**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Whats so special about cap iw

ArsozArsoz Posts: 1,773 ★★★★
I have him as a 4 star rank 4 sig lvl 33 i think and i dont know if i should rank 5 him because besides hitting 12k crit sp2 i dont know what else he can exceed in.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    ill take him then
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Amazing synergie,s block proficiency, utility and damage. He is a swiss army knife.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,637 Guardian
    If you’re past the point of even using 4* champs, then wait until you get him (and Dup) as 5*.

And if you done know how to use him...
    Bring a cosmic and tech on the team with him (and skill too if he will fight champs that will poison or bleed him).
    Armor Break, Petrify, Nullify Debuffs (with Skill), nullify Unstoppable “BUFF”, BlockProf, etc.
    Parry with him several times to build up to 5 kinetic charges.
    Before doing an SP2, start your Heavy, and then do the SP2 immediately after 1st hit within the Heavy (aka, “interrupt” your own Heavy with your SP2).
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Check YouTube to see seatin cheesing various high level fights with a 2* capIW.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    IDK, I'd still prefer a void at the same level as him.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,768 ★★★★★

ill take him then

What's up with the jail thing?
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    CapIW is literally on my team at all times when questing. I have him a r5 5* with 102 sig lvl. He’s a true beast with nice damage, pretty tanky, shuts down unstoppable, can shrug off debuffs. He’s a really good champ.
  • Options
    ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    edited July 2020

ill take him then

made some comments mods didn’t like.

ill take him then

I was about to ask the same thing even @FRITO_Man has the jail thingy on
  • Options
    4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Im pretty sure you forgot to throw a heavy before the l2 my 4* sig99 5/50
    Does 27k on a crit and 5 kinetic potential
  • Options
    4dlai4dlai Posts: 250

IDK, I'd still prefer a void at the same level as him.

Cap has more utility imo
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    1) Sustain (block prof, perfect block, glancing)

2) Fixed dmg increase (his kinetic charging gives him +X dmg, which helps against the nodes in 5.3)

3) Dmg (awesome SP2, SP1 does nice bleeds, SP3 shreds)

4) Universal (can be played through normal combos, parry heavy, SP1-3, whatever you want)

5) Boss Counter (most of UC bosses are easily countrable by CapIW)

6) Nice, swift movements (easy intercepts, long heavies)
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    A_NAZ said:

His beard

This! All others cower before the power of the beard!

Cap has great damage, perfect blocks, great utility and good synergies. There is a lot to like about him.

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    One of the best utility champs. Look for dupe him and put on high sig. He can easily be MVP in a lot of fights.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Captain America Infinity War

**Overview:**

If you're looking for damage or utility, Cap can give you the best of both worlds and make it look easy. He excels with a parry reliant playstyle, so he's actually very easy to use. All of the following will be based on an unawakened Cap, I'll come to his signature ability later on and explain why that can be so useful. 

To begin with, all of his abilities are passive effects, so you never need to worry about nodes like buffet or nullify abilities. This applies to his kinetic charges and passive fury effects. Cap gains kinetic potential in 3 different ways primarily. When you parry an attack, you will have a 100% chance to gain one kinetic potential, regular blocks will have a 50% chance and being struck by the opponent gives you a 15% chance to gain one charge. These are capped at 5 stacks and are key to utilising Cap effectively. Kinetic potential provides the following benefits and are based on a Rank 5 Level 65 Captain America Infinity war:

\-1150.5 attack

\-700 Physical resistance

\-700 Energy resistance

\-The ability to nullify unstoppable buffs (not passives) when your attacks make contact. This has a 100% chance to trigger. Be aware that this does act as a nullify so it won’t work against champions that are immune to nullify. Thing would be a good example of this.

\-30% Chance for incoming attacks to glance. This applies to blocked hits as well and glancing hits will have -100% offensive ability accuracy. The chance to glance is doubled when facing mystic opponents.

After using a special attack, Cap will lose all of his kinetic potential charges. It’s worth mentioning that the energy resistance he gains can be quite useful against certain types of unavoidable damage such as coldsnap or limbo. Since they both deal direct energy damage this increased resistance will limit how much damage those abilities can do to you. To test this, start a fight with an awakened iceman and watch the damage for a few seconds without blocking or getting hit. Then parry or block some attacks and you should see a clear difference when you become kinetically charged.

**Playstyle:**

Cap is a fantastic character because he flawlessly combines the ability to tank incoming damage and deal a lot of damage in return. The best way to maximise your damage output is to use a parry heavy playstyle. By doing this, you gain 1 more kinetic potential each time you parry and you keep refreshing his passive fury effect which can provide a very significant increase to your base attack. When you parry with cap, you will always take 0 damage thanks to his high block proficiency. The only time this doesn’t apply is when the opponent has block penetration. It doesn’t matter how high their attack rating is, block penetration is the one to watch out for. A reduction in your block proficiency can impact this in a similar way, incinerate debuffs or certain nodes could cause this. 

Whenever you use your heavy attack it will activate a passive fury effect for 5 seconds. The strength of this fury will depend on the number of kinetic potential charges active at the time. Each charge will increase your attack by 1150.5 at 5/65. You then receive another increase of 1150.5 because you are considered kinetically charged. This is a total increase of 6903 attack so you’ll be seeing some very impressive damage numbers. The focus then is to build up to SP2, activate your passive fury and then cancel that heavy attack into the special. If this attack is critical you could deal up to 90,000 damage in a single hit without suicide masteries. I’ll go into more detail about that below.

**Special Attacks:**

**SP1-** This attack gives cap a little bit more utility with some decent damage depending on how you use it. It applies 3 stacks of bleed (one for each hit) and reduces the opponent’s defensive ability accuracy by 100% for the duration of this attack, this only applies if you are kinetically charged. You can use this to prevent abilities from triggering, an example could be pushing Magik over a bar of power to prevent limbo from activating. To increase your bleed damage, simply build up your kinetic potential and cancel a heavy attack into it. You can allow the first hit to connect and then throw the special.

**SP2-** This is where the big damage comes from. As I mentioned before you can hit up to 90k damage with this attack by gaining 5 kinetic potential charges and using it with your passive fury effect active. On top of the increased attack from your fury and being kinetically charged, this attack also benefits from an additional 1150.5 attack per charge and an increased stun duration per charge too. So, your base attack when using this can be increased by up to 12,655.5 

1150.5x5=5753.5

5753.5+6903=12,655.5

This number excludes the standard base attack listed below his total health.

**SP3-** This attack is also capable of doing some very impressive damage, it can be particularly useful against champions like Mr Sinister as it can’t be critical which in turn, means that he can’t heal from it and undo the damage. Cap gains 2301 attack for up to two different classes on his team when he is kinetically charged, this doesn’t include himself though. That means that he can increase his attack by up to 11,505 when using a SP3. You can expect close to or more than 50k damage in ideal circumstances for this attack.

2301x2=4602

4602+6903=11,505

**Signature ability:**

Cap gains a lot of valuable utility from this and benefits greatly from being at a high signature level. He gains different bonuses by having a variety of class types on his team, my personal favourites are cosmic, mystic and skill:

Mutant- X% chance to gain 1 Kinetic potential after using a special attack

Skill- X% chance to shrug off a debuff when it is gained by consuming one kinetic potential

Science-X% chance to place a weakness debuff on the opponent when using parry

Mystic-X% chance to gain one kinetic potential whenever a buff expires on the opponent or you nullify an unstoppable buff

Cosmic-X% chance to place an armour break debuff on the opponent when using parry

Tech-X% chance to place a petrify debuff on the when using parry, this reduces healing abilities by 25%

Signature level estimates for the value of X above. Level 50 and level 200 are both accurate values taken from in game examples.

\-Level 50 (52% chance)

\-Level 100 (65-70% chance)

\-Level 150(80-90% chance)

\-Level 200 (100% chance)

If you want to reverse healing with cap the trick is to combine despair with petrify and stack as many debuffs as possible. It would be beneficial to bring a science and cosmic along with a tech so that you get 3 debuffs in addition to the stun, each time you parry. 
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If a 4-40 can only hit for 12k on the sp2 you’re not playing him right, build 5 charges and then use the heavies, chain the sp2 from the first hit of the heavy and then you can see some huge crits.
    As for why he’s great, he has amazing block proficiency, solid damage confined into very few hits, he nullifies unstoppable, is a good counter to stunnable evade champions, and with his sig he has access to armour break weakness petrify and the ability to shrug off debuffs
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Well, a similar argument can be made for Void.