**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warfare, smdh.

2»

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    the thing is it's well within the rules of the game to place no defenders. i mean kabam said they wanted to stop the discouraged feeling of being stuck on a node, what better way to follow kabam's wishes than to give them a free map?

A free Map that ends up being in a guaranteed Loss because there's nothing to kill? Lol. Not the intention of the changes.

lol i know, i was being facetious.
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    Like I said, are they cheaters for exploiting it.. No, I wouldn't say so. Are they dbags... because of what they were saying in war chat, yes. Otherwise it's just an unfortunate loophole and side effect of improper testing.
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    My alliance's problem with placing all 150, and placing well, is that we lost because we were rated 1 mil less. They only had one more diverse defender than us and cleared less of the map (1 node, 100% vs 99.7%) but still won just because their defender rating was higher than ours. (We also had 10 more kills even tho they were rated 1 mil higher, 10 mil vs 9 mil)

I don't mind things like defender rating and diversity being a tiebreaker but when it is so easy to 100% A map now that it is too easy to tie and the smaller alliance loses that every time. So we place fewer and more diverse defenders now at the cost of defensive kills since those mean nothing.

I hate it and think it's stupid and I hope kabam comes up with a solution soon because I want to place real defenders and come up with a real strategy for defense and not play out this farce
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Lmao that winning alli did absolutely nothing wrong. They won a war using the points system that kabam designed and implemented. In every aspect of the game we attempt to reach a goal using the least resources possible. The better/smarter/more well equipped you are, the better the chances you have. The losing alli just didn't realize they got outplayed according to kabam's rules.

People tried over and over and over again to tell kabam what a mistake they were making. They laid out the critical flaws in their war design. There were tons of comments and many threads about it. I even saw mods comment on one particular thread that highlighted this "strategy".

And what did kabam do? They did what kabam always does. Push forward without thinking and only giving lip service to the players. This is just the latest example. Go find the beta testing threads, especially the one that they took down about 8 times. It wasn't a harmful thread, it was a cry for sanity to kabam with extremely good content. You think this war scheme was tested beyond someone opening the game and moving thru the map? Someone seeing if a fight worked or not? It's obvious it wasn't actually live tested or the rewards issue wouldn't have happened. I'd be embarrassed if that was my work going out to the masses.

Now they'll end up forcing placement or some other dumb bandaid style half fix. Water is wet. Kabam won't invest the time or effort in much more than window dressing at this point. It's sad because they have a vast untapped resource to make their game amazing again and won't use it. Or fix bugs. That's the other thing they won't do lol.

It's sad, really.

I completely agree with you, 110%. Not saying they did anything wrong, simply stating the system is hugely flawed per usual.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Lmao that winning alli did absolutely nothing wrong. They won a war using the points system that kabam designed and implemented. In every aspect of the game we attempt to reach a goal using the least resources possible. The better/smarter/more well equipped you are, the better the chances you have. The losing alli just didn't realize they got outplayed according to kabam's rules.

People tried over and over and over again to tell kabam what a mistake they were making. They laid out the critical flaws in their war design. There were tons of comments and many threads about it. I even saw mods comment on one particular thread that highlighted this "strategy".

And what did kabam do? They did what kabam always does. Push forward without thinking and only giving lip service to the players. This is just the latest example. Go find the beta testing threads, especially the one that they took down about 8 times. It wasn't a harmful thread, it was a cry for sanity to kabam with extremely good content. You think this war scheme was tested beyond someone opening the game and moving thru the map? Someone seeing if a fight worked or not? It's obvious it wasn't actually live tested or the rewards issue wouldn't have happened. I'd be embarrassed if that was my work going out to the masses.

Now they'll end up forcing placement or some other dumb bandaid style half fix. Water is wet. Kabam won't invest the time or effort in much more than window dressing at this point. It's sad because they have a vast untapped resource to make their game amazing again and won't use it. Or fix bugs. That's the other thing they won't do lol.

It's sad, really.

Spot on. And as we learned from the recent beta tester thread and any other thread before it thats spot on.......the thread gets deleted
    R4GE wrote: »

It's sad, really.

Spot on. And as we learned from the recent beta tester thread and any other thread before it thats spot on.......the thread gets deleted

Surprised this one has lasted as long as it has.
    cradleman wrote: »
    My alliance's problem with placing all 150, and placing well, is that we lost because we were rated 1 mil less. They only had one more diverse defender than us and cleared less of the map (1 node, 100% vs 99.7%) but still won just because their defender rating was higher than ours. (We also had 10 more kills even tho they were rated 1 mil higher, 10 mil vs 9 mil)

I don't mind things like defender rating and diversity being a tiebreaker but when it is so easy to 100% A map now that it is too easy to tie and the smaller alliance loses that every time. So we place fewer and more diverse defenders now at the cost of defensive kills since those mean nothing.

I hate it and think it's stupid and I hope kabam comes up with a solution soon because I want to place real defenders and come up with a real strategy for defense and not play out this farce

What does your alliance rating have to do with anything?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    It may get merged into the Feedback Thread if anything.
    8jqgren0xcls.png

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Dakine86 wrote: »
    8jqgren0xcls.png

lol are you trying to subtly get the alliance in trouble?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    This Is absolutely brilliant. Sorry for a bad lose but I laughed at this.
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Dakine86 wrote: »
    8jqgren0xcls.png

lol are you trying to subtly get the alliance in trouble?

Nah, they broke no rules. There's nothing to get in trouble for.
  • While it's true that this is a result of a poorly-thought AW concept by Kabam, we must not forget that this is only possible if the team with no defenders clear all nodes of the opposing team. We don't know their cost of doing that.

Nevertheless, i agree that this new AW needs overhauling. Piss poor concept of a "war".
  • BuzzBee wrote: »
    While it's true that this is a result of a poorly-thought AW concept by Kabam, we must not forget that this is only possible if the team with no defenders clear all nodes of the opposing team. We don't know their cost of doing that.

Nevertheless, i agree that this new AW needs overhauling. Piss poor concept of a "war".

With new nodes, not matter what champs you place it doesnt cost much to 100%. Regular nodes are too easy and You just need to use up all your champs on boss nodes.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    How on earth was this not picked up kabam? Was this new change to AW even tested for any flaws? Even if you do make changes, it's not fair that alliances have missed out on 500-1000 5* shards because they have come across alliances that are making the most of the massive flaw in this new AW design... something needs to be done ASAP....

No. The issue is that your alliance has not reviewed the point scoring and got beat by the new scoring system. Any alliance that faced a no placement alliance should beat that alliance if you folllow the point scoring (at least until kabam modifies scoring to make it impossible to win against a zero placement alliance)