**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion aka superman before Direct TV is OP

I'm not one for nerfing champs, but Hyperion seriously needs his power gain taken down a few notches. Like he's seriously unbeatable when you run into him on arena or any other game mode when you're not prepared to fight him with power drain champs. He literally sits there with his arms folded doing absolutely nothing until he gets S3. Like are you kidding me? You nerf all of the greats but add him and Mordo? Just throw in Hercules next why don't cha. Make sure he's indestructible, unstoppable, regenerates, attack is 2000 at rank 3/30 (without masteries lol), and critical with every hit since we're adding OP characters. But seriously Hyperion needs a nerf. Sorry not sorry.

Comments

• Options
    Baiting isn't the issue. But while you're baiting him all he does is keeping gaining power. He barely ever uses s1 or s2 and I know what I'm doing.
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Hyperion's sp3 isn't that devastating. I use 5* champs and use that bar thing to reduce damage from his sp3.
  • Options
    The first time it isn't bad. The second time is for sure death. Definitely if he is 5/50.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Only when he initially came out have I been hit by his l3. I have faced a sig 80+ 4* in AW and power gain. Bait bait bait. He's l1 happy and l2 is also easy to bait. Sometimes it's 3 or less hits then bait. I will agree with you on arena, but then again that's with any champ at some streak levels where they refuse to use specials.
  • Options
    When I have thor or someone else that does insane damage, he uses s1 and s2. Other than that he lets you think you're doing something and the BAM!!! L3 cherry pick
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    There is an easy way to baid his specials, specially the 2nd one. You need to practice more
  • Options
    Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    Yes Hyperion is easy to bait. He loves using his 2nd special.
  • Options
    SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    I've never had a problem with him.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    all those **** comments here are those who have him ranked high and dont want him nerfed.i noticed many failed winning him without losing at least 30% hp.
    Nerf now for a greater america.

I regularly beat him at 100% life. Rarely do to him.. but you know that's not the point right. We suck vs certain champs so they must be nerfed!
  • Options
    ARGONAUTZARGONAUTZ Posts: 12
    Just be prepared.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    What do you mean other than L3? He has anything other than SP3?! What?!
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I think he is super annoying, and looks so damned smug when he kicks back with those folded arms and stupid face... But I do have issues with baiting him, personally. Sometimes I get him to pop and L1, and usually an L2, but only one of each, and then it's L3s from there on out. Just tapping his block and dashing back, letting champ walk up to him, don't seem to work vs him like it does with others. Best I have found is three actual hits if he stops blocking, and then backing up, will often pull a special out of him.
    But I don't want to see him nerfed, and I don't even have him. Buff other champs, don't nerf current ones. Okay, I lied, nerf Dormammu's particle effects ;)
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Fake superman is really annoying but shouldn't be nerfed. Now that double dash back is fixed, it should be a lot easier to bait him properly.
  • Options
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    Holy smokes people?! Really that's what it comes to now?? Hyp is too hard to fight nerf him??? So every champ we have difficulty with the only answer is "kabam nerf them??" Do you hear yourself?? Man let's see by that standard you might as well get rid of OG visions sig ability all together because he gains power faster than ANY hero. I can't believe this is what our community as come to. The challenge is to great so nerf. Haven't you guys realized since 12.0 nothing has gotten better for any of the players?? Did the game content get easier??? Nope. Did they bring out new heros will garbage abilities like the old one? Nope. Every time people call for a nerf you just asking for kabam to jack the game up even more and make it harder, all because you have difficulty fighting 1 character. Kabam doesn't take an inch they take a mile asking for anyone to get nerfed is asking kabam please wipe the slate clean again, make content harder and nerf a bunch of champs we love because a FEW of us decide that hyp is just too dang hard to fight even though:
    Hyp feeds MD like crazy
    Magjik: nullify, power lock + 5% more damage from buff
    Doc: fate seal
    Sw: nullify powerlock
    OG vision: power burn
    Vision: power burn
    Nebula: powerlock
    Hood: stagger, power steal
    Voodoo: power drain
    WS: sporadic power drain
    Yondu: decreases power by -50%
    Gp: powerlock
    CW: power drain

I could keep going, but hell we as a community are apparently so puzzled and distraught with hyp that he needs to be nerfed because he too difficult??? It's embarrassing.... 2 things folks: Skills and strategy. All you need to get past hyp. And yes I'm in a 11M+ alliance and yes I fight tier 1 expert in AW with a 2400+ Rating and yes I fought hyp as the top mini and was so excited it wasn't dorm

Okay a few things to tackle on this novel you just wrote me. For one, you named a bunch of champions that balance his effects out but the first thing I said is when you play "modes when you're not prepared to fight him". 2nd I don't want him nerfed because he's hard to beat. I'm fine with using strategy to beat certain fighters. The thing is with Hyperion it comes down to luck and praying he decides to actually fight instead of dodging back like a coward and folding his arms until S3. That **** takes the fun out of the game. Everyone else has a weakness except him. Groot: just get longer stun, Magik: Dont hit her in limbo, NC: Throw short combos and dont get greedy, Juggernaut: stun and move back until unstoppable is gone etc. . But then Mordo and Hyperion you just have to pray for an actual fight? Thats bs and nobody shout be juiced like that. Even DS before nerf I had no issues with.
  • Options
    OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @Apocalypse_810 , any character that builds power gradually such as mordo or hyp or OG vision, the AI for whatever reason is geared to be happy sitting back and blocking. When that happens is when I attack normally with a heavy, 70% when I connect the AI immediately becomes super aggressive and fires off a special. Now that's 70% of the time the other 30% is what you stated probably bad luck. So what you're referring to is when you don't expect to fight hyp is the reason why he needs to be Nerfed? So if I'm in Aw and hit a starts with 2 bars of power node that has OG vision is that a legitimate reason for him to get nerfed because I was unsure if he would be there? also you said it's not because he's hard to fight. Isn't that the exact reason for why he should be nerfed? Because if he sits back and builds power it's too difficult to beat him? Mind you I'm not trying to take away from your skills that is unknown to me and not my place to judge, but you see how it presents itself? Hyp sits back and build power and that's too hard to fight against or not fun. You mentioned that hyp doesn't have any weaknesses. He's has some: he bleeds like everyone else, he feeds mystic dispersion like crazy ( don't perform a heavy and gain fury instant s3 from any mystic).granted he has unique properties but hyp doesn't have unavoidable damage like say Magjik, he can't rewind damage, he doesn't have cold snap like iceman, he can't place a buff on you and convert it to massive posion like AA or voodoo, he can't syhpon life like rogue or Hood. He's strong and has powergain. I still don't think that if your not prepared to fight him, he is worthy of him being nerfed, and like I said earlier kabam takes a mile not an inch.
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    "I can't fight good against Hyperion so we should nerf him"
  • Options
    No more like "I depend on hyperion to win because I suck and have no skill so I wanna do little to no fighting and still win" is what you all sound like by defending a character that shouldn't be on the game. Who has even heard of this fairy before this game in the marvel universe? If I wanted superman I'd play Injustice 2 :smile:
  • Options
    Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Wow another person that has lost his mind about hero nerfing, you guys that do this just make yourselves look silly!
  • Options
    Might as well add Eternity, Beyonder, and One-Above All. (Look them up) ..makes since right if you don't wanna fight?
  • Options
    @Apocalypse_810 , so we shifted to if a person has hyperion there's no skill required to use him? And that's the reason he should be nerfed???
  • Options
    That means iceman, Magjik, juggs,( hell any mystic because of MD) electro basically anyone the deals automatic damage should be nerfed. At what point would the nerfing stop??
  • Options
    Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Ok now u want to fight no need for name calling son just stating my opinion, clearly you must be a noob fighter if u can't beat him and asking for a nerf! Let me ask you this I have played this game since the opening, and worked my ass of to get heros that will stop the heros that you are crying about how is it fair because you don't have them that they need a nerf I just don't get it!
  • Options
    Calling for a nerf because a hero is favorable to fight with is dangerous man. Everyone will have a hero they prefer to fight with because of move sets and easiness of fighting with.