**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A tribute to Corvus Glaive

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
(Long post Warning)

Like @Moot4Life with his Luke Cage, I too have to say goodbye my fateful champion: Corvus Glaive.

Our journey together began when I was just a noob at this game. I was spending my days carelessly dilly-dallying in Act 4 with my favorite trio: Doctor Octopus, Electro and Moon Knight. They were everything too me. I had started collecting 5-Stars, but they were my go-to's. Soon however, my journey in Act 4 took a dark turn. Things became difficult. First it was the venom who had vanquished all of my champions. Then it was Chapter 4 of Act 4! I knew I had to improve, so I set out on a journey to get my roster into shape!

One day, I found what many refer to as a rough guide or some helpful advise. I considered it sacred knowledge. It was Seatin's tier list. This list changed my life as I had horrifying revelations of the potential of my champions. The 5-Star Groot! The Rhino! My fateful Moon Knight was deemed 'Occasionally Useful'! Then it dawned on me. This game was not as it seemed. I had gotten so caught up with my trio that I had not realized the potential of some of my characters. Hyperion! Symbiote Supreme! Ghost Rider! But one name stood out above the rest.

Corvus Glaive.

He was fascinating, to say the least, with his glaive in his hand. He was menacing.I invested my valuable resources into him to unleash him potential. He was a monster! I became a monster when I used him. I would target innocent foes with my Corvus to complete these 'missions'. These charges had extreme value that I'd never seen before. I discarded my trio. Corvus Glaive became worthy of his title: Champion. Together, we were unstoppable. He took me through everything. I blasted through Act 4 Completion with ease and explored it with little difficulty.

Act 5 was more difficult with my little skill, but Corvus was there. He carried me to victory and slayed all that we encountered. Then we saw our first major threat: The Collector. I knew what had to be done. I save countless revives knowing that Corvus would be pushed to his limits. I saved 4 team revives and was ready to approach the villain. But my soldier surprised me! I left with 2 team revives to my name and the beast had fallen!

A new challenge appeared: Act 5 Chapter 3. 'Weakness' had Corvus and I worried for our future. Corvus was struggling. Completing missions became more difficult than it had ever been! Nevertheless, Corvus Glaive proved that he would not let weakness overcome him. And with that, 5.3 was done and dusted. In Chapter 4, Corvus got his revenge and unleashed a thrashing on everyone that stood in our way. When the final boss of the chapter came, Corvus was ready. With 4 charges gained from those who dared to oppose him, he was ready to face this foe.
But things took a turn for this worst! Ultron unleashed power gain and blasted corvus into oblivion! My loyal steed had only taken 3% off this monster. Nebula was up next and she was amazing! she took her batons to ultron and killed him! Corvus was dazzled! So was I! Corvus felt the regret of embarrassing himself in front of his wife.

That day, I promised Corvus that I'd never let him down again and pick someone over him. Corvus vowed that he would never let me down. I didn't realize how soon I would break this promise.

I looked at the next challenge on the horizon: Act 6. This is where the Acts ended. Corvus sharpened his glaive and prepared to fight. Nothing could prepare him for what he was about to see.

A gate.

Corvus stared down these 'requirements'. '5 and 6-Stars only' it said. With all his might he tried to bash the gate down, but it wouldn't give. He gave up. He realized that his stars had let him down.
Me and my 5 and 6-Stars departed on our journey to the mysterious land. 'We'll be back for you,' I promised. With a heavy heart, I achieved it. Cavalier. Me and Corvus rejoiced when we reunited. But things were different. We knew our time together was limited. Corvus' Shine began to fade. But hope was not lost! Another challenge appeared: Elder's Bane. Corvus was ready.

He vaporized everyone that he'd seen before, but left behind. Ultron. Punisher 2099. Cable. He discarded 5 hit combos and only struck with 3 hit combos. They were lethal. Over time, powerful champions overtook him in PI, but Corvus ignored the signs. Slowly, Corvus' control over the roster was fading. He couldn't bring his wife into quests anymore. Their bond was shattered. Then, the grand finale came. The team was back at the collector, ready to vanquish him 5 more times.
Corvus then stood side by side with the one who had taken his place as captain: Aegon. They both had Silver stars and were max rank and level. Both could strike with devastating critical hits. But Aegon had what Corvus didn't: 5 Stars. Corvus put aside their differences and they went to war! They were victorious! They achieved 'Elder's Bane'. The team had served me well. I was proud.

I'll spare you the extra details of what happened between Elder's Bane and today, for Corvus's sake.

Today, a new event quest landed. Corvus was ready to tackle the challenges and bosses, as he always had. But I ignored his desperate cries to be placed on the team. I barely heard them. Side by side, Seatin and I breezed through the quest. My 5 and 6-Stars never let me down. Colossus and Aegon were the leaders now, with the other 2 slots given to those that earned them. I completed the quests without my warrior beside me.

Alliance Quests started a few hours later. A new week and a new challenge. The alliance war season was over, with Corvus not seeing a glimpse of action. As he waited to see if he would be chosen. Everyone was here and available. With memories of the battlefield in mind, Corvus counted the number of champions above him. 12. I swallowed hard and he bowed his head.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story! Here are some of Corvus Glaive's most notable achievements that he helped me achive:
  1. Act 4 Completion
  2. Act 4 Exploration
  3. Act 5 Completion
  4. Act 5 Exploration
  5. V4 Chap 2 Completion and Exploration
  6. Completing and Exploring UCEQ numerous times
  7. Countless Alliance quests and wars.
I dedicate this post to Corvus Glaive. He's no longer on my main roster, but I'll never forget our times together.

Comments

• Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    LOL, may you pull a 6* one day soon, he'll have what you need. Just took my 6* to rank 3. ,may yours be happy in retirement 😊
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    nto a novela

I am sorry for your loss. At least he made it further than mine.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'm afraid that the day that I have to leave my 4* corvus behind will come soon.
  • Options
    The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    Corvus is legit
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Moot4Life said:

nto a novela

How is LC btw?
    Unfortunately, he is pretty much arena fodder now. I use him from time to time to relive my memories of his glory days. But most of the time he gets outshined.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Moot4Life said:

nto a novela

How is LC btw?
    Unfortunately, he is pretty much arena fodder now. I use him from time to time to relive my memories of his glory days. But most of the time he gets outshined.
    I don't know if thisll make you feel better, but my six star one is very helpful in aq
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I gave you all agrees to offset the hemorrhoid hauling downvoter. Also beautiful story that I could relate to as I used my 4 and 5 Corvus forever until colossus, doom, and nick fury took over for me.
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    I’ll have to say goodbye to my 5/65 hype soon to make way for cmm :(
  • Options
    Mcoc_alMcoc_al Posts: 46
    Allow a riposte if I may.
    A new summoner joins the contest, early in the days when 12.0 was a thing, and yet no scarlet witch nor thor, nor even Dr strange had I.
    Perserved I did to my first 5 star, elektra, often overlooked but useful none the less. Damphir day was upon us, save for blade they said. To no avail, my account was not far enough along to need or require him. Days and months go past a stark enhanced spidey propels me to uncollected. No further for me, no trinity. No chance. And then upon the horizon a champ appears, Glaive in hand with no silver stars a 5 star corvus. Act 5 was still my goal and he did still not disappoint, 5.4 ultron we had 4 solo's and then I heard the news. By all accounts act 6 was a stretch to far, by now corvus was r5. We had one option....
    Suicides... Glady this this sacrifice was made. Both he and I relished on our ne found power. But the health pools remained and we suffered. Eventually we parted ways at 6.2. Now however. 6.3 beckons 2 chapters down albeit it no complete but my main man corvus is strutting down the street. Far be it for me to say he is the best. But other will attest. For a lot of content he is still the best
  • Options
    Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    This exactly happened to me!! Except I used corvus to finish 5.4 ultron as well. And that was his end. But then I got 5* corvus two days after that who helped me get cavalier. Corvus glaive, an absolute beast!!
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Umm, this was extremely well composed, but I feel obligated to point out that corvus and nebula are adopted siblings....
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    Awesome write up OP. I love when people do this on the forums.
    I noticed however you said Nebula was Corvuss wife in a early part, it's Proxima who is, not Nebbie
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

i got him a few weeks ago and I just don’t see the hype. what exactly do I use him for? he doesn’t mean anything.

My guy you are NOT using him correctly lol. In a quest, do at least two of the following:
    • KO an Avenger
    • KO a Tech champ
    • KO a Mutant champ
    • Use a heavy or sp1 to knock down a champ that Evades or Auto Blocks you
    These will each stack a Cruelty buffs on him while he has Glaive Charges and they end up doing MASSIVE damage. Look up some videos of him after he gets even just two of the above done. I have him as a 4*, 5*, and now 6* and he is just an absolute powerhouse. Worth all the hype.
    so spend three fights for a ramp up I don’t even need when I can Quake the fight or spam heavies with Hyperion?

I’m good, thanks. Besides, I hate his animations.