**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I love the new war match making.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
My alliance vs a different alliance. How the hell are they gold two. I knew match making was broke. But damn. We’re fight alliance that cannot even get into part two of our defense.

How many rewards did we miss all this time now?

Only reason we all stayed together was we like each other and have fun joking around. But now we see we all were getting screwed. Thanks for fixing aw for us. Teams half of our strength and ranked the same made no sense.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    it’s going to take a bit to sort itself out.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★

Feel sorry for the opponents

Funny thing is, we’re the same rating
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I'm enjoying it so far too. Keep fighting alliances that were multiple tiers above us last season but way smaller than us. Each war so far our opponent has been a little stronger. I'd give us one more before we catch someone bigger&better than we are and get clapped... as it should be! Compare this to last season where we lose three in a row to 35-40m alliances in gold3, then face a 43m alliance in our next war.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    xNig said:

Frosty said:

My alliance vs a different alliance. How the hell are they gold two. I knew match making was broke. But damn. We’re fight alliance that cannot even get into part two of our defense.

How many rewards did we miss all this time now?

Only reason we all stayed together was we like each other and have fun joking around. But now we see we all were getting screwed. Thanks for fixing aw for us. Teams half of our strength and ranked the same made no sense.

They're gold 2 from the broken system we used to have when they should have been higher. You're gold 2 from the same broken system when you should have been lower.

Things are gradually going to balance out
    Actually it’s quite the opposite. Lol. OP should have been higher and opponents lower. That’s why he loves the new system. 😂
    Fair enough. I assumed this was another complaint thread of the new matchmaking as opposed to a display at how bad the old one was.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I’m enjoying it too, just beat some supposed plat 4 alliance 3 boss kills to none... them ranking above us when we can perform so much better (in our first Tier 5 war in a long while too) just shows the flaws of the old system.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's not completely fair. If it was, people wouldn't keep pointing out their Matches.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Mike439 said:

It's not completely fair. If it was, people wouldn't keep pointing out their Matches.

Depends on your definition of fair.
    It IS FAIR to say that if you’re fighting the the same war rating then the size of the alliance doesn’t matter since you’re higher than you should be or they’re lower than they should be and one of you needs to move up or down.

People are just mad they can’t get easy matches and get top tier rewards. You want number 1? Fight number 1.
    No. People are mad that they're not getting Matches they have a chance to win because between last Season and this Season, the system was flipped. Saying they just want big Rewards for less effort is ignoring the actual issue here. It's not about the Rewards. It's about the system that's placing them in these overly-biased Matches.
  • Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Some of the people complaining would lose to the alliance rated higher than them even if they switched rosters. It's more about experience with much harder content, skill, and alliance organization than it is the size of the alliance.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

Mike439 said:

Mike439 said:

Mike439 said:

It IS FAIR to say that if you’re fighting the the same war rating then the size of the alliance doesn’t matter since you’re higher than you should be or they’re lower than they should be and one of you needs to move up or down.

People are just mad they can’t get easy matches and get top tier rewards. You want number 1? Fight number 1.
    No. People are mad that they're not getting Matches they have a chance to win because between last Season and this Season, the system was flipped. Saying they just want big Rewards for less effort is ignoring the actual issue here. It's not about the Rewards. It's about the system that's placing them in these overly-biased Matches.
    You can’t honestly say a 20M alliance should get the same rewards as a 40M alliance just because they had easier matches the whole way. It’s just ridiculous “everyone’s a winner” type thinking.
    Did I say anything about the Rewards? I'm talking about the Matches. Not the Rewards. Yes, there should absolutely be something preventing Matches that are vastly outnumbered.
    Stop covering up rewards with the matches. It’s nonsense. You don’t care about winning unless you care about rewards.

You want easier matches, that means you’ll get better rewards than the larger alliances facing other large alliances.

If you keep winning you face progressively harder alliances under this new system. IT IS FAIR. Once you start losing 2-3 times in a row then all it means is you started punching higher than you really could.

Obviously it’s a new system so it isn’t as balanced yet but it will be.
    That's not a cover up. That's the one-sided view of the opposition. You don't see them complaining about wanting Rewards. You see them complaining that the system they grew to trust would place them in appropriate Matches is now setting them up to lose. The only ones obsessed with the Rewards are the ones saying everything is okay.
    But it didn't place them in appropriate matches. It placed them in weak matches that allowed them to climb past alliances they never should have. You can't expect better rewards than a 40m alliance if you can't punch at their level. My alliance finished S3 last season. We easily beat a P3 alliance last war. So I clearly wasn't getting appropriate matches for a long time. Our opponents were way stronger than us, it was ridiculous to be honest. It will level out.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Mike439 said:

One of the best properties of the current system is that it automatically eliminates mismatches over time, and with it all the complaints about mismatches. I'm sure there are a lot of people who currently value the meta benefit almost as high as the direct one.
  • Options
    little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20
    edited July 2020
    New matchmaking is amazing. We started gold one and have been last few seasons.

Now we are top of platinum 4. One more war we will be platinum 3 - and we haven’t even come to close to a fair matchup yet.

So many missed rewards due to smaller alliances facing off amongst themselves. Really glad this is fixed.

I had no idea how unfair and unbalanced the previous system was.
  • Options
    little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20

DNA3000 said:

Mike439 said:

One of the best properties of the current system is that it automatically eliminates mismatches over time, and with it all the complaints about mismatches. I'm sure there are a lot of people who currently value the meta benefit almost as high as the direct one.
    Our opponent in this war until this season didn’t know how much bigger alliances and more powerful ones were getting screwed. I wish I took a pic of our chats. They were surprised we had r3 6*s, and every defender was at least a 6* or 5* r5.

While They had some 4*s and 5* r3s. They were nice about it and even fought as hard as they could. They didn’t just give up in the end. They didn’t use units but took it as an opportunity for improvement in themselves.

Well the one person I chatted with. When I told them I was making this thread, but asked to black out names
    That’s a nice story - I hope your opponents that lost do well this season once they find their natural place.

So many really great alliances playing this game. It’s the good people that make this game.