**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make all 6 star crystals nexus crystals

We have all experienced the frustration of working long and hard to finally accrue enough 6 star shards To form a crystal only to get a useless champ. I.E. just pulled groot. Before that, ant man, sentry, diablo and elektra. I don’t know anyone who feels its not disheartening.

It would be better if they just made all 6 star crystals nexus crystals, where you at least get a choice. Kabam mike, please do us right!

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Wally2 said:

We have all experienced the frustration of working long and hard to finally accrue enough 6 star shards To form a crystal only to get a useless champ. I.E. just pulled groot. Before that, ant man, sentry, diablo and elektra. I don’t know anyone who feels its not disheartening.

It would be better if they just made all 6 star crystals nexus crystals, where you at least get a choice. Kabam mike, please do us right!

no
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Wally2 said:

just pulled groot.

/thread
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Wally2 said:

I hope your next 6* pull to be a dupe on groot or a King Groot
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Wally2 said:

To put it as simply as possible, the only reason 6* champs exist at all is to have something that is far harder to get than 5* champs, and that means it both takes more effort to acquire them, and players generally have less control over what they get, than 5* champions.

This runs counter to how many players think. They think since 6* champs are harder to get, every single one should be much better than in the case of 5* champs where you can get them easier. But that's simply not how games like this work. If you're getting 6* champions very slowly, such that you're so invested in what pops out of that drop it is extremely disappointing if you don't get what you want, then that simply means you're at a progression point where you're supposed to be focusing on 5* champs.

Everyone wants to skip to the end, if we all didn't want to skip to the end then the game probably wouldn't be worth playing at all. But the game isn't going to let you, because if it did people would get bored with the game too quickly.

So long as champion acquisition is random, and it always will be, you have to be able to roll with pulls that were not your top choices. Or, to head off the inevitable counter, you have to be able to roll with pulls that were your absolute last choice. Because when champion acquisition is random, randomness inevitable generates those kinds of results sometimes. If you can't, this game will grind you down.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

So you just want to devalue the exploration reward of Act 6? Okay...

To be fair, it’s not really devaluing the rewards for Act 6. Kabam devalued the nexus six star when they started selling it for 100 dollars on July 3rd and for 6,000 the other day.
  • Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

So just make that a champ selector
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

To be fair, it’s not really devaluing the rewards for Act 6. Kabam devalued the nexus six star when they started selling it for 100 dollars on July 3rd and for 6,000 the other day.
    I mean, I guess, but $100 or 6000 units could get you through Act 6 anyway, so it's still a fair trade-off.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I saw this post and chuckled a bit.
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Mathgeek said:

So just make that a champ selector
    Eh that will be a bit too powerful especially after act 6 nerf.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Would you still want it if it cost 30k shards?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Are you saying that once Kabam sold a Nexus 6* crystal, turning all 6* basic crystals into Nexus crystals doesn't devalue the Nexus 6* any further? It sounds like you're saying once something has been devalued, it can not be devalued again.