**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LoL Matchmaking

How

Comments

• SouTrickSouTrick Posts: 15
    How on earth my Alliance having AW with alliance having prestige of 5949 Which is more than double of ours. What a joke , unfair by all means !!!!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    SouTrick said:

How on earth my Alliance having AW with alliance having prestige of 5949 Which is more than double of ours. What a joke , unfair by all means !!!!

Your war ratings are identical Much like this being the 100th matchmaking thread made on this since war began. It's completely fair.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    try reading the announcements
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Didn't you read the announcement? Kabam Joe implemented a new matchmaking system called updog, you can read all about it here .

did I just get rickrolled?
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
    This is crazy Kabam. Sure war rating is close, but come on, my alliance prestige is what, 10x higher?

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    wars should be based on war rating. there will be a transition period but it's for the greater good
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
    QuikPik said:

Skunc said:

This is crazy Kabam. Sure war rating is close, but come on, my alliance prestige is what, 10x higher?

And you're not outraged that a 900 prestige alliance had a 2000 war rating before this season?
    At this point I don’t know what to think.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,071 ★★★★
    @QuikPik and @Skunc - I can't find the post now, but it was admitted that under the prior system an alliance of just 3*s would never fight a tougher team but would continue to always match similar prestige teams, regardless of their rating.

So you could get a 1k to 2k prestige alliance getting high gold or plat rewards and never have to fight a challenging team. It was wrong..
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Thing is @Skunc until these changes they were the ones taking your rewards but never having to face you, the system was broken this is a correction, and it’s going to be ugly for a few wars at least, but will end up fairer than the system that gave 900 prestige alliances and 10k prestige alliances like mine silver 1 rewards, we ran 3bg all season, used boosts and resources and have spent years ranking up 5/65 defenders. For silver 1 rewards, ie 3* and 4* shards
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    @Moosetiptronic Oh I know, I've been pointing out the flaws in prestige match making for several seasons. I even created a test alliance that is 3k that got to tier 4 just to show how broken it is.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    as others have said it was due to a previously broken unfair matchmaking system that has allowed small alliances to climb up higher than larger alliances where they did not belong.

now the matchmaking algorithm is changed there will be some bad matchups while the system corrects itself.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Didn't you read the announcement? Kabam Joe implemented a new matchmaking system called updog, you can read all about it here .

I haven't actually laughed out loud like that in a few days. Well played sir.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    An alliance with 900 prestige finished in silver 1 last season?? My god, it’s worse than I thought.

Getting T2a, T4b and 5* shards as rewards but don’t even have max 4*??
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    QuikPik said:

Skunc said:

And you're not outraged that a 900 prestige alliance had a 2000 war rating before this season?
    Wow. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s almost like people can’t read these days.

There will be an adjustment period while war ratings correctly settle. Some fights are going to be equal, some are going to be horrendous and some are going to be a cake walk. By the end of the season it should have all settled properly.

At least you’re not playing someone who cleared out your node 23 NF with a R1 4* Sunspot...(tier 2 war btw). Needs to be harder to mod