**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question re: Diss Track and Human Torch

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
In side quest, against Longshot, was placing 3-plus incincerates on him and doing no damage. Saw at least 5 on him at one point. (Sorry I did not record this.)

What am I missing? Sunspot worked fine, BTW.

Comments

• Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Were you applying nova flames?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

If you activate the flame on he will do 0 damage, don’t activate his flame on and your gtg.
    Usual kabam f up

That might have been it. Thanks!

I see it now in the description, under Nova Form. Sorry to waste everyone's time.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

Edeuink said:

If you activate the flame on he will do 0 damage, don’t activate his flame on and your gtg.
    Usual kabam f up

Nova flames are passive effects, not debuffs, so they don’t count as debuffs for diss track.
    So buffs are active and passive but debuffs are only active ?
    Buffs and debuffs are always ACTIVE abilities. Neither of them are passive abilities.

• Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Edeuink said:

Usual kabam f up

Nova flames are passive effects, not debuffs, so they don’t count as debuffs for diss track.
    So buffs are active and passive but debuffs are only active ?
    Buffs and debuffs are always ACTIVE abilities. Neither of them are passive abilities.

Imiw has a passive armour
    Your point?

Whether it's on you or the opponent, a passive is still a passive.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Gotta know the differences before blaming kabam.

If you activate a passive on a debuff immune it will trigger (hence why torch is so good against debuff immune champs on war with flame on!).

If you bleed gladiator hulk with fury he will lose health and only regen from willpower. If you activate internal bleed (after 8 bleeds) then you will trigger face me because his internal bleed is a passive effect.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Usual kabam f up

I used Fury (among others) and you have to know not to activate internal bleeds. That's a passive and therefore would not count as a debuff. If you didn't realize, then now you know. But don't blame kabam, this distinction is important for many interactions throughout the game.
    So where does it say all this? Looking for the bit to explain what a buff,Dubuff and passive is? What section of the game?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/176360/frequently-asked-questions-about-combat-and-combat-mechanics#latest
  • Options
    edited July 2020

So passive means “ can be actively doing something but at the same time passive”
    And there is no such thing as a “ passive buff/Dubuff” ?

What...? Passive effects are those that aren't active, or in other words effects that don't interact with abilities that strictly target active effects buffs/debuffs, like tenacity, buffet, nullify, etc.

To get this as wrong as you do one really needs to actively not inform themselves about the game they're playing.
    So you can’t have a passive effect that interacts with a buff/ deduff?
    A passive effect can't be altered in the way buffs can get nullified and debuffs shrugged off.

• Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

So passive means “ can be actively doing something but at the same time passive”
    And there is no such thing as a “ passive buff/Dubuff” ?

What...? Passive effects are those that aren't active, or in other words effects that don't interact with abilities that strictly target active effects buffs/debuffs, like tenacity, buffet, nullify, etc.

To get this as wrong as you do one really needs to actively not inform themselves about the game they're playing.
    So you can’t have a passive effect that interacts with a buff/ deduff?
    How are you Cavalier?
    Could ask the same of you
    Oh. Very simple. I was one of the first 100 guys to explore 6.1 for the Cavalier title.
    You actually dont need to explore 6.1 to get cavalier, just need the initial completion.