**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best counter for E.M.P Modification node?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
I'm running through this month EQ just want to explore Uncollected difficulty. How do to counter E.M.P Mod? Even CG is not immune to it.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    try to use champs that dont trigger that many buffs
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Shock immune champs
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    I have duped CAIW at 4/55 but dex mastery will trigger EMP right?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I use cap for it all the time. I just parry specials instead of dexing them
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Red guardian is buff immune, so it will never trigger.
    If not anyone with a god sustainable power drain, anyone with little about of buffs or a shock immune champ.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Thing is great for E.M.P
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Quake so they never throw a special attack
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Thing, Doctor Doom,Korg I can think of. Maybe Corvus. Quake no 1 option.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    would doom work? He's shock immune
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Corvus is practically shock-immune.

But CMM also benefits from it, since she gets all charged up and gets into Binary before you know it. Then it's all kinds of fun for you.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Hulk Ragnarok. Auto 80% damage reduction and +100% attack

But CMM also benefits from it, since she gets all charged up and gets into Binary before you know it. Then it's all kinds of fun for you.

Your comment betrays you. lol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Ghulk simple
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    Mephisto said:

I'm running through this month EQ just want to explore Uncollected difficulty. How do to counter E.M.P Mod? Even CG is not immune to it.

Electro
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

The shock is passive I believe. He took all that damage when I used him.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corvus doesn't work bc he's not actually shock immune and it's passive. The champs mentioned that are actually shock immune like thing, Doom, Korg, and electro work fine. Someone like Red Guardian who never gets buffs will essentially be the same. Other than that you'd need really high energy resistance like sorcerer or guardian maybe or gulk with his face me. Quake of course just ignores the node like most
    @xNig @Worknprogress i completely agree both of you, CG is taking damage from EMP now.
    1. Can Magik be a good counter since she power controls?
    2. Mephisto with Dormammu synergy had 80% energy resistance, can i use him?
    Mephisto said:

@xNig @Worknprogress i completely agree both of you, CG is taking damage from EMP now.

Yes to both. But you know that Magik’s power lock is at her sp2 so you might need to tank 1-2 stacks of EMP as you are working your way to sp2.

Meph with Dorm synergy works as well, but you won’t be totally avoiding EMP damage, nor healing from it through willpower. Therefore as the stacks increase, so will the damage taken.

Gulk is slightly different cause he regenerates back the health (hence subjected to recovery’s additional 15%) and gains additional attack which allows you to end the fight much faster.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Mephisto said:

Yes to both. But you know that Magik’s power lock is at her sp2 so you might need to tank 1-2 stacks of EMP as you are working your way to sp2.

Meph with Dorm synergy works as well, but you won’t be totally avoiding EMP damage, nor healing from it through willpower. Therefore as the stacks increase, so will the damage taken.

Gulk is slightly different cause he regenerates back the health (hence subjected to recovery’s additional 15%) and gains additional attack which allows you to end the fight much faster.
    This. Energy resistance is probably not the route you want to go unless you have absolutely no one else to counter it better. It will help but is definitely not ideal
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    As a proud owner of a Red Guardian i can tell you he is made for EMP lanes. You just play it like any other fight.

Before that, i was usually using Ghulk.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Shock Immune, Gulk, Red guaridan, Quake.
  • Bala_riyz01Bala_riyz01 Posts: 145
    doom can easily take it out without any damage
    Thank you all! I cleared the EMP lane with CAIW
  • FisticuffsFisticuffs Posts: 20
    Can't believe nobody mentioned one of the best counters to EMP... HAVOK! He gets supercharged from EMP! Just remember EMP EMPowers Havok!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Can't believe nobody mentioned one of the best counters to EMP... HAVOK! He gets supercharged from EMP! Just remember EMP EMPowers Havok!

Very true, plasma detonation left and right and about...half damage taken from the shocks!

The shock is passive I believe. He took all that damage when I used him.

Interesting. Maybe I didn't notice it due to willpower (or it doesn't work with passive damage)? Maybe I didn't notice it because Corvus ended the fight so fast, so it was a non-issue for me. Plus, mine is awakened, so... who cares about passive damage. (not flexing, I actually didn't have an issue with this node).
    xNig said:

Your comment betrays you. lol
    Meaning..?