**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sabretooth nerf coming soon...

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
I just saw the announcement from Kaboom about ST nerf. My question is why can't they buff champs at the same speed?
If they can make changes for ST so soon, then why wait for old champs' buffs in August update only? Why make us wait till 2021?

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    it’s a legitimate bug fix.
  • Options
    Did you read the mega thread? They are only giving him a cap of 30 converted furies
  • Options
    KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★
    As far as I’m concerned, he getting better than the sabretooth I have right now. The max furies I can get with him now is like 23 and I can only keep that for 1 fight. After the “nerf”, I can get him to 30 furies and sustain them.... seems great to me!
  • Options
    I don't have a Sabretooth but still i'm only thinking about the speed at which the changes are coming.
    Why can't they buff old champs at the same speed?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It’s easier to do a bug fix than it is to buff a champion. Anyways, this is actually a net buff to Sabretooth since he couldn’t get past 21-23 furies in the game anyways. The 50+ furies thing wasn’t in the game so I don’t think it can be really counted as a nerf
  • Options
    Yesterday some youtubers had around 100+ passive furies active on Sabretooth while doing LOL and AOL. So capping it to 30 doesn't mean that they are stopping him being a good LOL and AOL option? @GinjabredMonsta @KingKevin8
  • Options
    KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★
    Mephisto said:

Yesterday some youtubers had around 100+ passive furies active on Sabretooth while doing LOL and AOL. So capping it to 30 doesn't mean that they are stopping him being a good LOL and AOL option? @GinjabredMonsta @KingKevin8

That’s true, he won’t be a top option of LOL or AOL but he’s going to be better than he ever has in game (the youtubers were on a special CCP beta)
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    From 23 max permanent passive furies to 30 isn't "nerf". Plus these 30 PPF can be maintained for full quest now.
    At the end of the day it's a buff. That synergy just made him better.
  • Options
    I agree with my mistake of calling it a nerf. But the point is why can't other buffs be fast?
    That 2 champs buffs per month is actually starting from 2021. This is what I'm worried about
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

I agree with my mistake of calling it a nerf. But the point is why can't other buffs be fast?
    That 2 champs buffs per month is actually starting from 2021. This is what I'm worried about

because this is an easy change to think about and make
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

They add a synergy which breaks Sabretooth by giving him infinite ramp up potential.
    They decide to add a limit to the ramp up.

How is this a fast buff?
    They decided to buff Sabretooth by giving him a new synergy.
    Making new synergies is an easy way to buff a champ.

(For example, Kabam buffed Abomination through Red Guardian synergy).

If kabam starts buffing all the old champs through synergies, then many people will complain why they need a said champion on the team to improve another champion?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Sabretooth is getting a buff, alongside a bug fix.
    Absolutely no nerf is happening