red without Suicides if he is sig 200 then go for it.
  • KthunderKthunder Posts: 54
    I just duped my 6 * OR over the weekend and am trying to decide if I should Rank 2 him. Don't run suicides and he is only 68 sig level. Thoughts?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    He’s still Top 5
    Kthunder said:

I just duped my 6 * OR over the weekend and am trying to decide if I should Rank 2 him. Don't run suicides and he is only 68 sig level. Thoughts?

Rank 2 him