**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Effects of War on my Alliance

RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
My Alliance is 6 months old. It was started by a friend who quickly lost interest and it dried up fast, with no one playing and no leader.
I took over and recruited and entire alliance full of realatively new players. We started running war again. I believe my friend had run one and part of one and quit.
The first few wars i ran i had two full maps. We ended up facing an alliance with only one map. We walked to an easy victory. That happened again the next time and again a 3rd and 4th time, us with two maps and the opponent with one filled and one empty. By the time we got to the 5th opponent i had one full map and one empty because they were bored with logging in to move through an empty map, only this time our opponent had two full maps and we had only one and were easily beaten.
Then we had the new war season begin. I managed to get 10 in one and 5 in another...the opponent was so much bigger that it was pretty hopeless from the get go!
Now placement has started for this war and i have 4 players!
I don't suppose anybody considered new players, new alliances and lower tier alliances through this whole process of reworking war. But the net result in my starter alliance is that none of the summoners care to play because they were faced off with ridiculously larger opponents than any of them have in their rosters.
Or we face off with empty maps!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Alliances that work on voluntary participation in war just don’t work. Either accept half your wars at least will be lost causes, or get kicking until you have a full 30 committed players.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Our alliance runs 2BG wars, super casual. Good thing is, we have commited players that want to help out the alliance. Our wars are pretty much auto-pilot. No need for officers running anything, we just place AWD, the leader arranges defenders, and we just fight. No micro-management, no reporting every death, its super chill. We win around 80% of them as well. My advice is to find a good alliance with active players
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That is awesome! A war event that lasts two days longer than war??? I am referring to the solo war event! Wow! You could not release it on time??? My bad! they do line up but it was a little to late two wars in.
    I ended up with 7 placed in war 1 and none in war two and one of the seven who placed bailed when he saw our opponents were 3 times his size. Had the solo event launched sooner i might have gotten more players and the one who bailed might still be in the game.
    If it will bring them back i guess we will find out?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    You’re playing war in an alliance where people can’t spend a minute placing defenders. Can’t blame kabam for that, that’s an issue in your alliance for you to deal with however you see fit.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    When I started my Alliance 2 years ago, it was a slow start and we faced the same problem but over time I started focusing on building my management team. Now we have one officer who specifically recruits, another that is on top of everyone to join the AW and another who is always on top of making sure AQ/AW's are always running with the appropriate maps.

As a leader, I support all these position by assisting my officers in their roles and I am one usually one of the top MVP in the war. This is one of my contributions to my team as I take on the hardest nodes so they can advance forward.

Having a team with specific roles makes a huge difference.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    These are all new players and no body likes going to the playground over and over again to get pounded by a bully and then told! "Don't worry! After you have been beaten up enough it will stop!"
    The fact we got as many war points as we did wasn't from skillful play! Most of them haven't played many wars.
    I am working on a different agenda than you! I am not protecting my status and my claim, i am trying to keep this hollowed out game alive by keeping new player.
    And this was not well played when it comes to new players.
    I am doing something some of the kabam shills and sycophants should be doing! Cultivating a next generation of players.
  • Options
    SkitardSkitard Posts: 55

My issue with wars right now is the matchmaking... we are gold 2 and I expect a hard fight... but a fair fight should also be given to us...
  • Options
    SkitardSkitard Posts: 55
    I mean come on kabam... may as well throw a stone 3 alliance against a platinum 1... the last war we ayed our enemies were 3 times more powerful than us...
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Gold 2 vs gold 2 should be a fair fight. Since it isn't this just highlights how horrible the matches have been for 10 plus seasons. It will balance out and many alliances who have been in G2 or higher will no longer be there.

How about the effects of the past 10 seasons of bad matchmaking, which forced a level of stress that was unhealthy. One where if you died in AW you could get kicked. This forced a revolving door of recruiting and making guys quit AW because matchmaking was so horrible and pressure to win was just ridiculous. This system will balance out. It will be fair eventually. It will reach a point where every single alliance will reach a level of competition they can't win every single war. Thus making it a 50/50 fair match. That's all everyone wants.
  • Options
    Skitard said:

My issue with wars right now is the matchmaking... we are gold 2 and I expect a hard fight... but a fair fight should also be given to us...

Quite frankly neither of you should be in gold 2...
    My alliance is rated 10mil less than our current opponents, but we are still giving them a run for their money as deaths are almost equal and both are 1/3 of the way through the map.
  • Options
    ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    saying 2 groups that are in Gold 2 are evenly matched is just not relevant. Gold 2 is a huge bracket - my group was Gold 2 as recently as 2 seasons ago, with a prestige around 8k and ave member rating in the 800k range.

The problem is the war rating - they are leaning heavily on matching on war rating more than other metrics, and these 2 groups are evenly matched, according to that number....obviously they are not even..but as long as matchmaking depends on a number that can go up or down based on wins and losses, someone's always gonna get the short end of the stick.
  • Options
    They download then quit. By the thousands based on all the dead alliances. Downloading the game doesn't prove the base is growing or that new player numners are increasing. War is one of the things players are most excited about when they start but not for long. Empty maps, uneven matchups, starting their own alliances, not leading, not knowing how, and before long no one logs in and no one plays. I recruited most of these guys from dead alliances, alliances where they were one of 2 or 3 out of 30 playing.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    And there is the other problem. Within a couple of months they hit level 40 or 45 and don't have a roster. These guys are in their 40's and 50's and placing 3 stars and unawakened r3 4 stars because they haven't got the roster to play the material for t4b. So they grow fast but their rosters don't and after awhile that frustration leads to them quitting.
    They pull 4 star champs and don't have the gold iso or items to rank them. They don't play the arenas, they don't play war, they don't run incursions or even aqs, they run story and event quests. Then when they get bored with that they quit.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah war seasons has destroyed my 4yr alliance for 9 seasons, revolving door every season end from the Disgruntled competitive people who could see how bad we were stuck in a broken system, new system - new recruitment drive, it will be messy for a season maybe, we put up with 9 seasons of brokenness many vet alliances split over it
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I have managed to keep mine active but i boot people everyday. Any player who doesn't log in for 5 days gets the boot. But terrible war matches (first totally empty maps then full maps with level 60 summoners sporting rank 5 5 stars in their defense and attack squads) have made it almost imposible to get them to play anything but story and event quests.
  • Options
    Chimpyboy said:

saying 2 groups that are in Gold 2 are evenly matched is just not relevant. Gold 2 is a huge bracket - my group was Gold 2 as recently as 2 seasons ago, with a prestige around 8k and ave member rating in the 800k range.

The problem is the war rating - they are leaning heavily on matching on war rating more than other metrics, and these 2 groups are evenly matched, according to that number....obviously they are not even..but as long as matchmaking depends on a number that can go up or down based on wins and losses, someone's always gonna get the short end of the stick.

War rating is a number given that should (once the artificial inflation/deflation caused by several seasons worth of prestige based matchmaking has been sorted) show how competitive your alliance is compared to every other alliance in the game, it should absolutely be the primary way that matches are made.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Really what you are saying is that it is time to hammer all those alliances, who got their war ratings because they showed up and the opponent didn't, need pounded back down to the bottom to start over again so that the long time players can find their "true war ratings."
    So basically lower and new alliances are being punished because the system sucked to begin with and they gained ground and awards that the top alliances don't believe they deserved?
    And for the record i predicted that prestige was going to end up being a problen when it was first introduced 4 1/2 years ago. It took you guys long enough to figure out what i knew before it evrn went live! But when you were rockin out the prestige you didn't care. Not till it started working against you.
    I am curious? What happens when you find yourself right where you were to begin with???
    And this war solo quest is a good idea but nothing on it i am desperate for. And 10k in loyalty is kind of a joke! Loyalty it the most useless currency in the game!
    The loyalty store needs updated...it sucks!
  • Options
    Funny how you predicted that prestige based matchmaking would be a problem 2 years before it was used as the primary matchmaking metric lol.
    And as I’ve already stated, I’m against an alliance that is rated 11mil more than mine and I still consider this system better.
    Could kabam have switched back to war rating based matchmaking better? Of course. But they didn’t so everyone’s gonna just have to suck it up and land where they land.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Prestige was introduced when 5 stars were introduced, along with rarity. And 5s were introduced right at the beginning of aqs. War didn't even exist yet. Sooooo yeah i did.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Prestige was introduced when 5 stars were introduced, along with rarity. And 5s were introduced right at the beginning of aqs. War didn't even exist yet. Sooooo yeah i did.

That’s wrong. Wars were a thing even before 5*s were introduced.

People were playing wars with 4*s at R3/4 as their top champs and HB was one of the top prestige champs.

It’s hard to take you seriously when you say things like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bud i was in the beta aqs fighting for 5 star shards! I assure you there was no war back then. The beta aqs were the first time anyone faced off with 5 stars. There was a 5 star unstoppable colossus at the middle hub and an ultron (second version) as the boss.all the alliance events were awarding 5 star shards and it was the beginning of the very competative nature the game took on there after.
  • Options
    And ya know how i remember? Cause i thought, "i don't have but a handful of 4s, what do i need with a 5?"
  • Options
    And I remember when wars were introduced because my alliance got to tier 1 only facing alliances in which nobody placed anything.
    Because my alliance was incredibly organised and active compared to other alliances at our alliance rating.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That's right we were very organized. Kabam organized us. That was also one of the reasons we made the aq beta. But regardless, it's like this, the game i mean, for me it has never been a competition. See, i can enjoy snow skiing without racing you to the bottom to prove anything. I am just enjoying myself at my own pace.
    What i am trying to do is Build an active alliance , not regimented one. I help these kids pick up a few extras for ranking and run aqs at their level and allow them to place 3 stars in war if that is all they got. But this change has knocked that way back! Caused more disinterest in war. Having a hard time getting them to run aqs.
    I guesd i should take that back. War was doing before this anyway.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Skitard said:

Wow 8mil ally and was placing gold2. My ally, and severe other 25mil+ allies, couldn’t escape from silver brackets, because of they broken matchmaking for 10 seasons now. At least now it’s sorted, but Kabam should give out a symbolic compensation for all these allies that were shafted for so long now 😠
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    That’s on your ally tbf. If you’re casual about AW participation activity is going to fluctuate massively.