**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unlocking Champs Used in Abyss Runs

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
Having just done an initial completion of Labyrinth of Legends, I can only imagine how much fatigue and/or stress can be experienced in doing runs in the Abyss.

Then I got to thinking that marathon-like content wouldn't be as stressful or tiresome if the champions deployed there weren't locked during the run. Definitely, there are the arguments to this, like that people use boosts during Abyss runs, that only last for a limited time, and a change like this wouldn't be that impactful. But a small amount of flexibility is still flexibility. Not having to dedicate a large amount of a day and pushing yourself to finish the run as quickly as possible to free the deployed champs (for story quests, other event quests, AQ, or AW) is a welcome convenience.

The Abyss will still be as tough as it has always been. This may just contribute to reducing the pressure on people while they are taking on the challenge.

Just my honest opinion. Cheers 🍻

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    lots of people do abyss runs in parts, maybe one or two hours at a time
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I did my first Abyss run over the course of four days and my second and third over the course of two. Just take your time with it.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I did my run across 3 days. Just take a break when you need to.

And yes they should be locked. If you don't want to affect your AW then do it during offseason, better still just dont do AW.

They are permanent content, it will always be there and no-one is rushing you to complete it so no need 2 stress about complete it in X amount of time.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    The counter reason to why Kabam wouldn't want this be a thing.

You could leave your champs in there indefinitely.

There would essentially be no reason to prepare for a run, you could go in anytime, and just use whatever resources you gain in your course of daily play and apply them to your run. I believe it would diminish the accomplishment of conquering the content.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Looking back on this, it would be a huge convenience for players who are currently stuck in the Abyss with a fully ramped up, resource backed, but also bugged Ægon.