**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Matchmaking Alliance War Season 19 - Please fix

How does matchmaking can mix two alliances with an alliance rating such different? Kabam please fix this issue. Their alliance rating is 20x plus than mine.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks even to me. Newly formed alliance. Working their way up
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

soundiaka said:

How does matchmaking can mix two alliances with an alliance rating such different? Kabam please fix this issue. Their alliance rating is 20x plus than mine.

No fix for u get gud scrub /joke
    Nah. It’s not his fault tbh. It just happens that this new alliance started this season at 0 ratings and won their last 2 wars. This will happen if relatively stronger alliances want to start afresh from 0.
  • Options
    DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    Wars need to be based on rating plain and simple. It will all even out soon.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Arsoz said:

soundiaka said:

No fix for u get gud scrub /joke
    Nah. It’s not his fault tbh. It just happens that this new alliance started this season at 0 ratings and won their last 2 wars. This will happen if relatively stronger alliances want to start afresh from 0.
    Yeah it is too bad there isn't a trivial way to start an alliance at some prestige-driven approximation rating other than zero, but that's not as simple as it sounds in the general case without creating more exploit opportunities. But starting new alliances at zero is probably one of the corner case that should be looked at eventually.
    The willingness to earn PHC and 3* shards for those members though.. lol

Anyway, if a starting war rating is prestige driven it’ll just be worse. One could simple get 1 guy at decent prestige to start a new alliance, then take in members after that to artificially increase/lower war ratings.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's no consolation. A 1 Mil Alliance should NEVER come up against a 20 Mil. Ever.
  • Options
    AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    New matchmaking is awesome. So far we met only alliances 2k prestige below us. How those alliances were getting rewards better than us, if they can not beat us?
  • Options
    thumar_11thumar_11 Posts: 4
    Ideally they should also consider average player rating for matchmaking.
    Only considering war rating will create these issues a lot.

We faced same situation in season 19.

Our average player rating is 140k and opponent average player rating is 750k.
    How can we say this a fair match.

System should not go for only one parameter. They should also consider others to have fair match making. My point of view is to consider both war and average player ratings
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    thumar_11 said:

Ideally they should also consider average player rating for matchmaking.
    Only considering war rating will create these issues a lot.

We faced same situation in season 19.

Our average player rating is 140k and opponent average player rating is 750k.
    How can we say this a fair match.

System should not go for only one parameter. They should also consider others to have fair match making. My point of view is to consider both war and average player ratings

Why should it? If 2 alliances are fighting for platinum (an example, replace with whatever reward bracket you like) then they should most definitely have the potential to be matched together, doesn’t matter what their average player rating, alliance rating or prestige is.
    My alliance is fighting an opponent right now that is 2k prestige below us, but they finished plat 4 last season because it wouldn’t match them against stronger alliances.

My alliance is currently beating these guys, and you’re telling me they deserved the rewards platinum rewards when my alliance got gold 1 despite winning 8 or 9 of the 12 wars.
    Nah mate they got platinum rewards by pummelling alliances at the same rating/prestige as them whilst alliances much stronger had to duke it out for worse rewards.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I don't see how this is gonna fix anything. AND "be over soon"?? The last war we faced a totally empty map, this war we are facing a primarily Chinese alliance with 5 and 6 stars placed and 5 and 6 stars for attack and we have guys placing and attacking with 3 stars and 4 stars (unawakened) this is just ****! 10 of them and 7 of us. What is this actually proving? By the end only gold and platinum alliance will be playong war at all...the rest of us will quit if this goes on for a solid month! And the solo event is a joke! Points for killing? On an empty map? Points for dropping a ranked 6 star with a 3 star??? Better and more fun ways to get a 3 star a 4 star and a piddling handful of 5 star shards...
    THiS IS! FLAT OUT! NO FUN AT ALL!
    I couldn't fill one war group so i cut us from two battle groups to one and i still can't pull 10 players. Nobody wants their best champs locked up in a hopless and useless endeavor.
    What we are getting, might get or will get isn't worth it!
    We are a little over 6 month old and all i can say is if our war ratings got so high as to be a match for these guys??? Well they musta sucked!!! They out weigh us so much it is like facing off a bantam weight fighter against a heavy weight! Just rediculous!
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    if you fight based on prestige you get unfair season rankings.
    you end up with 5mil alliances up in t5 fighting only other 5mil alliances taking the gold 1 rewards while you have 30mil alliances down in t12 fighting only 30mil alliances getting only silver 1 rewards.
    no 5 mil alliance deserves to get greater rewards than a 30mil alliance.
    so there may be some "unfair" matches but a few "unfair" matches in a season is much more favorable than a totally "unfair" season and season rankings.
    you can't put alliances into bracket but then rank them all on the same leaderboard for the same rewards. it just doesnt work. no park footy team deserves to get EPL prize money cus they beat all the other park teams.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Makes perfect sense they can be where they were in a month. Facing little alliances like mine for 50, 60 points a piece and climb fast. But the same stuff is gonna happen! Alliances like mine will get rating points on no shows and suddenly be at a tier we aren't ready to handle...frankly this is just gonna kill war for everybody but gold, platinum and master tiers.
  • Options
    Rap said:

512 is our rating and we got cut in half so we were just over 1000 before this. AND there is no question and i will not argue that we did not get that rating from skill. Unfortunatley it mostly came from facing "no show" alliances. So basically we are now getting the **** beat out of us and it is all because we showed up to play and the alliances the War matching system faced us off with didn't show! So in essence we are being brutally punished for wanting to play when others didn't. I didn't even want to run war for that reason! Lock up 8 champs to face nobody? But there are players who are new and wanted to try it so i ran 2 battle groups...about to stop running it at all. This has only been done to appeases the spenders and protect the t5b from getting handed out in too great of numbers...or to make sure it gets to the whales!
    I think we will protest by placing 2 stars so we get the placement points for solo...that is about all the the points my guys are getting anyway!

Right you play 2BGs so half your problem is that.
    I can guarantee half of your problems would be sorted by running 3BGs.
    It’s not kabams fault that half your opponents are incompetent and the other half were trapped in low tiers because of prestige matchmaking (ok that part is kabams fault).
  • Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    1MM vs 20MM does suck but is a very short term problem.

What is worse is when a 10MM alliance finishes higher than a 30MM alliance in the season rankings because of the old matchmaking system. I know I know "they won more than they lost". But in reality the 30MM alliance if matched with the 10MM alliance would crush them. In most cases I believe the 30MM alliance could switch rosters with the 10MM alliance and still win the war. That is how over matched the 10MM alliance that was finishing higher is in every way.

This proves out now when most of these alliances can't even finish the map.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    And that was whose fault? They pulled a few extra rewards on the way up then they get pushed back down...but the cry babies at the top can't stand loosing a single shard? Or it is beneath them to face off with a lower alliance? How is that the lower tier alliances fault? "Boo hoo!" A tiny punny lil alliance took our stuff!" So it is more fair for us to beat down a bunch of small alliances and take their stuff!
    And in the end this is all so you can insure you get your t5b and five stars!
    Because you are so greatly skilled you deserve it huh?
    If that alliance got where they are by cheating then they need removed from war. If they didn't? Then it was the **** matching systems fault not theirs! SO all the newer and smaller alliances get these rediculous matches and everybody is happy at the top? Good for you!
    And do please explain how running 3 maps with two of them empty is going to help us?! I would really like to know how that genius idea will work in our favor!
  • Options
    edited July 2020

A very good point has been brought up that exposes a way to "cheat" your way through a war season. Ever since they removed the treasury, there is no longer any reason to keep an alliance. Instead of using shell alliances to gain an edge as in previous seasons, now all alliances have to do is just start a new alliance and have everyone jump in. Same folks, new alliance, 0 war rating to start and BAM, they can run through the season facing other low rating alliances who are actually low rated! This could become a huge problem!!!

Except the multiplier is so low, even winning all 12 wars at that multiplier will not net you substantial rewards if you’re that overpowered to begin with.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I can see this being an issue if someone start a new alliance every season with average 30 million alliance rating they can steam roll their way to the top after 12 wars and prob end in plat 3 due to easy match up and just start a shell alliance and move the next season, i have seen some 40 million alliance matching against an alliance thats 10 million I'M sure these are new 40 million alliance but its just odd that a new alliance is at 40 million, and im sure when season end they will be at plat 3 or 2 and prob start a another new alliance next season.
  • Options
    xNig said:

A very good point has been brought up that exposes a way to "cheat" your way through a war season. Ever since they removed the treasury, there is no longer any reason to keep an alliance. Instead of using shell alliances to gain an edge as in previous seasons, now all alliances have to do is just start a new alliance and have everyone jump in. Same folks, new alliance, 0 war rating to start and BAM, they can run through the season facing other low rating alliances who are actually low rated! This could become a huge problem!!!

Except the multiplier is so low, even winning all 12 wars at that multiplier will not net you substantial rewards if you’re that overpowered to begin with.
    well if you are winning war where you explore 100 and the other alliace don't have a change and you gain full points x your multiplier then yeah you can end up in Plat3 the lease. Keep in mind if you're a 40 or 30 million alliance facing 4 stars and 5 star rank 4 champs you're prob going to get full attack bonus on all 12 wars which equal more points say 202,000 compare to someone on the top which most wars are close their total points will be lower.
  • Options

Starting at 0 would be pointless, you’d be getting nothing in terms of season rewards for months because the multiplier is so small.
    You’d just be steam rolling little alliances for a few PHC shards.
  • Options
    Here's my question maybe someone can answer this i know war rating are froze in the off season, how about tiers ? i ask because if you can move up a few Tiers in the off season then starting at a low war rating during war season will even boost you up the ladder faster which is what i think is going on here. i do think the new system is an improvement but i still see some unfair match ups from guys in Gold brackets being match up with guys that's in pat 3 or so due to Alliance taking a break from time to time and decide to do season now and the other alliance been very active and got up to Gold 3, now hows it fair that because their war rating is close that you have an alliance that belong in Gold 3 match up against an alliance in Plat 3. one alliance rating is 37million and the only is 19 million. hows that a fair match up ?